Ryan Burl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bong3
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Ryan Burl

Post by bong3 »

Force Hondo into coaching Tuskers now force Ryan Burl into opening for Tuskers as if they are no players and coaches in Tuskers at all. I think if we should be supportive to. Ryan Burl 's career we should be complaining about why he was not picked up by Tuskers we should want to see him playing first rate cricket (not second rate cricket) ,the teams that are performing well should adopt him not the struggling Tuskers.

I dont think Vumi Moyo blocked Ryan, Vumi is somebody whom I once heard that they want best players. for the job regardless of where they come from.Why would he single out Ryan?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Seems misguided. As long as he continues to score big runs in the Logan Cup he will force the selectors hand. Not playing isn’t going to help.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

He doesn’t really have another option unless he’s happy being a club cricketer in England?

Couldn’t possibly try for a global t20 career, that’s not his strength.

Dogg is right the franchises might not have liked the terms being offered by Burl, but we don’t really know in which manner he approached them? If he conducted himself in the right manner there’s no excuse for the franchises knocking him back due to his record. Also if it was a directive from Rajpot then the franchises definitely should have accommodated him, the Rhinos didn’t seem to have a problem letting Tari open
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jward

Post by jward »

I have just seen Ryan at the Tuskers match at Harare Sports Club, and he says he really doesn't know why he has, in effect, been banned from playing. He says one Tuskers official told him it was because he was not a Bulawayo resident. He thinks it's mainly politics, and told me who he thought was mainly responsible, but I had better not repeat the name.

Ryan is a very nice guy, quietly spoken and not somebody likely to be offensive or cause trouble, and perhaps certain people have taken advantage of this. He didn't she any anger or bitterness while we spoke, just deep disappointment that he has been denied the opportunity to follow his career and perhaps play for his country.

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

I really hope he gets some games during the Pro50 competition, with one of the franchises.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm telling you, these stupid fucking rats in the ZC system will one day rue these moments. There's going to be a day when the side doesn't have the internationally recognised names of Brendan Taylor or Hamilton Mazakadza in it anymore; this is when they'll be crying out for kids like Ryan Burl. Genuinely good players who average 40!!!!! In ZC FC Cricket should not be ignored and even worse, blocked! This guy can bat, I mean he may not have done a lot yet but he sure can play. I watched his century for the rising stars in 2017 and he was just easing the ball the boundary. Pigs like Moyo shouldn't even have the right to veto such a player. The coaching set up needs to step in here and make a statement because this is awful

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Agree 100% Sloandog. ZC are digging their graves. Not just theirs, but cricket in the country.
On another point, Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland are about to play a quadrangular tournament in Oman. Scotland then play 3 Odis vs Oman, Netherlands then play some Fc teams in India, and Ireland are then embarking on a full tour vs Afghanistan. And what are Zim doing....f**k all until they play Ireland in July.

jward

Post by jward »

Robbo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Agree 100% Sloandog. ZC are digging their graves. Not just theirs, but cricket in the country.
On another point, Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland are about to play a quadrangular tournament in Oman. Scotland then play 3 Odis vs Oman, Netherlands then play some Fc teams in India, and Ireland are then embarking on a full tour vs Afghanistan. And what are Zim doing....f**k all until they play Ireland in July.
I heard today that ZC are trying to arrange visits by the UAE and Afghanistan in April. (And that the opponents will cover the costs!) We'll see.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jward wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
Robbo wrote:
I heard today that ZC are trying to arrange visits by the UAE and Afghanistan in April. (And that the opponents will cover the costs!) We'll see.
That looks the best bet to arrange tours outside the FTP. They should arrange a tour to Nepal as well for 3 ODIs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jward wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
Robbo wrote:
Chances of this happening John?

Zimfan1 said that the Afghanistan players have asked not to play Zimbabwe again, but without any fixtures before the World Cup you’d think they’d take any games they could get?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement