#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

Taps- how is Mukhulani helping them practice?
It’s not expensive to hold a practice. Unless he’s doing it personally then it means ZC have some money.
If there are people on $200 a month bond and can’t put food on the table and the chairman comes along and starts paying bus fare or whatever extraordinarily magnanimous amount to help people get to practice is it good or bad? I’d be mighty unhappy if I was the $200 bond guy!
This is the type of thing the interim board needs to respond to, because it’s this petty stuff that changes minds. This is a publicity stunt by ZC that’s costing them no more than $50 usd a week. His claim form will read $5000.
How are ZC paying their rental arrears?
The rent was in the budget and it’s been stolen so the $120k that is now the arrears ICC will never provide.
My point being where are they practicing?
ZC staff are used to going months with no pay. This has happened a hundred times, but now they’ve all downed tools for what? To help ZC’s cause?? DEB board needs a list of these guys and they need to join the ranks of the unemployed. Those guys not maintaining HSC would be the first on my list. It’s 10 minutes to put out sprinklers and turn the taps on. All the equipment is (was) top of the line stuff and it takes a couple of guys who aren’t doing anything anyway. It’s time to be tough on these simple minded fellows.
The interim board need to start responding to each and every one of these stupid things. Enough of these thieving clowns.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 pm
I think the SRC should call the ICC's bluff. Does the ICC really want to lose a full member? You have got to think the SRC just need to do some stuff behind the scenes with the ICC to make everything ok again.
I'm not so sure who's bluffing here. But obviously people will talk behind the scenes. We probably need a Norwegian special envoy to facilitate the negotiations.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:14 am
Taps- how is Mukhulani helping them practice?
It’s not expensive to hold a practice. Unless he’s doing it personally then it means ZC have some money.
If there are people on $200 a month bond and can’t put food on the table and the chairman comes along and starts paying bus fare or whatever extraordinarily magnanimous amount to help people get to practice is it good or bad? I’d be mighty unhappy if I was the $200 bond guy!
This is the type of thing the interim board needs to respond to, because it’s this petty stuff that changes minds. This is a publicity stunt by ZC that’s costing them no more than $50 usd a week. His claim form will read $5000.
How are ZC paying their rental arrears?
The rent was in the budget and it’s been stolen so the $120k that is now the arrears ICC will never provide.
My point being where are they practicing?
ZC staff are used to going months with no pay. This has happened a hundred times, but now they’ve all downed tools for what? To help ZC’s cause?? DEB board needs a list of these guys and they need to join the ranks of the unemployed. Those guys not maintaining HSC would be the first on my list. It’s 10 minutes to put out sprinklers and turn the taps on. All the equipment is (was) top of the line stuff and it takes a couple of guys who aren’t doing anything anyway. It’s time to be tough on these simple minded fellows.
The interim board need to start responding to each and every one of these stupid things. Enough of these thieving clowns.
Well maybe the extra costs comes from them not all living in the same city.

You know I always said perception is going to be very important here. Why has the SRC not reached out to them? Thats the real question. Why waste your time blaming Mukuhlani and co for squandering their money. Thats information that is supposedly public.

The blame game wont get us anywhere. At no point has anybody said Mukuhlani hasnt done wrong. Right now the SRC needs to win the players over. Threatening their livelihoods and then not even reaching out to them is shocking. Thats if the report is true.

Thursday will decide this thing. It was a risk declaring everybody must report to work with no money to pay them. There are already 2 months behind. Also why would you expect ground staff to find busfare money to come and sort out HSC for 10 minutes then go home with no pay amd a good chance that you will be unemployed in 2 months? I dont know why people think this is a charity.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think if the majority of workers dont pitch on Thursday then the government will actually step in and tell Mlotshwa to back down. Tomorrow is a very important day. My suspicion is that Mukuhlani is banking on 75% of staff and players not pitching and I am sure there will be journalists planted there to ask very specific questions. Like 1- why are bilateral series being cancelled if they have the capacity to take the game forward?
2- will they pay salary arreas in full?
3-will they fund the domestic season?

Technically if we are banned from the t20s then the West Indies tour must go ahead. Do they even have money to fund 1 test match?

If they cant answer these questions then I think you will find that only BT and Raza and Burl will report for duty on Friday. Rajput has apparently applied for another job

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunday ... tions/amp/

Is it a coincidence that a childhood friend of Mlotshwa has serious differences with Vumi Moyo? This happened 4 years ago. Its ridiculously personal. I am sure all these points were brought up to the ICC.

Also how exactly did Mlotshwa afford 40% of Telecel? Titan Law must be doing really well

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 pm
I think the SRC should call the ICC's bluff. Does the ICC really want to lose a full member? You have got to think the SRC just need to do some stuff behind the scenes with the ICC to make everything ok again.
This is really getting out of hand. Not sure if some guys - after realising they overdid it - are suffering from shock or denial, and are merely exhibiting the symptoms.

1. This is not the brotherly ICC of yesteryear!!!

2. This ICC callously cut off several countries from direct CWC participation. It's also gone to the point of cutting off the Champions Trophy, and changing the T20WC from two years to four years.

3. This ICC was not even bothered that WI, PAK or SL stood the risk of not qualifying for the CWC.

4. After the top nations had to backtrack on monopolising cricket funds, then have to share them more fairly across the board, they will not have liked the Full Member numbers being increased with AFG and IRE coming in, so they will gladly let Zimbabwe be cut off if it means there's just a little bit more to go around between them.

