Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Post by zimbos_05 »

I do not know for certain, but Hamilton Masakadza has served as a domestic captain has he not? This just goes to prove that being a domestic captain does not necessarily mean you are a good national captain. PJ Moor has a better record that Hamilton.

Just because Vusi served as a domestic captain, does not mean he would be a good national captain. He could have been named domestic captain on favouritism and the national coach might have seen someone had more leadership qualities than him, hence their appointment.

Stop playing favourites.

The thing is, you don't get it. ZC has been run by incompetent buffoons and thieves for too long. They have stolen funds, ended careers, played nepotism and destroyed cricket in Zimbabwe.

We are sick and tired of this. We want a board that cares about the players, the fans and the game. We do not want to be suspended or expelled. However, we also do not want a Mukhulani board. Simple. We want the ICC to act properly and to let the interim board do their job and serve as the board of ZC.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 am
I do not know for certain, but Hamilton Masakadza has served as a domestic captain has he not? This just goes to prove that being a domestic captain does not necessarily mean you are a good national captain. PJ Moor has a better record that Hamilton.

Just because Vusi served as a domestic captain, does not mean he would be a good national captain. He could have been named domestic captain on favouritism and the national coach might have seen someone had more leadership qualities than him, hence their appointment.

Stop playing favourites.

The thing is, you don't get it. ZC has been run by incompetent buffoons and thieves for too long. They have stolen funds, ended careers, played nepotism and destroyed cricket in Zimbabwe.

We are sick and tired of this. We want a board that cares about the players, the fans and the game. We do not want to be suspended or expelled. However, we also do not want a Mukhulani board. Simple. We want the ICC to act properly and to let the interim board do their job and serve as the board of ZC.
You missed the point entirely. Which in itself underlines a critical sentence I raised in my post. So it's thank you I guess.
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

encore wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:18 am
You missed the point entirely. Which in itself underlines a critical sentence I raised in my post. So it's thank you I guess.
You never really made a point. You made a bunch of incoherent statements and jumped from one idea to the next,

So I just merely picked two of your babble, and provided responses.

I've dealt with sporting organisations for a long time, I know they are corrupt. But then you went on about race and Shona and Ndebele, and how PJ is a terrible player, and SA Rugby has never had a white head (which I'm sure is completely false) and then something about African countries shooting themselves in the foot, and the president....honestly man, i've read better structured literature from 6 year olds.

encore

Post by encore »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:08 am
Criminal charges from the government and police must be brought against the board.

Then ICC can’t dictate a countries judicial system, so they will let it go or have a new election you’d think.
An aggrieved and embarassed US government - which felt cheated and outsmarted - did precisely that through the FBI as far as FIFA (and CONCACAF, UEFA, CAF, AFc, CFU etc), are concerned. But that's partly because of a terminal Chuck Blazer who didn't want to check out with a soiled conscience. It was epic and historic! I can;t wait to watch the movie if ever there is/was one!

Anyway,Trump is not about that nonsense of feigned morality and ethics. He wasn't about to let Putin bask in the glory of his 2018 being the greatest and most exciting Football World Cup ever. He took off the boxing gloves and got what he wanted without breaking much sweat. The game is dirty again! The game will always be dirty.

No proof of corruption has ever been found in Zimbabwe. But I can guarante you that if it was ever found to exist, it will bring down bankers(including the Central Bank and the Brtish's Barclays plus a few South African one), along with auditors such as PWC, D&T, KPMG and EY! The cherry on the top is ZANU PF bank accounts and Treasurers. Tp add to that, don't you think that some of those former Board Members and Executives don't at least have an undeclared "gift" in the form of a luxury watch or stuffed designer laptop bag from a Dalmiya, Pawar, Manohar or Srinivasan? Come on..come on...

So yes, ICC can't dictate a country's judicial system, and that's exactly what the US used - the countries' formal security, criminal and judicial systems.

I doubt possessing the ability draft affidavits and pass on instructions, or performing the backstroke faster than anyone else, means you can pull that off.

You need to ... blend in...
Voice of reason.

encore

Post by encore »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:34 am
....honestly man, i've read better structured literature from 6 year olds.
Fair enough. I'll refrain from punching above my weight. Your original point is noted.
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Come Zimbo. You’ve scared him off. We need different and new views.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

encore wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 pm

This is misleading.

The Zimbabwe economy is in tatters, so ZC does more than the normal Full Member. This includes a war troubled Afghanistan with large support an Advertising income.

ZC has to even pay for players to travel and be accomodated for pratice and games at Provincial level.

Sure the Administrators are squandering a portion of it, but why blams administrators, when a player just told you that "heroes" like Raza, Taylor and Williams were happy to pocket us$400k each of CWC funds, and leave domestic players with nothing.

Just think of the amount of money Taylor and Jarvis have been earning all along, and for what?

How on earth is ZC is doing "more" than the 'normal' full member. ZC is 'abnormal' compared to nearly every other cricketing country. I would say it is doing less than any other - the economy may be in tatters but ZC have received millions of US$ from ICC over the years and done virtually nothing with it - apart from paying the 'big 5' huge amounts of money to make it appear as though everything is 'normal' to the outside world when we play the occasional ODI or T20 (and most of the rest to themselves)

In SA, Eng, NZ, Oz (to name but four) none of the players pay for their food and accomodation for practice and provincial games. ZC should be paying for all these costs

Taylor and Jarvis are here for the money (which is fair enough) and it makes no difference to them whether (a) they play one game or twenty games a season (b) all the other players are being paid peanuts - you don't need to be a genius to see with no youngsters coming through to challenge their places in the team they have a job for as long as they want.

In the final match against Ireland eight of the team were aged 30 or over, with only Mire (29), Chatari (28) and Burl (25) under 30. If you think results are bad now then they will be even worse when the 'older' players finally retire

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why do you keep bringing up the Big 5 and in particular Taylor and Jarvis? Everyone is saying BT earns 20k a month? Firstly I don’t think that’s right, it’s probably nearer 10k, secondly Makoni is earning around 20k if that spreadsheet is anything to go by, and I will guarantee it’s a lot more than that, especially with perks.
The best players should be earning more than any of the administrators, hands down all day every day.
ZC brought these two back for one reason only, which in itself is bullshit, they should have been enticed back for the greater good, not for one tournament. Plus if this was not administered by kretins they would not have left in the first place.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s no way Williamson earns less than Taylor either.
Maybe his salary is slightly less but he will more than make up for it with all manner of perks and sponsorships way in excess of Taylor.
Our national side should take around 100k a month between a squad of about 15. What’s wrong with that?
If correctly selected they’re our best and they deserve it.
It’s capitalism not communism.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:02 am
Come Zimbo. You’ve scared him off. We need different and new views.
Not really bothered to be fair. Obvious he is a ZC mole. Joined 2 days ago and all he has done is sing their praises and come up with nonsensical posts.

It's disingenuous to claim to be acting in the best interests of the game by supporting the ZC board.

We provide facts, they say it is not so or just ignore them. They provide false statemetns and when refuted, they continue to spout them.

They only attack white players, but never call out the like of Hammy or Elton or Richie et al.

I welcome different and new views, but when they are wrong and biased, I will call them out.