[MATCH THREAD] Zim A v USA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Zim A v USA

Post by jaybro »

JaydenDane1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 pm
USA 320 all out

Zim A 230 all out

Richard Mutumbani 79
Tony Munyonga 49
Dane Schadendorf 29
That’s a flogging

The US look destined for ODI status
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

No I haven’t seen Streak Jr. I’m not sure how old he even is, but assuming around 14? I’m also assuming he’s at school in Bulawayo so I wouldn’t really get a chance unless he was playing up in Harare.
All USA would have to do is offer a fast track citizenship and they would have most of Pakistan, half of India, half of South Africa, most of West Indies and half of Zimbabwe to choose from :lol:
I’m not seeing many Jim Bob Johnson’s or José Guadalupe’s in that line up so I’m assuming most of those guys learnt their cricket elsewhere.
The Indians and Pakistanis certainly have colonized the globe, I think if Iceland fielded a side the stadium would be full of of them cheering their team on- unless of course they were playing India or Pakistan, then they’d be cheering for the country they’d just left. :lol:
It’s a pity that’s a one off game, surely we need them to play at least 5 games here, finally a team that arrives of its own volition and we can’t persuade them to spend a month here??
I see young Shardendorf, I think he’s still 15, got amongst the runs. He’s a fine young player. Him and Myers should be permanent franchise players and be in a Zim A side immediately. Against all odds we’ve got another two lads that can hold their own against the men which proves they’ve got what it takes to play at the highest level, watch them run away after the U19 WC because they get two franchise games next year because ZC sticks with their old players. They should be signing a liveable contract straight after the WC.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why would USA come here for one game? They must be going to SA, I wonder who they will play there?

Googly

Post by Googly »

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

USA really should buy into cricket , one day they could be a handy nation
There is over 25mmillion cricketers and fans in the USA, they could easily out play us eventually.

Harry is a talented sportsman and second year at Falcon.

USA probably on to SA to play some of the nations/sides staging there before world cup then i believe they play Namibia.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:43 pm
That’s a flogging

The US look destined for ODI status
::insert pointed comment about what happens when you dump a shite / corrupt Board (USACA) for one that seems to actually know what they're doing and be in it for the game (USA Cricket)::

Googly

Post by Googly »

There are 1500 rugby union clubs in USA. They’re a sleeping giant reluctant to play colonial sports or they might have to compete with other nations😂
They love World Series baseball where they don’t play the rest of the world. They occasionally play Cuba and get royally fucked up.
Whatever made them play a bastardized version of rugby and cricket is beyond me. Basically reinventing the game to show England they have no attachment. :lol:

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

They love World Series baseball where they don’t play the rest of the world. They occasionally play Cuba and get royally fucked up.
Whatever made them play a bastardized version of rugby and cricket is beyond me. Basically reinventing the game to show England they have no attachment. :lol:
They are worse than ZANUPF! :lol: :lol: