Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Post by encore »

You guys never learn do you! Why?

Why, why, why, why, why?!?

At the height of farm invasions, violence, economic turmoil, star player revolts, a "dictator" at the helm overseeing a brutal despotic regime, white-led ICC and a less prominet BCCI, plus most importantly mass-exodus of virtually all selectable professional players, just after arguably one of the greatest ever batsma, and indeed a legend in keeper-batsman status - leaving you with raw teenagers, capped by the fact that patron of the "corrupt" organisation that was "misapproprating funds" was close if not related to the Chairman (Chingoka) and MD (Bvute), the ICC stood by ZC. Even while the political involvement in ZC by SRC happened then! Almost unanimous support each time!

Now, contrast that with the present. A "loved, heroic" President, whitewashed of his sins and embraced by the West, meant to lead ZIM to Canaan. With an adoring champion swimmer as his Sports Minister who together with the President's Son-in-law set out to repair ZC, and are armed with competent administrators with a proven track record. What happens? Without hesitation the ICC shows them the middle finger - UNANIMOUSLY!!!

And the best you can come up with is - "Mukuhlani lobbied this" - really Liam, such shallow, amateurish journalism bereft any analysis? From someone who is based in South Africa at that? Or from the the forum - "fear that ICC thought that funds might be misdirected to the govt via the son-in-law", as if that was not happening all along.

The simple answer - and some here alluded to it I think - is that ALL sports organisations and mother bodies are corrupt in many ways, and abuse/misappropriate funds in some way(ther are plenty articles are shared with you guys over the years of even the white farmer-players complaining about abuse of funds and poor salaries by ZCU people like Ellman-Brown and Hogg)! So what right do you think you have to dismiss these as if you are better than them or SLC, or CW etc? Heck I could argue that of Lalit Modi and Amit Shah had never completed the coup in cricket, they would not have taken control of India - and the management was nowhere near clean.

In our case rugby is an example. So corrupt and self-serving are its administrators, that rugby has survived inspite of them - the same argument that has always been made about ZC. SA Rugby should be way ahead of NZ, and never have lost to Japan or an Argentina anywhere close to them - even with transformation targets! Yet, corruption and mismanagemnt, not kolpaks/exports have harmed it. But I digress, and not without reason. What white of English descent has ever been at the helm of rugby in SA?

This Mlotshwa guy is not Shona. In fact, Mnangagwa is Karanga, not even Zezuru. That is why other Shonas can take him on over this, and he won't easily open his mouth and force things behind the scenes to hand over millions of US dollars to the control of a Ndebele surrounded by whiteys. I forget the name of that other Matabele that Coltart likes, and Coventrys are sure to bring him into the picture as far as executive oversight is concerned. Such things will never be allowed to happen in Zimbabwe.

Peter Moor is such a horrible List A/ODI batsman who should not even get close to the scent of a red shirt, yet he found himself as captain/vice-captain of an ODI side. Vusi Sibanda who was both Brendan Taylor and Hamilton Masakadza's captain at Province/Franchise/ZIM A-XI level has never been anything close to VC no matter how well he did. A player, virtually Pakistani, got that nod ahead of him. Has Chris Mpofu really been that bad a bowler? In the many years that I've watched Zimbabwe play cricket, I can think of no other bowler who has often outbowled those we trust more and yet still found himself dropped even more. Have you ever heard fellow Shona players make noise about their ill-treatment or lack of consideration? Mbangwa, Nkala the same! Who ever remembers them?

So the dynamics as far as this is concerned are very complex. If you are white stay away unless you have a very intimate understanding of things. What Mlotshwa has just done is akin to Joshua Nkomo "fleeing" to "exile" himself in England, and then expecting sympathy from other African states. Goodwill Mamhiyo is right that lack of education affects the players, but it's worth asking too considering what has just transpired, if the educated, are truly educated.
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well it’s all irrelevant now. The ICC have given us an ultimatum. ZC will be spending some money on a serious party now. SRC are going to need some big gonads to ride this one out. The Afro-Asian block clearly run ICC and they don’t want Zim cricket to resuscitate.
This is just such bad news for Zim and our cricket.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:35 am
Well it’s all irrelevant now. The ICC have given us an ultimatum. ZC will be spending some money on a serious party now. SRC are going to need some big gonads to ride this one out. The Afro-Asian block clearly run ICC and they don’t want Zim cricket to resuscitate.
This is just such bad news for Zim and our cricket.
The Afro-Asian blockdon't run the ICC - India bring in most of the money and have a big say in what goes on - but in recent times India have been outvoted on various issues

