ICC Bans Zimbabwe Cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

ICC Bans Zimbabwe Cricket

Post by Stoneman Returns »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/108 ... ate-effect

Following a board and full council meeting in London, ICC has suspended Zimbabwe Cricket with immediate effect. In an official release, the apex body stated that 'the ICC Board unanimously decided that Zimbabwe Cricket, an ICC Full Member, is in breach of Article 2.4 (c) and (d) of the ICC Constitution which imposes an obligation on Members to provide a process for free and democratic elections and to ensure that there is no government interference in its governance and / or administration for cricket respectively."
"We do not take the decision to suspend a Member lightly, but we must keep our sport free from political interference. What has happened in Zimbabwe is a serious breach of the ICC Constitution and we cannot allow it to continue unchecked," ICC chairman Shashank Manohar said.
The ICC also confirmed that all ICC funding to ZC will be frozen and representative teams from Zimbabwe will not participate in any ICC events.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: ICC Bans Zimbabwe Cricket

Post by Black Mamba »

Politics interfered in

1) Forced Selection Of Cephas Zhuwao

2) Firing of Taibu

3) Firing of Streak & Mangongo and whole team management of national team & Under 19s

4) Selection of interim selectors

4)Selection of players based on friendship

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Sad but hardly surprising, hopefully the thieving bastards at ZC will finally realise, if they don't lay off, that their golden goose has been cooked, eaten and disposed of through bodily functions never to return, trouble is that corruption is so deep and they are so thick they'll just think the ICC will forgive them in a couple of weeks and start sending the cash again

Bele

Post by Bele »

As I said 2 weeks ago there is a good chance now that Zim cricket just fades away,there is going to be a massive internal fight and the players will all pack it in.Then the icc can stop sending them money and the problem and embarrassment disappears!!!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Bele wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:35 pm
As I said 2 weeks ago there is a good chance now that Zim cricket just fades away,there is going to be a massive internal fight and the players will all pack it in.Then the icc can stop sending them money and the problem and embarrassment disappears!!!
Welcome to the forum.

Yes I think this is the most likely scenario too. The players will just drift away from the game, and the administrators will be fighting over the scraps (of which there will be none because the ICC have stopped sending money).

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Not sure if anyone has benefited from this chaos.

Not ZC
Not SRC
Not players
Not fans
Perhaps other countries, they can now get the money ZC were getting?

As an outsider i think SRC got this terribly wrong, the WC was over, a fresh 4yr cycle has started, Zimbabwe could have qualified for both women's and men's T20 WC, that would have got more money and also more motivation for players... The ODI league starts next yr so more games were on the horizon.

If SRC were not confident of ICC ruling then I personally think this was way too big a risk to take, even if the intensions were good. Way too big a risk for sure. They could have done something within the ICC rules, and after deliberations with the ICC first so as the ensure the consequences aren't this severe.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Not ZC
Not SRC
Not players
Not fans

As an outsider i think SRC got this terribly wrong, the WC was over, a fresh 4yr cycle has started, Zimbabwe could have qualified for both women's and men's T20 WC, that would have got more money and also more motivation for players... The ODI league starts next yr so more games were on the horizon.

If SRC were not confident of ICC ruling then I personally think this was way too big a risk to take, even if the intensions were good. Way too big a risk for sure. They could have done something within the ICC rules, and after deliberations with the ICC first so as the ensure the consequences aren't this severe.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Not ZC
Not SRC
Not players
Not fans

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nope. Better to get this over with one way or the other. We’re all sick of this slow death.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I reckon that Icc will conveniently turn the tap back on in about late September/October juju St before the qualifiers and they were trying to make a point about gov interference with zim the scapegoat.