Openers vs UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Openers vs UAE

Post by Donald »

So i would go with either Brian chari or k long to partner masakaza at the top of order for next matches against UAE. Let's try them out. Zhuwayo is too hot and cold. Both have been in the runs and KLong in particular has a very good list A average above 35

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Openers vs UAE

Post by Andybligzz »

I’d have my lineup for the uae as a chance to test unchartered waters with the likes of Burl as a opener with someone experienced like hammy . This would be my XI

1.hamilton (c) 2. Burl/musakanda 3. Taylor (wk) 4. C.Ervine 5. PJ Moor (vc) 6. S.Williams 7. S.Raza 8. D.Tirapano 9. T.Chisoro 10. K.Jarvis 11. T.Chatara
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Seems the right call Donald, Chari is in good nick by the looks of it, and while Kamunhukamwe hasn't set the world on fire, has not completely failed too. Musakanda has been very quiet and Burl is under-cooked. Assuming Hamilton is injury-free (and Taylor is injury-free) this would be my XI:

Hamilton
Kamunhukamwe
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Moor
Shingi
Jakiel
Jarvis
Chatara

Chari
Mpofu
Chisoro
Musakanda

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I would go with a Musakanda/Kamunhukamwe combo with Burl at 3 for the UAE games.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I know Chari has the runs and he might do well against the UAE, but he's not going to worry Dawlat & Mujeeb and I highly doubt he'll survive long enough to face Rashid, I said it in another thread Zimbabwe need to pick guys who Afghanistan don't want to face. I see TaspC wants to try some different guys for the UAE series, I get that but I feel this series is best used by getting ready for Afghanistan which IMO is a huge series for Zimbabwe if they want to stay relevant. The only reason Afghanistan has agreed to tour Zimbabwe again is because no one else would play them and they need matches before the CWC.

Hamilton is still opening for me but it's wide open for the 2nd spot

Zhuwao - He's in the incumbent I guess but he has no runs, I'd still be tempted to pick him if he has a good t20 tournament

Mire - Has more quality than Zhuwao and the same hitting power, not sure if they'll pick him though and not sure he's the best opener either

Musakanda - The guy the selectors and fans want but has averaged 22 for the Rhinos opening in the Pro50, he has all the talent and all the shots so he's the favourite still IMO

Kamunhukamwe - If the selectors want a young stroke maker I'd rather pick K-Long than Tari, he's a natural opener and has some form on his side

Chari - Got runs on his side but for me not threatening enough to worry his opponents

Burl - Has no runs and hasn't opened recently, zero chance to open at this point

Moor - Another slim chance as it looks like he's the designated hitter down at 7, has opened in the past though and I don't mind him there.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement