#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/src-opposed-to-streaks-bid/

More from ZC's favourite journalist. I thought the SRC board was dissolved. Interesting considering Streak's lawyers sent the money he was owed back to ZC but its getting a bit tiring. What is the end game here? If the SRC and ICC arent interested then whats the point of all this?

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

i have to applaud this senator for bringing this issue uo. but i wonder how bvute and the doc will react to this since they are all part and parcel of this rot..

https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2018/1 ... -probe-zc/

Lillian Timveos, the MDC-Alliance Senator for the Midlands, on Wednesday initiated the debate in the Upper House and was seconded by party colleagues Gideon Shoko and Tichinani Mavetera.
The motion was adopted and debate on the matter continued until yesterday, although Sports Minister Kirsty Coventry was not present to respond to it.
“This debate is intended to create awareness and inform this August house and Honourable Senators of the true state of cricket in Zimbabwe and the urgent need for action to be taken,” Timveos addressed the senators on Wednesday.
“In order to understand the issues and problems that face Zimbabwe Cricket, it is crucial that one undisputable fact is brought to the forefront of this debate
. This fact is simply that Zimbabwe Cricket was a successful, vibrant, financially sound entity that brought pride and honour to Zimbabwe as a nation prior to 2004.
“This cannot be argued. Our national team played a full Test programme around the world and had twice gone past the group stages at the World Cup finals into the Super Six stages. Our young Zimbabwean men competed on the world stage and won series in Bangladesh, Pakistan and New Zealand. Brian Lara, the West Indies captain, told a press conference in 2003 that Zimbabwe could no longer be considered minnows in world cricket and that any team in the world that played Zimbabwe would face fierce competition.”
Timveos said the game had gone on a downward spiral post-2004 player and administration disturbances, and that structures have collapsed at all levels of the sport since then.
“The state of cricket in the country was sound and vibrant,” she said. “Our clubs were active and the game was thriving in schools and most importantly the national controlling body, the Zimbabwe Cricket Union, was in sound financial health. If we fast forward to 2018, the picture is completely different.
“To illustrate this, we must take a close look at the current state of cricket in Zimbabwe. Over a 14-year period, Zimbabwe Cricket went from financial security and a positive bank balance to debt of over US$20 million. Zimbabwe Cricket went from playing a full and active part in the Future Tours Programme of the ICC as a full member country, to hardly playing Test cricket and indeed suffering a self-imposed exile from Test cricket altogether. Even after its introduction, Zimbabwe has played a miniscule role in the world of Test cricket.

“Club cricket in Zimbabwe is a complete and utter mess. There is no doubt that the chairman and the board of Zimbabwe Cricket will disagree, however as of December 3, no league cricket has been played at all in Mutare or Masvingo and only a couple of games have been played in Harare and Bulawayo. In a country where cricket has, for decades, started its season in September, the current ZC administration has been unable to even start league cricket in three out of five main provinces. Zimbabwe Cricket has proudly advised the nation that it has resolved its financial crisis yet it cannot afford to pay for cricket balls to allow league cricket to take place. In Bulawayo, it provides one cricket ball for two teams to play with, and it cannot afford to repair rotting facilities or pay groundsmen owed money from 2015.”
Timveos also touched on the ballooning debt placed under the Zimbabwe Asset Management Company (Zamco), questioning how the agreement with the special purpose vehicle was being handled.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Mehluli Sibanda (the Herald reporter) has come out swinging against the Senator.

Googly

Post by Googly »

In fact the senator is claiming that Mukhulani has hired Sibanda to hound her. The ever vocal Mliswa is siding with the Senator. It appears that the motion to investigate has been proposed in parliament, but I’m not sure the outcome. Investigations under the new dispensation have so far unearthed diddly and have basically just rubber stamped some serious bad stuff. Will this be any different? :lol:

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2019/0 ... ut-at-icc/
BANNED former Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) director Enock Ikope has described the decision to expel him from the sport for 10 years as a travesty of justice, saying the investigation of the International Cricket Council (ICC) was prejudiced and the verdict pre-determined.

By Enock Muchinjo

The ICC had initially intended to investigate Ikope over his suspected links to a match-fixing approach made to former Zimbabwe captain Graeme Cremer in October 2017, but ended up charging the former ZC board member for failure to cooperate with investigations after he refused to immediately hand over his mobile phone to the Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) of the international governing body.

