[Match Thread] UAE vs Zimbabwe A at Old Hararians

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

[Match Thread] UAE vs Zimbabwe A at Old Hararians

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Let us see if we get any updates. And would be interesting to see who makes Zim A XI...

CrimsonAvenger

Re: [Match Thread] UAE vs Zimbabwe A at Old Hararians

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The Chairman's XI squad to take on UAE today:

Brian Chari (c), Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Roy Kaia, Dion Myers, Ryan Burl, Tony Munyonga, Richmond Mutumbami, Luke Oldknow, Neville Madziva, Richard Ngarava, Carl Mumba, Ainsley Ndlovu, Wesley Madhevere

Love this set. Especially Myers, MAdhevere, Munyonga and Oldknow.

Don't think there will be live updates, but here's the match page at Cricinfo: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1918 ... babwe-2019

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Interesting that Chari, Ndlovu and Munyonga are also in the ODI squad?? I guess Ndlovu & Munyonga aren't likely to feature too much in the ODI series, but you would have thought Chari is a lock to open with Mire??

Would have liked to see Milton Shumba in this side, but happy to see the likes of Myers, Madhevere & Oldknow in

My mate Madziva is also a shock call-up after missing the 27 man train on squad

Kunje has also fallen out of favour after making the train on squad he misses this match
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

The game has started and looks like detailed ball by ball updates from ESPNcricinfo

12 a side game here

Kamunhukamwe
Chari
Burl
Kaia
Madhevere
Oldknow
Mutumbami wk
Munyonga
Myers
Madziva
Mumba
Ngarava
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

According to Cricinfo, Forster Mutizwa is the reserve umpire!!! :o :o :o
jaybro wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:39 am
The game has started and looks like detailed ball by ball updates from ESPNcricinfo
Looks like we have to thank Freeman Chigovera for this again.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wow this myers Kid can really play. Only 17 too. One for the future if ZC have a discernible youth policy

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

3 run outs is unacceptable. I'm going to put it down to youth, but truly unacceptable. Also, hope Oldknow gets a bat. Lad just came off a double century in Sri Lanka.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well played Myers!! Always rated this lad, he’s got the sweetest shot off his pads through or over midwicket.
We’ve got Murray wanting to play and being overlooked.
How does that work???
It’s very strange that Shumba is not there. He’s ZC’s first choice ahead of any of the other youngsters. I’ve heard he’s off to play a season of club cricket in the UK which is very strange when u19wc is around the corner. It means there’s not much lined up in the way of games for these boys during our winter.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I haven’t seen Oldknow so not disrespecting the boy, but he should not be there ahead of Murray. What a poor message being sent. He’s been at school in the UK for cricket, but didn’t bat up front in his first season, yet has done fairly well in a couple of trials games he’s had here.
I’ve just spoken to someone that has seen him play, apparently has a very good eye, but technically needs a bit of work and doesn’t like the short ball, not that anyone is too fond of it :lol: , but is pretty decent.
BUT this lad before Murray is not fair.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I just hate it when you see talented guys being overlooked. It’s my constant beef. Another guy is Jongwe, whatever issues he’s had he’s got real ability, and you just can’t buy that. The other sharp left arm seamer that fell through the cracks is Jaure. When he was bending his back he was a handful.