Why should Zim (a full member) get massive amounts of money (most of which goes down the plughole and not into cricket) when some Associate members have more grounds, more cricketers, more coaches, more clubs, more leagues, more development programmes etc than Zim and yet receive only a fraction of the money Zim get

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

encore wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:11 am
Heck I could argue that of Lalit Modi and Amit Shah had never completed the coup in cricket, they would not have taken control of India - and the management was nowhere near clean.
What does that even mean? The first guy is the much-maligned cricket administrator and the second one is a politician who has nothing to do with cricket...

encore

Post by encore »

robbocricket wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:43 pm
Why should Zim (a full member) get massive amounts of money (most of which goes down the plughole and not into cricket) when some Associate members have more grounds, more cricketers, more coaches, more clubs, more leagues, more development programmes etc than Zim and yet receive only a fraction of the money Zim get
This is misleading.

The Zimbabwe economy is in tatters, so ZC does more than the normal Full Member. This includes a war troubled Afghanistan with large support an Advertising income.

ZC has to even pay for players to travel and be accomodated for pratice and games at Provincial level.

Sure the Administrators are squandering a portion of it, but why blams administrators, when a player just told you that "heroes" like Raza, Taylor and Williams were happy to pocket us$400k each of CWC funds, and leave domestic players with nothing.

Just think of the amount of money Taylor and Jarvis have been earning all along, and for what?

Do you honestly think a ZC administrator's salary, car, hotel fees, air tickets and other hidden benefits plus the little they steal would come anywhere close to that and even the best Accountants/Auditors be able to conceal it. let's be realistic here.

If Mlotshwa is really that competent, he should have those figures and have gotten those Accountants and Auditing firms expelled from professional bdies. let them achieve that simpe task.

Otherwise, point fingers at the greedy players. let' stop with the hearsay and rumours, and focus on the facts and common sense. Should be very easy to prove corruption and maladministration.

Faisal Hasnain is not in Zimbabwe and is free to be a witness to the Mlotshwa-Coventry team. Why don't they approach him? Alister Campbell has been involved in the thick of things. He can secretly share/leak info for security. Same with the 'loved' Manase who was ousted.

Zimbabwe is a failed economy with extremely expensive basic goods and services.
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:58 pm
encore wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:11 am
Heck I could argue that of Lalit Modi and Amit Shah had never completed the coup in cricket, they would not have taken control of India - and the management was nowhere near clean.
What does that even mean? The first guy is the much-maligned cricket administrator and the second one is a politician who has nothing to do with cricket...
My mistake Narendra not Lalit. Surely you could have picked that error up.

Shah effectively used the massively popular sport of cricket to gain power and supprot for BJP, through infiltrating all its levers and structures.
Voice of reason.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

encore wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Shah effectively used the massively popular sport of cricket to gain power and supprot for BJP, through infiltrating all its levers and structures.
Even more absurd! Where did they use cricket to gain power and support for BJP? ? I am now left to wonder if I am actually living in India at all, if I missed something like this! :D

Lalit Modi was at least related to Cricket...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Encore makes some astute observations about Zim cricket.

encore

Post by encore »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:31 pm
encore wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Even more absurd! Where did they use cricket to gain power and support for BJP? ? I am now left to wonder if I am actually living in India at all, if I missed something like this! :D

Lalit Modi was at least related to Cricket...
You would know better. Your country. ;) It was an insightful observation made by one of your analysts on their rise from the bottom, and how they used control of cricket to gain support. I must find it for you.
Voice of reason.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Criminal charges from the government and police must be brought against the board.

Then ICC can’t dictate a countries judicial system, so they will let it go or have a new election you’d think.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*