Ikope claims the ICC investigation team had ambushed him while he was on study leave at a university in Masvingo, where the ACU met him to “talk about Rajan Nayer”, his colleague who was being probed for making a $30 000 offer to Cremer to throw games during the West Indies’ tour of Zimbabwe in 2017.

Rajan, a former ZC director who was in charge of marketing at the Harare Metropolitan Cricket Association (HMCA) chaired by Ikope, has since been slapped with a 20-year ban by the ICC.

While Nayer pleaded guilty to his charge, Ikope has vehemently denied his involvement in any fixing attempt, vowing to fight the ban.

“This is a clear travesty of justice,” Ikope told IndependentSport. “I was not anywhere near what they were investigating. I’m shocked that an organisation like ICC with its anti-corruption general manager (Alex Marshall) who is a former senior British police officer and former CEO of the College of Policing, can use perception to investigate people. Even if you read the ruling, it never raise the first-line charge, only the second-line charge, which is my refusal to be subjected to Gestapo-style investigation.”

Ikope said he had refused to surrender his phone in the absence of his lawyer, and also to protect his privacy.

He later on handed over the phone, but not before he had deleted some “private” contents on it, some which he claimed belonged to Zimbabwe’s Central Intelligence Organisation (CIO).

“It was my legal right to discuss with my legal counsel. They (ACU) denied me the chance to even call anyone because they had confiscated my phone, which I had to forcibly repossess. The attitude of Alex Marshall was of a desperate new GM who had promised to deliver, so he had to deliver, by hook or crook. Quite frankly, I’m not remorseful at all because I did nothing wrong. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

“I did not refuse to cooperate, that’s why I allowed them to come to Masvingo to meet me. I accorded them time until the tables turned on me. When they mentioned that I was under investigation that’s when they took my phone. I then reminded them that the email sent to me by them prior had requested a meeting to talk about Rajan. So when I became the subject matter, I refused to go ahead with the meeting in the absence of my lawyer, and I repossessed my phone. I considered that to be legal rights violation. I will not apologise for what I did; everything I did was above board. I found the attitude of the ACU to be condescending. It’s funny that the real masterminds of match-fixing are roaming the streets freely. Their phones are not taken. Is there justice at the ICC? When they saw me they saw Kunta Kinte, a slave and a person with no rights.”

Ikope said he had told the ACU that under Zimbabwean law, no one had a right to seize people’s private property.

The ICC had not responded to questions sent to them on Tuesday requesting for a reaction to Ikope’s allegations of unfair hearing, but this newspaper has the full ICC report of how investigations were conducted, and the ruling.

In reaching the verdict, the ICC said it was unequivocal that Ikope had transgressed and that no violations had been made in investigation.

“An international sports federation has to fight the insidious threat of match-fixing without the coercive powers of the state to assist it in investigating and uncovering corrupt conduct,” reads the ruling.

“That justifies imposing a positive obligation on participants to co-operate with investigations by the federation into possible wrongdoing, including an obligation to turn over a phone immediately upon demand, so that the investigators can examine for any potential evidence. None of the participants’ rights, whether a constitutional right to privacy or otherwise, are breached thereby.”

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

I would allege that these two are puppets to the real mastermind.
It's not difficult to see who they are...they ar the ones that survive and get promoted as they fix things with other nations who in retunr will only travel to zim if said mastermind is involved.
Will anything change!
Nope.
maybe this August there will be different faces and Vumi Moyo will be new chairman but the script will be the same.
Enjoy the "quality" cricket in Zim whilst you can. I doubt they"ll make theT20 world cup.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am
I would allege that these two are puppets to the real mastermind.
It's not difficult to see who they are...they ar the ones that survive and get promoted as they fix things with other nations who in retunr will only travel to zim if said mastermind is involved.
Will anything change!
Nope.
maybe this August there will be different faces and Vumi Moyo will be new chairman but the script will be the same.
Enjoy the "quality" cricket in Zim whilst you can. I doubt they"ll make theT20 world cup.
What happened to this huge revolution you were spruiking 10 months ago?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Lost momentum, lost political backing . Players never created a union- they happy to get a free set of gloves and a box to take home to daddy and show they've made it!
So sit back get comfortable, brush up on your mandarin and wait for the next rounds of African colonization and perhaps things will change. :roll:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:14 pm

As said before, words but no action.

What has Coventry done since coming in? Nothing but write positive quotes on twitter and wishing things will change.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Oh there was a lot of action and movement, ducking and diving but turned out to be shadow boxing only, punching against bribe after bribe.
Gave it a good shot but ...it is what it is and it will only get worse.