[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 am

You can argue the rule is wrong but you can't argue that to the letter of the law, that is the rule they got the call wrong!!! End of story move on
I'm just saying had it been awarded as 5 runs, that would in a sense be unfair to England, because the arm release thing is never factored in on other instances of overthrows. I've never heard the commentators mention it, or the 3rd umpire look at replays of the throw, in determining how many runs are credited during an overthrow. Nor should they, IMO. Were it 5 runs awarded to Bangladesh in this situation, I'd have screamed that its an ICC conspiracy ( :D ).

The incorrect ruling may have been made on field, but it resulted in the mathematically sound conclusion in the end.

The real issue should be deciding a game on boundaries. That is ridiculous, and had Bangladesh lost on a boundary count, I'd call it bullshit. You might as well use a coin toss to determine the winner.

Best situation would have been to keep having super overs until one side finally wins. Its an 8 hour game, whats another 15 minutes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:21 am

I'm just saying had it been awarded as 5 runs, that would in a sense be unfair to England, because the arm release thing is never factored in on other instances of overthrows. I've never heard the commentators mention it, or the 3rd umpire look at replays of the throw, in determining how many runs are credited during an overthrow. Nor should they, IMO. Were it 5 runs awarded to Bangladesh in this situation, I'd have screamed that its an ICC conspiracy ( :D ).

No it would not have been unfair because the correct rule would have been applied.

The arm release is always a factor, it's just never been scrutinised because it's never occurred in such a situation. Usually overthrows happen well after batsmen are in their crease or in a middle point of the game.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

I would like to reply to this post but I am not allowed to because I have not posted 10 posts - so this is another