Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:22 pm
I know ZCB not a very efficient organisation but the way you guys find problems with everything they do is also not acceptable.

I think overall this is a good squad. Probably they had a clear criteria that attending the training camp is mandatory for selection and hence Chakabva is not selected. Overall a good squad, all the key players are available and selected, I think they should win all the games.
Give me one good reason why Chigumbura or Mutumbami should be in the squad
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

As Bliggz pointed out the squad is boring and safe and reeks of 'favours for old friends' the squad needs some new blood, good to see Kamunhukamwe, Burl & Ndlovu there but surely Murray and Mumba for Mutumbami & Chigumbura would have been better??

I feel for Maruma and Regis who have been left out, two ways of looking at it firstly that they should have turned up for the training camp like they were asked, but still if it were some other higher profile guys we'd be up in arms.

I guess the only saving grace is both were probably lucky to be in the UAE series and IMO aren't guys who will take Zimbabwe forward.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... abwe-squad

Shows how much espncricinfo take notice of Zimbabwe cricket mentioning that allrounder Chigumbura will help bolster the attack lol

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... bwe-series

Netherlands squad: Pieter Seelaar (capt), Wesley Barresi, Ben Cooper, Bas de Leede, Scott Edwards (wk), Brandon Glover, Vivian Kingma, Fred Klaassen, Max O'Dowd, Roelof van der Merwe, Paul van Meekeren, Tobias Visee, Saqib Zulfiqar

Dutch side missing big stars such as Myburgh, RTD, Snater & Tim ven der Guten

Zimbabwe really should win all 5 games easily

jward

Post by jward »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm
I’d like to see that ZC bill from the Falls. I’d also like to be in charge of the bungee jumping for a couple of days, and they’d be doing it at gunpoint. :lol:
Nice offer - I presume no strings attached? :)

jward

Post by jward »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:45 pm
As Bliggz pointed out the squad is boring and safe and reeks of 'favours for old friends' the squad needs some new blood, good to see Kamunhukamwe, Burl & Ndlovu there but surely Murray and Mumba for Mutumbami & Chigumbura would have been better??

I feel for Maruma and Regis who have been left out, two ways of looking at it firstly that they should have turned up for the training camp like they were asked, but still if it were some other higher profile guys we'd be up in arms.

I guess the only saving grace is both were probably lucky to be in the UAE series and IMO aren't guys who will take Zimbabwe forward.
According to the ZC press release, Regi, along with Timmy Maruma and Brian Chari, could not be considered because they have contracts with English teams that prevent them from touring.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jward wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 pm

According to the ZC press release, Regi, along with Timmy Maruma and Brian Chari, could not be considered because they have contracts with English teams that prevent them from touring.
Well that's a different story, although it's quite sad these players are opting for club over country

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
I know ZCB not a very efficient organisation but the way you guys find problems with everything they do is also not acceptable.

I think overall this is a good squad. Probably they had a clear criteria that attending the training camp is mandatory for selection and hence Chakabva is not selected. Overall a good squad, all the key players are available and selected, I think they should win all the games.
Why should we not hold those in charge accountable? This is why Zim has gone the way it has. No one holds anyone accountable and the thugs just get away with it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nice John. :lol:

I’m sure Murray would have been available for this. He’s another that’s going to rapidly lose interest if he’s no longer under consideration and there are no A tours. I see the SRC has just been reconstituted with Mlotshwa as their chairman. He’s ED’s son in law and I think may have represented the Player’s Union at some point?
Let’s see which way he’s going to jump. He’s got some serious influence and he’s sharp, I mention this because he should be up at the Falls seeing which of the Board members has a legitimate O level and could recognize a cricket bat. If you got someone to draw a hybrid burrowing cricket cross a fruit bat and there was multiple choice I would guarantee there would be some wrong answers.
Kirsty Coventry will continue with her IOC bid and drive her fancy new Gov issue Mercedes and do jack shit. A swimmer out of her depth.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:38 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

Give me one good reason why Chigumbura or Mutumbami should be in the squad
They may not get a game but I think since Mavuta has lost form they wanted to give mutambami another chance. Chigumbura shouldn't get a game I think.