Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Post by jimmylesaint »

Tari is a great prospect but needs to be managed and coached to perfect his game. Mr Tari is a great supporter of the right way to do things and is in the mix with the harare boards and probably said more than he should and the likes of Muks and Maks punish his son for it as that is the depth of them.
Regards the team probably lots of twittering on Monday as the ZC board meets in Vic Falls this weekend to pick themselves again......yes it is that time again of elections.
The good news in Matabeleland is that Vumi Moyo was disqualified to be on the Board and slunk off in embarrassment with dreadlocks between his legs.
Small victories.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

16 Man squad announced this afternoon. Ryan Burl does make it in the end, selectors told him on Saturday that he was not needed then rang his yesterday to say that they have changed their mind :lol: :lol:

1) Hamilton Masakadza (Capt)
2) PJ Moor (VC)
3) Brendan Taylor
4) Craig Ervine
5) Sean Williams
6) Solomon Mire
7) Sikandar Raza
8) Ryan Burl
9) Richmond Mutumbambi
10) Elton Chigumbura
11) Tinashe Kamhukamwe
12) Chris Mpofu
13) Tendai Chatara
14) Donald Tiripano
15) Kyle Jarvis
16) Ainsley Ndlovu

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So Regis Chakabva gets man of the series and is then dropped for the next series and is replaced by Mutumbami.

Chigumbura continues. Need to coin new words to describe how some of us might be feeling.

Rest of the squad looks good.
Last edited by CrimsonAvenger on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d like to see that ZC bill from the Falls. I’d also like to be in charge of the bungee jumping for a couple of days, and they’d be doing it at gunpoint. :lol:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

There is a great story about the selection of Ryan Burl which I am afraid I am unable to share. Lets just say he is in the squad in name only.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I know ZCB not a very efficient organisation but the way you guys find problems with everything they do is also not acceptable.

I think overall this is a good squad. Probably they had a clear criteria that attending the training camp is mandatory for selection and hence Chakabva is not selected. Overall a good squad, all the key players are available and selected, I think they should win all the games.

kudet

Post by kudet »

I really wonder what messages it send to the youngsters like tari, mumba and murray when they are left out like this. I wonder what the selectors still see in Elton that we dont since he nolonger bowls, hardly gets to 20 and Richie, the lesser said the better.

Is it a case of it being Jobs for the boys or Playback time since Waller enjoyed the same priviledge under streaky and cremer. This is so heartbreaking

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am
Does anyone know how Tari is doing over there? I really find that bizarre that he’s not in the mix. There’s more to that story. Guys who go there and don’t at least play prem club I think are wasting their time. I also heard that Milton Shumba is over in the UK yet the U19’s seem to practice and play fairly regularly. I do think that playing some English club cricket is a good thing to do at least once, but these days I don’t think you can unless you’ve played representative cricket. This means really good players are going to play a lower standard. The only reason to do that is just to keep your eye in during the off season and to go walkabout.
We really need A tours, our cricket is being sabotaged. Everyone always talks about Burl but he’s played so little cricket over the last few seasons he must surely by now be a lesser player than he was.
He scored a ton on debut for his club and a five for a I believe then went quiet for 5 weeks and got a ton again on the weekend !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

This squad is boring and safe , we are playing the freaking dutch for god sakes !! Where is murray , mumba , musakanda ?Why was Regis dropped after a Man of the series performance ? All this doesn’t make sense and I’m starting to get over seeing Elton’s name there !why is he there ? What does he possibly bring to the squad? Fuck me dead
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:22 pm
I know ZCB not a very efficient organisation but the way you guys find problems with everything they do is also not acceptable.

I think overall this is a good squad. Probably they had a clear criteria that attending the training camp is mandatory for selection and hence Chakabva is not selected. Overall a good squad, all the key players are available and selected, I think they should win all the games.
Give me one good reason why Chigumbura or Mutumbami should be in the squad
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement