#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by foreignfield »

People who decry every well-justified reaction against man's God-given right to insult, slander, and denounce other groups and generally be an a****** in public are just as lazy as the militant PC-extremists who believe that Shakespeare needs to be banished from classrooms and reading lists just because he was born 500 years ago.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Now the Folau circus has made its way to this forum, may I offer a view that I have not yet seen expressed in this forum to date. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is mainly for non Aussie forumites.
Briefly recapping: 2018 highest profile RU star Folau posts religious beliefs.
With all the ferocity of a wet lettuce, the Australian Rugby Union executive slap his wrist & say don't do it again as he's contravened his workplace agreement.
Floau signs a further contract for $4 Million. And, I would suggest, in this contract it would stipulate he not use his status within the rugby world to grandstand any further views. In 2018, Folau writes a column in the PLayers Voice, in first person- not ghost written- that he would walk away from his contract if his situation became untenable & he was hurting Australian Rugby, sponsors & the Rugby community.
In 2019, he posts to his instagram & twitter & other social media his views again. Please note, his views are not just in regard to homosexuals but to adulters, drunks(Do'h!), liars, fornicators, thieves (ZC you're fucked), Athiests & Idolaters.

He gets sacked & I would suggest it is for breaching his employment agreement & from a legal perspective, that alone. He could well have called the ARU pricks & he still would have been sacked because I'm sure he's not allowed to denounce his employer. I have an EA with my employer & its written in mine.
He sues, not walk away (liar?).
Queensland hooker, Taniela Tupou(who?) says Aust Rugby may as well sack all Polynesians as they have much the same belief. (Well, thanks Taniela but you're not Folau so you don't matter. And I haven't seen anyone go out in sympathy).
Now Folau, as an elite sportsman, has amassed a sizeable fortune with an impressive property portfolio.He also owns a $500,000 Lamborghini (idolator?). Not illegal of course but he's hardly living a humble religious experience. And of course, the Go Fund Me account to pay his legals.

Where it all gets tricky, does freedom of speech exist in a workplace context? Can the employer preserve his brand & sack those who breach the Employment Agreement? On this issue, I'm with Folau because this could rewrite all EA's in Australia making them not worth the paper its written on. Because I sure want to say things about my employer.
In regard to the religious context of Folau's posts, I blame the media for beating it up.(I bet the editors & journalists have Employment agreements waved under their noses by Murdoch et al reminding them what they can & can't do). Folau, as church leader, seems to have posted his views on his own social media to his own followers. So has he used the Rugby platform to highlight his views? (This one is for the legals). Well, in my world, if the media didn't stick with it like shit to a wet blanket, then I would not have heard a thing. And I imagine many others in Australia wouldn't of as well.

Anyway, thanks for the chance to rant. This could go for ages. A whole new thread.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 am
https://www.herald.co.zw/big-blow-for-langton-rusere/

Umpire Langton Rusere also being dropped from tours because of this mess. Surely nobody can support innocent people getting hurt because we want to see a few guys gone. This is painful. Years of hard work going down the drain. There has to be a better way than destroying hundreds of peoples lives. You can have your issues with Hami and the senior team's squables but what about the umpires, the women's team, the ground staff, bus drivers, cleaners, the junior teams?

Lets not try and create fantasy situations and think we will lose funding and bounce back. If you are over 40 you will never see that bounce back with your own eyes. This will take decades to fix because we dont have an economy that can naturally support sport through sponsorship. You think a 100 million dollar institution can suddenly survive on 5 million dollars? The days of people playing for fun and passion like the 80s and 90s are gone. Sport is now professional everywhere. If you think a 30 year old model will work in 2019 you are in for a big shock.
Interesting that Rusere , Matibiri and Tiffin's names have been deleted from the ICC Umpires page. How rude
https://www.icc-cricket.com/about/crick ... ire-panels

Pycroft is still there although he's not listed as a Match Referee for any upcoming games.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Interesting that Rusere , Matibiri and Tiffin's names have been deleted from the ICC Umpires page. How rude

