Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Post by Donald »

I mean cmon zimbanwe cricket there is just iverva week until the first international with Holland and no word on the squad. Still I will leave this here. They could do worse than pick oldknow who is scoring double hundreds in Sri Lanka

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Post by jaybro »

It’s a joke isn’t it

ZC twitter page hasn’t posted anything about the squad, training camp or tour
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Remember that time when they were responding to tweets and interacting with fans and being all sociable and everyone got excited because they thought things had changed....

You would honestly get more info off the players own accounts and random cricket journos like Brickhill and Holme than you would off of ZC.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Same players as normal from what I understand. Hamilton is back with Ryan Burl missing out. BT back.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

The players have not been told as far as I know.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Dutch Embassy in Zim tweeted this yesterday along with a photo of some of the guys. Sorry I'm not too sure how to upload photos so here is the link: https://twitter.com/nlinzimbabwe?lang=en

Hey @KNCBcricket, @ZimCricketv were at the Embassy today & are en route for battle 🏏. Look forward to some great games from 19-25 June. Fingers crossed🤞🏽#Netherlands reverse the score of the 1st ever #ZimvNL clash in 1986 when Zim won at Lord's in the ICC trophy final.🇳🇱🏆🇿🇼

Honestly still cant understand Hammy as our captain and Burl being left out if true. This is a perfect opportunity to get some youngsters in to the side.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Well if they’re already in Holland than the squad must have been picked, no announcement yet though, so frustrating !!!!

If they weren’t going to blood new guys against the UAE they’re not going to do it now, these two series are both very winnable but are also series they could lose.

Another thing to remember is that it’s half way through the year and Zimbabwe has played 4 ODI’s against the UAE, it’s hard to tell guys like BT, Hami, KJ etc to sit out and let the youngsters have a go when there’s such precious little cricket to be played.

In a perfect world they’d have played a lot more against the Big sides and then used series against associates to blood players.

iancurtis28

Post by iancurtis28 »

Does anyone know who the players might be in the squad?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 am
Well if they’re already in Holland than the squad must have been picked, no announcement yet though, so frustrating !!!!

If they weren’t going to blood new guys against the UAE they’re not going to do it now, these two series are both very winnable but are also series they could lose.

Another thing to remember is that it’s half way through the year and Zimbabwe has played 4 ODI’s against the UAE, it’s hard to tell guys like BT, Hami, KJ etc to sit out and let the youngsters have a go when there’s such precious little cricket to be played.

In a perfect world they’d have played a lot more against the Big sides and then used series against associates to blood players.
Not yet in Holland. That tweet is in Harare from the Dutch embassy in Harare.

I also would not drop BT and KJ. I would also take Hami along, but I would not use him as captain or a certain opener. He goes to help blood the next top order players and also serve as a back up in case needed.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Oh I see I read that the other way lol

As I said In a perfect world the tour of India would have went ahead as planned where they would have obviously gone full strength.

The next series against UAE would have been a chance to try two or three different guys per match to make sure they still had a strong squad to ensure victory whilst also blooding guys.

Then the series against Afghanistan would have been another series where they went full strength.

By this point looking towards the European tours some of the new guys they fired out would have ideally shown enough to warrant a spot on the tour.