Domestic t20 Tournament Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Domestic t20 Tournament Thread

Post by jaybro »

The domestic t20 tournament kicks off today, all the games are played on about 5-6 days so we might as well keep it all in the same thread

TapsC mentioned Mire was back and around so if he's playing for the Rhinos I'm backing them to take it out this year, the Rhinos are in deep need of some type of trophy and this might be their chance.

Eagles and Goats also have plenty of power hitting in their squads so they'll fancy their chances, the Tuskers are long odds IMO to win it, they don't seem to have the power hitters the other sides have.

1st two games are as follows

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8739 ... on-2018-19

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8739 ... on-2018-19

Looking at the previous meetings which appear on the cricinfo pages, the last Zimbabwe domestic t20 tournament between the 4 Franchises was in 2016 !!!! What a joke
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic t20 Tournament Thread

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 am
Looking at the previous meetings which appear on the cricinfo pages, the last Zimbabwe domestic t20 tournament between the 4 Franchises was in 2016 !!!! What a joke
Yesh, but I think in 2017 they had some joke of a tournament where the teams were Brandan Taylor XI vs Hamilton MAsakadza XI etc. T20s were completely missing in 2018.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:42 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 am
Yesh, but I think in 2017 they had some joke of a tournament where the teams were Brandan Taylor XI vs Hamilton MAsakadza XI etc. T20s were completely missing in 2018.
No IIRC the Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza & Prosper Utseya XI's were from 2014, last year Kenya and two Zim select XI sides played a tri series

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The eagles with Kamunhukamwe, Zhuwao and Elton have some big hitters. On paper I think the Rhinos have the most balanced team for this format but they are struggling to actually make it work

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

Hopefully Mire has a big game today. If he's in form, he could be vital for the T20 qualifiers later this year.

As a side note, it looks like PJ Moor's brother is debuting for the Rhinos.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Mire already in full flow this morning, 103* from 48. The Manicas' spinners, especially the Kaia brothers, are taking a hiding.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Chatara the standout bowler amidst the mayhem with 3-15, excellent figures.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mire in full flow. May have just reclaimed that opening spot with a good knock. Hope he continues the good form through out the week. No Hamilton for the mountaineers in this game. Perhaps Timycen will come through for them.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am
Chatara the standout bowler amidst the mayhem with 3-15, excellent figures.
Chatara has been terrible in the T20s good to see him putting up such figures.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The national team guys reminding us they’re a class above the rest, 100 for Mire and Chatara taking 3/15

No one was really talking about Mire but I guess now he’s back in the reckoning?