Pycroft is still there although he's not listed as a Match Referee for any upcoming games.
These are sanctions, so let's do what small countries do under sanctions: either grow big enough to threaten your own sanctions (look at Trump bending over backwards not to sanction Saudi Arabia and lose that military contract) or, like a bear, go into hibernation until the winter passes. ICC will back off once Mukuhlani calls his dogs off or the sanctions will become semi permanent until a new regime takes over at ICC and they look at Zim's case again. They will only do that if our game is not dead. So to repeat my mantra, let's wean ourselves from the ICC cash and go back to the club game and rebuild from there. Have volunteers running the clubs, rejuvenate club leagues - like the Bulawayo Metropolitan one - all over the country. Without this we are just a shell anyway, even with ICC money.

Think about it, this is the essence. Your kid goes to school and enjoys playing cricket against other school teams. This is part of education and should continue regardless of ZC. Then when your kid finishes A-Level his only viable choice we are giving him right now is to go to a South African university. But that's only a small, elite minority and we'll lose that kid to the SA system in any case. So the local alternative is local clubs, including those set up at UZ, MSU, NUST and hopefully all local universities, teachers' colleges and polytechnics, police and defence academies - everywhere there's post school training should set up a club and join the local league. Zim won't be poor forever but in the meantime that's where ZC should spend the little money they have, on equipment, maintaining pitches and creases, training, coaches and keeping the player database and records. One paid administrator per club, centrally contracted coaches roaming round the country evaluating and helping talent. Short-termism focusing on individual personality battles is what's hurting the country in general and cricket in particular.

The current generation thrown into the deep end in early 2000s have done a decent job but they're declining hence why we've fallen below Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland and possibly the Netherlands. The generation following them wasn't nurtured very well, they've succeeded on their own personal drive and Taibu's Rising Allstars. Otherwise we are now likely to lose them but we should start now to think about players coming after the Burls and Muzarabanis of today. Our long term survival is on those, they are probably only about 15 years old now but they are the ones we should rescue.

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

Boundary wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm

These are sanctions, so let's do what small countries do under sanctions: either grow big enough to threaten your own sanctions (look at Trump bending over backwards not to sanction Saudi Arabia and lose that military contract) or, like a bear, go into hibernation until the winter passes. ICC will back off once Mukuhlani calls his dogs off or the sanctions will become semi permanent until a new regime takes over at ICC and they look at Zim's case again. They will only do that if our game is not dead. So to repeat my mantra, let's wean ourselves from the ICC cash and go back to the club game and rebuild from there. Have volunteers running the clubs, rejuvenate club leagues - like the Bulawayo Metropolitan one - all over the country. Without this we are just a shell anyway, even with ICC money.

Think about it, this is the essence. Your kid goes to school and enjoys playing cricket against other school teams. This is part of education and should continue regardless of ZC. Then when your kid finishes A-Level his only viable choice we are giving him right now is to go to a South African university. But that's only a small, elite minority and we'll lose that kid to the SA system in any case. So the local alternative is local clubs, including those set up at UZ, MSU, NUST and hopefully all local universities, teachers' colleges and polytechnics, police and defence academies - everywhere there's post school training should set up a club and join the local league. Zim won't be poor forever but in the meantime that's where ZC should spend the little money they have, on equipment, maintaining pitches and creases, training, coaches and keeping the player database and records. One paid administrator per club, centrally contracted coaches roaming round the country evaluating and helping talent. Short-termism focusing on individual personality battles is what's hurting the country in general and cricket in particular.

The current generation thrown into the deep end in early 2000s have done a decent job but they're declining hence why we've fallen below Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland and possibly the Netherlands. The generation following them wasn't nurtured very well, they've succeeded on their own personal drive and Taibu's Rising Allstars. Otherwise we are now likely to lose them but we should start now to think about players coming after the Burls and Muzabanis of today. Our long term survival is on those, they are probably only about 15 years old now but they are the ones we should rescue.
If that isn't happening now with ICC money what makes you think that "volunteers" will magically appear and start sponsoring club and grass roots cricket?

