[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by Kriterion_BD »

India v Pakistan. So many conflicting feelings for the BD fans, lol.

If India wins, their obnoxious fans will just get fanned further. The internet might explode. On the other hand, if Pakistan wins, their fans will continue to chest thump and start trolling on BD forums. Its a pity they both can't lose.

For BD's tournament hopes, its pretty straightforward. You have to hope that India wins, thereby keeping 2 points from Pakistan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Pakistan are likely to win this game then proceed to lose the remainder of their matches
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well it is a big game, no doubting that but as rightly said, if India win this we might see a lot of dead rubbers in the later stages of the tournament.

Kriterion, I think it is better For Bangladesh if Pakistan wins because that opens up the table. Got to understand that for the top 4 (Aus, ENG, Ind, NZL) to come down, they've got to be beaten, otherwise they will simply remain at the top and qualify.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is as big as they make it out to be? Like I understand the rivalry between these countries and these teams, but overall, I don't think its the 'greatest rivalry' out there.
Andybligzz wrote:Also would cost a lot of money , great idea but money rules over everything as the world knows . Love the thoughts on this though , I agree it would be awesome .
Well the grounds would already have been catered for and paid for. It would just require the teams to make their way. In this instance, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands are all quite close so would have no issue getting to England. It's purely Zim and UAE who would have the longer trek. In this instance, seeing as Zim are already heading that way, it would just mean leaving earlier.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am
Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is as big as they make it out to be? Like I understand the rivalry between these countries and these teams, but overall, I don't think its the 'greatest rivalry' out there.
Kriterion wrote:Its a pity they both can't lose.
I was hoping for another washout.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am

Well the grounds would already have been catered for and paid for. It would just require the teams to make their way. In this instance, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands are all quite close so would have no issue getting to England. It's purely Zim and UAE who would have the longer trek. In this instance, seeing as Zim are already heading that way, it would just mean leaving earlier.
No one takes warmups that seriously anyways. West Indies absolutely thrashed NZ in the warmup match, and NZ are now topping the table. I think teams only go at 50% in a warm up to avoid injuries. Its more of the equivalent to a pre warmup stretch.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Another fizzer

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh that was a shit game , Went to bed when India got
To 300 . God knows why Pakistan picked two spinners ,such a bad call . Special credit to Amir though he has been the best bowler at this World Cup by a country mile.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

India are doing it easy at the moment, haven’t really been tested yet despite already playing the majority of their supposed ‘harder matches’

Going into the tournament everyone was talking about England Australia & even to a lessor extent the Windies, but India are showing they’re still No.1

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 am

Going into the tournament everyone was talking about England Australia & even to a lessor extent the Windies, but India are showing they’re still No.1
No one who seriously understands cricket would have been talking about the West Indies going into the tournament. They have always been a bunch of T20 mercenaries. Gayle is past his prime and it will take time for Hope and Hetmyer to lead the side.