[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: T20I 1

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: T20I 1

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/190 ... nd-nl-2019

We've lost the only T20I we have played against Ireland. So, let's not get our hopes up.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: T20I 1

Post by jaybro »

Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Moor
Raza
Mire
Jarvis
Mpofu
Chatara
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m nervous about the outcome of this as well. If Ervine is in that side he should definitely open. That Gill lad in the IPl floundered down the order and did well up front. Any really good bat who’s not a power hitter needs to open, in my view.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This would have been a good opportunity to play Masakanda, he can’t be more than a train ride away either. Or Evans, he’s in Cardiff and looking for a game, knows how to bowl on these decks and can bat a bit.
Or Shardendorf, he’s up in Notts or Northants somewhere, he can bat and bowl.

Googly

Post by Googly »

These selectors may well have been hamstrung by meddling board chairmen, past and present, but then they should have had the bottle to resign- hopefully that decision will be taken away from them :lol: :lol: The tears and “they made me do it!” will hopefully fall on deaf ears.

Googly

Post by Googly »

T20 on a club type English pitch is a different game. If these Irish have any sense they will prepare a nibbling pitch that doesn’t come on. You’ll see most of our batters swishing away at angry tsetse flies.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 am
I’m nervous about the outcome of this as well. If Ervine is in that side he should definitely open. That Gill lad in the IPl floundered down the order and did well up front. Any really good bat who’s not a power hitter needs to open, in my view.
Have to disagree. You need the power hitters up the top to set the platform and if they kick on - you’ve
How much yourself the chance to get the highest possible score. You can.
Powerplays need to be factored in and all the top teams donit
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Evans, like Muyeye, has run into difficulties with Home Office and cricket. He’s a very good cricketer, as a bowling all rounder he’s better than The Don. Fact. He’s better than Jongwe, another fact. He never gets to bat and he’s got real ability.
Muyeye at only 18 is an extraordinary T20 player. I’d love to see him get a game, he can really set it alight. It’s time to take a serious look at him and Evans. You give these lads a living wage and a pathway and I think they’ll be swimming the Channel back to Zim. There’s a number of franchise guys that have clogged up the system for years (I’ve got a toilet like that) and they need to be put to pasture. The Rhodesian Board of governors also needs to look at other stuff for youngsters to do- obvious stuff like coaching (not level 2 because my banana tree has got a level 2), but they should make any youngsters in the franchise system do an online degree or trade. It costs very little and prepares them for old age and cricketing disappointment. Failed cricketers are worse than angry homeless people.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you put Ervine down the order and he bats at a strike rate of less than 120% he’ll be up on another treason charge.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:43 am
Hamilton
BT
Ervine
Williams
Burl
Moor
Raza
Mire
Jarvis
Mpofu
Chatara
Good side but would drop Hami. He should really be low on confidence perhaps he should just carry the drinks for the team for now.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'