Who Is Ernest Masuku ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Who Is Ernest Masuku ??

Post by zimfan1 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:56 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:06 am

He has just scored 50 under pressure in the Pr50 final after coming in at 102/5, encouraging signs, can clearly bat. Please keep us updated on how he goes this season!
0/31 with the ball off three overs through :?
Yes saw he had his 50.

Bowling wise he has an economy of over 4 in FC too. It seems he goes for runs but picks up wickets too.

Without seeing him bowl I'm guessing he's either swinging the ball around but at a gentle pace so picks up wickets that way but gets hit a lot due to lack of pace.

Or

He has a bit of a yard but sprays it around and bowls short too? Goes for hooks and pulls and top edges over the slips but does snuck people off too.

I may reading too much into it.

He will be taking the new ball for us so we want him to lead our attack.

I'm sure he will be just fine at our level with a couple of adjustments on his length.

Standard is good though. Blessing played one div up last summer and got about 9 wickets at an average of 40!!
Genuine question, your club have signed him clearly without knowing too much about him. What were the reasons behind that decision?

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:53 pm
ljriley90 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:56 pm

0/31 with the ball off three overs through :?
Yes saw he had his 50.

Bowling wise he has an economy of over 4 in FC too. It seems he goes for runs but picks up wickets too.

Without seeing him bowl I'm guessing he's either swinging the ball around but at a gentle pace so picks up wickets that way but gets hit a lot due to lack of pace.

Or

He has a bit of a yard but sprays it around and bowls short too? Goes for hooks and pulls and top edges over the slips but does snuck people off too.

I may reading too much into it.

He will be taking the new ball for us so we want him to lead our attack.

I'm sure he will be just fine at our level with a couple of adjustments on his length.

Standard is good though. Blessing played one div up last summer and got about 9 wickets at an average of 40!!
Genuine question, your club have signed him clearly without knowing too much about him. What were the reasons behind that decision?
You serious?

We're in England. So we have stats to work with when deciding who we are sign if a guy is from Zim. To me his stats seem sound for a seam bowling all rounder.

I was just looking for a bit of background from someone who may have seen his bowling style?

He fit our budget and were happy with what we know about him thanks

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I am series, you don't know if he is a swing a pace bowler, I am surprised that you would sign a player without that information. I hope he does well but I do have concerns over his economy rate in one day cricket.

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:58 pm
I am series, you don't know if he is a swing a pace bowler, I am surprised that you would sign a player without that information. I hope he does well but I do have concerns over his economy rate in one day cricket.
[/qeuote]

I've had my own chats with Ernest and HE tells me how he bowls. I was looking for an independent low down on him.

If you've seen him bowl bat then please do give me your opinion if not don't.

Will keep the forum updated on his performances when he's here if people are keen.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I am also a swing bowler with good stats. Now sign me up. Will send my account details shortly. Can ask people later if I can play.
-Dog.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:42 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:58 pm
[/qeuote]

I've had my own chats with Ernest and HE tells me how he bowls. I was looking for an independent low down on him.

If you've seen him bowl bat then please do give me your opinion if not don't.

Will keep the forum updated on his performances when he's here if people are keen.
I remember having a similar conversation with a Nigerian Prince.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Hi Riley
Ernest Masuku is a Bulawayo boy and been in the club scene and an almost made it Tuskers try out year in and year out.
A change of board policy got him and other fringe players opportunity.
His bowling does cut in a bit and he varies it well. Batting is work in progress.
He is physically fit and has one of the best positive can do attitudes ive ever meet.
He is eager to learn and wont stop smiling so wear sunglasses as he has white white teeth.

He's a good choice.
What club will he be playing at and what level?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:37 am
What club will he be playing at and what level?
I'll answer this while LJ's away from the forum.
He'll be playing at Dukinfield CC, in the GMCL Premier League.
Solid club with a good set of lads, good facilities and a very good batting deck.
Usually pretty green but absolutely solid underneath and always carries well for the pace bowlers; spinners usually enjoy the big boundaries, too.
The standard is as high as he's going to get regionally, with our only closest competitor being the Liverpool comp, which has a lot of county pro's in.

The GMCL Prem, however, has a solid plethora of teams and equally good professionals. I play in this league and am as good a testimony as he'll get.
He'll find it tough but as I mentioned up top, Dukinfield are a good club, with a good social side and are well respected. LJ opens the batting....but always snicks off against us... :D ;)