[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by zimbos_05 »

Excitement and drama for sure, but who the heck decides a world cup on boundaries. Absolute bullcrap. Have to feel for NZ. The Boult six catch, the ball bouncing off Stokes bat. It is absolutely cruel to lose the way they did.

There has to be a better way than boundaries.

Also, love seeing all the salty India fans on social media having a go at Guptill. Such entitled pricks saying this is karma for him. The worst.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

NZ and England have both been awesome. Well done to both.

My wife says England finished third to NZ's fourth. That would be a better basis to split them than the stupid boundaries.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Boundaries is a ludicrous way to decide a tie in the Final. If anything England should have won due to the fact they finished higher in the points table. A wonderful final which concludes a wonderful tournament. I am a big fan of this format and hope it stays. Both the CWC Qualifying tournament and the CWC itself provided a lot of excitement. England also a great host in terms of packing the venues, no empty behemoth stadiums like you get in the subcontinent.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

The fans are good

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

How can number of boundaries decide a WC winner is beyond me! That over throw hitting Stokes bat was quite pathetic as well.

NZL deserved to win this, pretty much robbed.

Anyways good this for English cricket, they played some good cricket over the last 4 years and even in this WC they pretty much won 4 must win games in a row to win the trophy, so we'll done in the end.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Best game of cricket I have ever seen but the end result is wrong in so many ways ! No game should
Be decided on boundaries , what the actual fuck ? This needs a long hard review And the rules need to be changed as that’s a complete mess up for the great game. Congrats to England on their maiden World Cup but to me New Zealand are the winners and anyone who follows cricket knows that deep down ! Embarrassing
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Honestly England are deserved champions, and I am saying this as a New Zealander. England beat New Zealand, India, and Australia on their way to the final.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t agree Eugene. It’s a tournament, it’s who plays best on the day. Why even have a tournament if they don’t stick to that, just give the cup to the number one ranked side. It’s the same in soccer- you see the winning sides have hiccups along the way but it’s who wins the final that matters.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

England and NZ are both deserving Joint Champions.

They tied a tie breaker for goodness sake.

Cricket's awesome moment of drama has been soiled by a stupid count back playing condition. Number of boundaries never has any meaning in cricket. It is runs that count. Yet we have it here to decide the world champion. Disgraceful.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The deciding factor in the even of a tie should have been how many players in the side are actually of that nationality.