[ Poll ] What happens next?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

What happens next? (TM - Tavengwa Mukuhlani / DEB - Dave Ellman-Brown)

Cricket LIVES: TM board restored, ICC restore funding and the players stay
6%
Cricket LIVES: DEB board stays, ICC restore funding and the players stay
11%
Cricket LIVES: A new board is elected and the situation returns to normalcy
22%
Cricket DIES: TM board restored, no more funding and players leave
11%
Cricket DIES: DEB board stays, no more funding and players leave
28%
Cricket DIES: A new board is elected and the situation deteriorates
22%

Total votes: 18

Googly

Re: [ Poll ] What happens next?

Post by Googly »

Exactly on the money Maehara. ICC were happy with Chingoka as an interim but not the other way around. It’s clear that someone on ICC doesn’t like the white boys.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It might not be about race with the ICC. I bet it's just that they've all been buddy buddy chums for the last 5 or 6 years (and in the years before that it was Chingoka). These ICC board members have fought together in the trenches, slumming it in first class a few times a year having to sit through world class events and have fancy dinners. You don't go through shared trauma like that without it counting for something!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I believe the rule for no political intervention came officially into effect 3 or 4 years ago when the ICC thought of taking strict action on such situations. I'm pretty sure about this. It wasn't there 10-12 yrs ago. Very sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:03 pm
It might not be about race with the ICC. I bet it's just that they've all been buddy buddy chums for the last 5 or 6 years (and in the years before that it was Chingoka). These ICC board members have fought together in the trenches, slumming it in first class a few times a year having to sit through world class events and have fancy dinners. You don't go through shared trauma like that without it counting for something!
Agreed and these ZC guys are very plausible, not so much Mukhulani, he starts stuttering and stammering but Mr Bvute is a very refined man, very eloquent and very smart.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And no political intervention when Muhku is an MP and ZC donated money to campaign funds? :lol:

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I think that something will be worked out. The cultural capacity to have a last minute arrangement is significant. None of them are really standing on principle. Otherwise crooks would already be in court as some have said. But I could be wrong.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

maehara wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:38 pm

My take is that the SRC are doing the right thing (for whatever underlying motivations); the ICC have fucked up; and if our suspension lasts longer than the end of the year at the latest, we're done permanently.
It will be Code Red but with a slight chance of reviving the pulse. Just like a drug addict, this is a chance for Zim cricket to truly go cold turkey on ICC money. Let Kirsty Coventry, the SRC, and a new board start on a clean slate (old debts notwithstanding). Let's assume, bear with me, that Vision 2030 and the TSP will bear fruit and that the economy will somehow approach US$100 billion in the next 11 years, people will have jobs and new tv stations licenced. The new board will have to reconstitute franchise and club cricket, financed chiefly by a tv contract (with a t20 tournament as the highlight). If our own economy can support a level of domestic cricket, and the new faces run things professionally, then after a few years (say, five or six) ICC will look at our case differently. We can then use the time to develop our national stock of talent, allowing them to play abroad if necessary, and we can make a proper comeback in 2024-ish, unlike the 2011 false dawn.

Zimbabwe, in all spheres, is under the yoke of the past 2 decades. Only by working diligently, one step at a time and building a new record of reliability, will perceptions change. But it takes time - our image won't change until 2023/24 at the very least. We can look at this ICC decision in that context.We have to rebuild our economy by ourselves, rebuild HSC and Queens by our own selves, rebuild franchises like the Southern Rocks, have decent facilities and a decent tv product. Without those, we will always be beggars not only at ICC board meetings but also in our own heads.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jemisi wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 am
I think that something will be worked out. The cultural capacity to have a last minute arrangement is significant. None of them are really standing on principle. Otherwise crooks would already be in court as some have said. But I could be wrong.

I’m afraid you are probably very right.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Boundary- read the twitter and newsfeeds bud.
There’s no intention to rebuild anything. They now perceive there to be a time limit and the intent is to keep the population as calm as possible for as long as possible and to take everything that there is to take. When they can’t be bothered to organize electricity so society can function does that not tell you all you need to know? When the Minister of Energy flaunts a 300k Rolls Royce surely you see that we’re in the last chapter? Nobody can point a finger at anybody because they are all in on it. There is nobody fixing this mess. There are no mega deals, but the Chinese are coming like a hurricane.
If it doesn’t rain this year we’re going to see even worse problems.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Apparently this is what HSC looks like now, can't imagine what will happen if there's 5 years of no money
https://twitter.com/kwirirayi/status/11 ... 2379202560