#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:54 pm
This is going to end exactly the way I predicted. Watch this space.

ZC are doing exactly what I expected getting the captains to speak out for their own PR. SRC digging in. Expect a meeting at the state house in 6 weeks time with Mlotshwa and Mukuhlani shaking hands and BT and Raza walking away as part of the collateral damage.

Hami is 100% right that the game cant survive without the ICC. There is no movie-style recovery without them. That is a fantasy. Where will the SRC get 9 million usd from?.
That's not an acceptable outcome IMO. If we lose a bunch of players, and I think it'd be more than just those two, then we're at Kenya levels. What's the point of settling for that?

May as well go "all in" and see if a situation can be salvaged that doesn't gut the playing group.

Maybe an all-new board that does involve TM or the DEB crew? A dark horse we haven't thought of yet that's acceptable to the ICC.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm
Assuming Zimbabwe get expelled, does anyone know how long should they wait before applying to become an associate nation?

Obviously if the key players stay they can easily beat divisional sides, won't take much long to climb up the ladder and get ODI status again, may be 4 yrs?
Paying them with what money? Once Zim is expelled, every half decent professional cricketer will either quit and leave or pursue another career and we would effectively be left with amateur cricketers playing for little or no money... It could take over a decade, maybe never, to regain ODI status

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Xlife wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:43 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm
Assuming Zimbabwe get expelled, does anyone know how long should they wait before applying to become an associate nation?

Obviously if the key players stay they can easily beat divisional sides, won't take much long to climb up the ladder and get ODI status again, may be 4 yrs?
Paying them with what money? Once Zim is expelled, every half decent professional cricketer will either quit and leave or pursue another career and we would effectively be left with amateur cricketers playing for little or no money... It could take over a decade, maybe never, to regain ODI status
This deadlock doesn't look like it's going to end mate. I would love to see some compromise reached. Expulsion is the worst case scenario, and tragically it isn't far from reality.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If we were getting blanked by the Dutch and Ireland with a near full stregnth team imagine if we lose 80% of tye current team. We will be finished

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

So with the impending death of Zimbabwe cricket what is going to happen to this forum? Will it be a place where we sit around a reminisce about the 80s and 90s? I guess many of us tend to do that anyway.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I reckon the forum will slow down drastically, but the main posters will remain. I’ve been here for 10 years, since I was 18. I’ll be here for a while longer.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 pm
I reckon the forum will slow down drastically, but the main posters will remain. I’ve been here for 10 years, since I was 18. I’ll be here for a while longer.
That has actually been happening for a while prior to this spike in extreme circumstance. Started when admin restricted new posters to hidden first ten posts to stop spammers. Solved that problem but made it harder for newbie and then just general apathy to Zim cricket in general being felt across the cricketing world.

Who has sprung up in the last two years? Mueddie? Yeah... woo hoo on that one
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Here cricket in an entire country is coming to an end after some 4 decades and people are not worried, what will we worry about this forum mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Big assumption, but assume that someone saves the day here, the one thing that will give us even more breathing space is if we get a couple of younger players in this side.
The world has seen what we’ve got for years. It’s been musical chairs of guys everyone has seen before and we’re all hoping for a slightly better outcome. There was renewed interest and hope when Burl, Moor and Blessing came along and there’s a tendency for everyone to say “they need a bit of time!” and we do in fact buy some time. There’s no doubt that we need two new openers and I think we need another keeper, which for me is Murray. How’s he been dropped off the radar? That’s just bullshit as far as I’m concerned.
If ZC remain as they are Taylor, Raza and Burl will be about as welcome as pigs in a synagogue so there’s a big question mark there, and perhaps a couple of the others as well.
That potentially means that the absence of a couple of key guys renders our team even less competitive than it is now. So it would be a phyric victory for ZC if they’re reinstated without any censure or changes, not that I think they give a shit whether we lose or not, the money just magically appears regardless of results or structures. The only time they’ve ever paid attention to that was at the qualifiers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:38 am
Here cricket in an entire country is coming to an end after some 4 decades and people are not worried, what will we worry about this forum mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
The country is coming to an end. This place is in deep deep trouble. Zanu cannot undo the problems they’ve created. Every day new stories come out of the jaw dropping corruption and theft. It’s basically just a free for all looting spree that has no apparent end. Every structure and dept has collapsed and nothing works. It’s incredibly grim here.