#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

I didn’t grasp much of that. :lol:
I’m assuming the first conspiracy is that the murungus are deliberately underperforming?
I don’t get what else you were saying?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

So what happens next Googly?

Let's say the key players are: Coventry, Mlotshwa, Ellman-Brown, Mukhulani

What are their next moves?

(The players seemingly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, it's pretty clear there's no cohesion there so even though they actually hold all of the cards the fact they can't get their arses in gear means they aren't a factor)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

encore wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:36 pm

Fair enough an argument can be made about merit for perhaps five of the seven, but can it be made for all? At the end of the day, the red shirt means money. Lots of it! Food for thought.
The white players are the only ones who actually put in any performance of merit on the tour.

In saying that, it is not about colour. It's about which Zimbabwean is best for the job regardless of their race.

Hammys letter reads like he wants change but does not want to upset Mukhulani. The players hold the key here and you can see that some players want to support SRC but can't be vocal or will be brandished as racist. Hammy also said the SRC only met with them now, what did he want? He was in another flippen country.

Some players support Mukhulani, but they are only doing so to save their own asses and not for the good of the game.

Coventry needs to step in. Chat with all the players and both sides. Bring them all in to the same room and get this shit sorted out. No one leaves until it is.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:48 pm
Coventry needs to step in. Chat with all the players and both sides. Bring them all in to the same room and get this shit sorted out. No one leaves until it is.
Not sure what there is to sort out?

Mlotshwa: TM has to go!
Mukhulani: I'm not going!

There's no middle ground there.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see a few scenarios
SRC has put the onus on Mhukhlani to get the board reinstated, meaning he has to comply with SRC directives vis-a-vis allowing an independent audit.
The fact is that AGM was unconstitutional, but ICC are currently ignoring that and I’m not sure why. If this is revisited along with some other evidence they may listen.
If there’s anything damning in an independent audit Mukhulani will try to prevent it happening in the first place. They’ve had a big heads up to tidy up their accounts though, but hard to make 2.8m disappear, which is what SRC seem to be focusing on.

If SRC insist on a fresh election it’s hard to see the outcome being too different with the same people voting.
I’d be looking back further than that as to how that constitution has morphed into what it is. I doubt that was done properly, there will be an irregularity in there somewhere. So getting Mukhulani to resign, dissolve the board, rewrite the constitution and hold fresh elections is what a guy with nothing to hide would do to save this. If he’s that good and that popular he will win again. Obviously we all know he’s not going to do that, simply because he’s got much to hide and has and is benefiting hugely. Plus he’s covering for previous chairmen and boards.

All of this nitpicking is not going to impress ICC I don’t think. SRC need a smoking gun. The longer this drags out the less likely it appears that they have one that they think will stick. There’s some string pulling to make Mukhulani’s post as MP untenable, but I’m not sure the motive. Maybe they’re trying to unearth something there to prove he’s unfit? That doesn’t fill me with confidence because it means they think their current evidence is thin.

It’s clear that amongst the players/staff views are polarized, with the majority unwilling to commit to either side for a variety of reasons. Their opinions just lend considerable weight to either side, but I don’t think any whining from the two captains is going to sway anybody.

That ex ICC policeman, Hasnan (?) is conspicuously silent. He was supposed to have been here for his tenure and spent most of his time in Dubai collecting his money and giving these guys the green light. It was alleged that he was threatened, but I rather think that he benefited via a brown enevelope. Maybe I’m maligning the guy but if he’s walked around and talked to a cross section of people here he would have had a very different view.

It’s clear that ICC don’t want DEB and that’s problematic.
Firstly they obviously believe that nothing majorly untoward has happened since 2015 and they believe they done a good enough job policing the disbursements.
Secondly there’s some cronyism within ICC, perhaps to protect a voting block or something else. I don’t know if they voted on this suspension or who was for and against?

This might be a waiting game to see who breaks first as well. The longer everyone leaves it the more desperate the situation is going to become and the more likely one side is going to make a critical mistake. Without access to accounts, computers, documents and with an uncooperative staff the SRC are going to be pushed for time to prove anything. They probably have much information, but if it’s not obtained legally it’s not really admissible, is it?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Coventry’s hands are tied. So far she’s made it clear that she doesn’t consider SRC to be government. ICC are insisting there mustn’t be any, yet Hamilton and the lady captain are writing her letters and petitions? How does that work? She mustn’t fall into that trap. Those letters and petitions must go to the SRC.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If ICC were clean they’d be looking up Hasnan’s arse with a microscope because plenty of stuff happened on his watch. Maybe as someone said, a certain level of pilfering and corruption is acceptable?
Again if Mukhulani is the popular and successful administrator he claims he would have squashed that big loan. You can do it legally now at bond rate. It would free up millions, but of course he hasn’t done that. That means there’s a puppet master and Mukhulani is benefiting.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Assuming Zimbabwe get expelled, does anyone know how long should they wait before applying to become an associate nation?

Obviously if the key players stay they can easily beat divisional sides, won't take much long to climb up the ladder and get ODI status again, may be 4 yrs?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I know a couple of people on that SRC board and they are upstanding people. If they thought this was a pissing contest between Mlotshwa and Mukhulani they would have spoken out already.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This is going to end exactly the way I predicted. Watch this space.

ZC are doing exactly what I expected getting the captains to speak out for their own PR. SRC digging in. Expect a meeting at the state house in 6 weeks time with Mlotshwa and Mukuhlani shaking hands and BT and Raza walking away as part of the collateral damage.

Hami is 100% right that the game cant survive without the ICC. There is no movie-style recovery without them. That is a fantasy. Where will the SRC get 9 million usd from?.