Domestic t20 Tournament Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic t20 Tournament Thread

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Ervine's form is hitting "Sibanda 2009-10" levels :D

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm
AJ has played about two games of club cricket in the last 4 years. Quite strange a decision when he leap frogs all the rest.
This is very sad. Shocking what magical doors a few dollars in your pockets can open.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Burl finally gets a score! Well done.

Interestingly Jakiel is part of the Eagles line up today but never bowled! Or could it be the usual Cricinfo inaccuracies that will get fixed later? Or did he get injured after taking the field but before bowling a ball? :?

EDIT: Hey, these Kamunhukamwe run outs are happening all too often. Is someone out to jeopardize his national selection?

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

Did not know Burl was capable of batting like that. I wish there was some commentary on Cricinfo so we could see how he was scoring his boundaries. He never seemed like a slog-to-midwicket kind of guy to me, but he's clearing the rope a fair bit.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Very pleased to see Milton shumba in the tuskers line up today

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

jward wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm
A couple of questions for John

What do you know about Anthony Moor?

Any idea why Williams & Mashinge haven't featured so far?

Why has Tari Musakanda moved to the Eagles?

Thanks in advance
Just that Anthony is the younger brother of PJ Moor; I don't know his history really.

Mashinge was out for a while due to illness, but both he and Williams played today.

I have been looking for Tari to see why he has changed provinces, but haven't found him yet. In the middle of a season, it's probably by mutual agreement between the provinces.
Yes, I found Tari today. He was very vague about why he had changed provinces, just for this tournament he said, mutual agreement between the provinces, didn't know whether he would play for Rhinos or Eagles in future.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Nanctus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am
Did not know Burl was capable of batting like that. I wish there was some commentary on Cricinfo so we could see how he was scoring his boundaries. He never seemed like a slog-to-midwicket kind of guy to me, but he's clearing the rope a fair bit.
He batted brilliantly. A lot of good straight hitting, but anything just outside leg stump he can hammer in orthodox fashion to midwicket or cow corner as well. He's a quiet guy and doesn't look commanding at the crease, but that's very deceptive; he can hit very hard, cleanly and well without slogging. A very impressive batsman, has genuine class.

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

jward wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm
Nanctus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am
He batted brilliantly. A lot of good straight hitting, but anything just outside leg stump he can hammer in orthodox fashion to midwicket or cow corner as well. He's a quiet guy and doesn't look commanding at the crease, but that's very deceptive; he can hit very hard, cleanly and well without slogging. A very impressive batsman, has genuine class.
Thanks! Wow those are great signs, sounds like a really talented player. I just hope ZC takes care of him.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Nanctus wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm
Thanks! Wow those are great signs, sounds like a really talented player. I just hope ZC takes care of him.
Sounds.... we really need people who can deliver on a more consistent basis. Even guys like Chari have put up good numbers in the past few games only to fail in the next.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Craig Ervine is going to score a 120 ball 200 against the UAE at this rate :lol: man on a mission. I am impressed.