5. Zimbabwe is not important. ZC is not important - to anyone. Especially after betraying BCCI. India have made sure Zimbabwe pay by not touring since, thus deliberately starving Zimbabwe of funds.

6. They are not the only ones who no longer want to play against Zimbabwe or have to be in Zimbabwe. So with the new ODI Championship, and mandatory matches, England and now India, will both look forward to not having to deal with Zimbabwe. After all, it's not like even Banglandesh and Afghanistan were that attrracted to the prospect anymore either.

7. No amount of behind the scenes orchestrating will be relevant. ICC have prescribed one eventuality, and one non-negotiable eventuality only - an elected ZC in that precise form post election be reinstated. Period!!!

8. Therefore, if they don't meet those demands, and a vote for Zimbabwe's expulsion were to take place tomorrow, this is how it will most likely go:
ABSTAIN - PAK, WI
AGAINST - SL
FOR - ENG, IND, AUS, NZ, SA, BD, IRE, AFG
You can bet your house on that! NZ possibly abstaining, but the rest will be like that. Here in SA there is no chance of Chris Nenzani and Thabang Moroe looking at a DEB & VH resurfacing and then tolerating that (especially not after seeing Rassie Erasmus ignore quotas without sanction, and silence from SASCOC and the Sports Ministry). Besides, SA will not oppose both IND & ENG on this.

9. Stop viewing this ICC as the way ICC was before, where official cricket board deployees in the past removed their Board/Countries' colours and worked for the common good(like Manohar tried to be recently). Today's ICC is made up of Board representatives who individually never take off their countries' colours. Haroon Lorgat learnt that the hard way when he tried to be diplomatic - BBCI punished CSA, and CSA punished Lorgat. While Cricekt Boards appreciate Manohar, they individually would not want a Manohar in their own boards. Can our Indian friends on this forum say BCCI loves Manoahr or that Srinivasan et al, see eye-to-eye with Manohar?

10. Despite everything, the SRC and the ZC Interim board do not have a court order, and they do not have an inside-man in the ICC. When the new ICC finance deal was made, the other countries were emboldened to defy India because an Indian man Manohar was on their side, plus the Indian Courts were in a way on their side by dealing with BCCI leaders. There was no one to wheel&deal or make threats in person. The ZC Interim board cannot even attend the ICC to convince anyone about anything because it's not recognised and will never be recognised. Zimbabwe is completely at the mercy of Mukhuhlani the ONLY ICC recognised representative.

11. It absolutely does not matter who pitches up for work or not, and what amount of manouvering takes place behind the scenes. In fact, I can go to the extent of saying that some leaders at that meeting will be willing to "encourage" Mukuhlani with a fat offshore account, just so that he does not put up any fight whatsoever - apart from the token against-vote to clear his name from earlier suspend yes-vote, and lets Zimbabwe be cut off. Kirsty Coventry, SRC and Interim ZC Board figures, stoked a fire whose heat almost everyone in the ICC would gladly welcome and none would have an appetite to extinguish under any circumstance!

It was an ill-thought, poorly-timed and woefully-implemented plan of action. If these moves were backed by sincerity - and not malice(ie greed to be the ones to oversee incoming funds, or simply to burn cricket in Zimbabwe to the ground) - then it will go down in the annals of the game, as by far the most idiotic move in the history of cricket administration.
Voice of reason.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Encore makes a lot of valid points, and some people here are just too dimwitted to understand... The ICC have made their decision and no amount of manoeuvring behind the scenes will change that.

SRC have to comply or Zim cricket is officially dead with no prospect of a comeback to the levels we play at now. I'm beginning to think that's exactly what the people on the SRC's side want

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yup! Valid points encore, Zimbabwe seem to have self destruct quite idiotically here.

As an outsider i could observe that Mukhlani knows how to play this game and he is quite good at it

1) he pushed for suspension and got it
2) he also got the decision from the ICC to reinstate him or get expelled
3) He got the majority of players and staff on his side as well
4) He simply won't care if Zimbabwe cricket dies, he will still live happily.

In all this SRC and the interim board have looked like idiots and it will go down as they are the ones responsible for ZC death. Players and everyone else will suffer.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 am
Yup! Valid points encore, Zimbabwe seem to have self destruct quite idiotically here.

As an outsider i could observe that Mukhlani knows how to play this game and he is quite good at it

1) he pushed for suspension and got it
2) he also got the decision from the ICC to reinstate him or get expelled
3) He got the majority of players and staff on his side as well
4) He simply won't care if Zimbabwe cricket dies, he will still live happily.

In all this SRC and the interim board have looked like idiots and it will go down as they are the ones responsible for ZC death. Players and everyone else will suffer.
It's hard to argue with that.

I listened to the podcast, Mlotshwa keeps talking about a "contingency" plan but doesn't actually detail anything about it. It's becoming pretty clear there isn't one and I'm guessing not many people will rock up tomorrow.

With that said though, what's the point of continued funding if the team just gets poorer and poorer each year and no new players are coming through? It's just wasted money that might as well be sent to Namibia or Netherlands or whoever else is next in line. Are we not at the point where we may as well risk expulsion for one last chance at saving the game?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t think SRC/Interim board are offering to pay for their salaries :lol:
That would be saying cricket is finished and here’s the newer lesser version with us in charge.
Well the rumour goes that Mlotshwa, Bvute and Mukhulani were all involved in that Telecel deal?
I’m not sure why you are so pro ZC?