Windies openers smash record ODI opening stand of 365

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Windies openers smash record ODI opening stand of 365

Post by Kriterion_BD »

WI were 365-0 after 47.2 overs vs Ireland today. They didn't lose any wickets till the very end of the innings finishing on a mammoth 381-3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

kngow

Re: Windies openers smash record ODI opening stand of 365

Post by kngow »

:shock: that's actually crazy. I think we could pose a good challenge to Ireland in our upcoming tour. Hopefully we can snag the ODI series 2-1 and then walkover in the T20Is. Some new faces, Mark Adair, Joshua Little etc. We need to beat them big. It should be possible with an XI like: Masakadza, Moor, BT, Burl, Ervine, Williams, Raza, Maruma, Jarvis, Cremer/Mavuta, Chatara. Reserves: Chakabva (did well against UAE), Mire (smashes bad bowlers), Tiripano and Madziva (all round talents), Murray, Madhevere/Roche(we need the young talents to get some good away experience).

Of course, if we are to beat Ireland, we need to smash past Netherlands.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Ireland are in rough form

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:00 am
Ireland are in rough form
Ireland gave England plenty to worry about in their ODI last week. "Hot and cold" would be the more apt description.

The side that gave us the heroics of their last few WC appearances has mostly retired (or is on the verge of retiring) now, and replacement talent is taking longer to make itself known than CI would like, especially now that they have Full Member / Test status and need to keep showing that they deserved it. Not losing players to England, and having a domestic first-class competitions now, will both help, but not instantly.

All that said, given we're happy to show endless patience for Zimbabwe to get their act together again (how many years now..?), we can cut them some slack. But the Ireland v Zimbabwe ODI series will be an interesting pointer to where both teams currently stand versus where they think they should be.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

For sure, have patience for them but they have been playing to a lower standard quite regularly lately. Even amongst their peers they have been less consistent. I think it will turn around but hopefully not till we've beaten them in a few weeks

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:46 pm
hopefully not till we've beaten them in a few weeks
I'll be at the first Belfast match, anyway. Probably bring both my Irish and Zim shirts and swap 'em between innings. :D

Unfortunately, the scheduling gods decided to set most of the games for while I'm away in England. Bastards.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Win-win :D