And what kid or parent will take cricket seriously if there is no path to a viable career, no first class cricket, no international cricket?

As was suggested earlier in the thread, this idea suspiciously sounds like a certain group of people want cricket in Zimbabwe to revert back to being an elitist and minority sport

matland

Post by matland »

Xlife

""If that isn't happening now with ICC money what makes you think that "volunteers" will magically appear and start sponsoring club and grass roots cricket?
Maybe it doesnt happen with ICC money because the current thieves steal it ?
When last did you interact with a club player never mind a franchise or national player,ask them what is happening at whatever level they are involved in ?
As for volunteers how do you think the SparBonsa T20 is happening ?
6 matches a weekend,coloured clothing (which the players get to keep),a NEW ball (white reader) per innings and lunch for the players.
Total cost to each player a whopping 10 bond,which is optional if you want your name on the back of your shirt.(some players prefer their names and a number!!)
All sponsored by local companies who ask nothing but a visible return on their input.

And what kid or parent will take cricket seriously if there is no path to a viable career, no first class cricket, no international cricket?
Gosh but that was sensible !

As was suggested earlier in the thread, this idea suspiciously sounds like a certain group of people want cricket in Zimbabwe to revert back to being an elitist and minority sport""
Bullshit.There are whites and blacks that the vast majority of players (at least in Bulawayo) dont want to see anywhere near a cricket field let alone an administrative position.

Encore
""Mukuhlani and Co get elected by the members""

Members like the briefcase clubs from Gwanda etc ?
An AGM notice pinned to the inside of the Tuskers office door at Queens,no agenda or audited accounts ?
Clubs in Bulawayo that are not properly constituted in their own right ?
The powers that be have been rotten for so long that it has become accepted,the players in general are captured because they have nothing else,our poked economy mustve been in answer to the thieves prayers.
Now we have principled,dedicated people who truly love the game trying to make a change and the world is ending?
Cricket in Zim is all but dead as it is those of us still here just havent got the energy to bury it yet,not that anyone here who loves the game wants to.

Buddy go and troll on the non existent ZC web page,and take encore with you.
You trolls have the ability to spout just enough of the truth to make your drivel sound plausible.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Much like the Falau case, whilst I don’t agree with some of what Encore says it is good to have alternate views and I quite like having Encore here.

The Falau case will be interesting to see if the HC applies the implicit right to freedom of speech in the Aus constitution to this case.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

As was suggested earlier in the thread, this idea suspiciously sounds like a certain group of people want cricket in Zimbabwe to revert back to being an elitist and minority sport
It always has been! 200 elitist "professional " cricketers in the country and only open to the minority rich.

The Falau case is simple.
God made us all so some gay sponsor can't pretend he is above God and trump the almighty.
Folau made his comments /quote and probably pissed off the liars fornicators, muslims,hindus atheists by his Christian views but only the spiteful one in charge of Qantas abused his position and non-normal lifestyle.

Religious freedom trumps man made EA law...every time.

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

matland wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm
Xlife

""If that isn't happening now with ICC money what makes you think that "volunteers" will magically appear and start sponsoring club and grass roots cricket?
Maybe it doesnt happen with ICC money because the current thieves steal it ?
When last did you interact with a club player never mind a franchise or national player,ask them what is happening at whatever level they are involved in ?
As for volunteers how do you think the SparBonsa T20 is happening ?
6 matches a weekend,coloured clothing (which the players get to keep),a NEW ball (white reader) per innings and lunch for the players.
Total cost to each player a whopping 10 bond,which is optional if you want your name on the back of your shirt.(some players prefer their names and a number!!)
All sponsored by local companies who ask nothing but a visible return on their input.

Gosh but that was sensible !

As was suggested earlier in the thread, this idea suspiciously sounds like a certain group of people want cricket in Zimbabwe to revert back to being an elitist and minority sport""
Bullshit.There are whites and blacks that the vast majority of players (at least in Bulawayo) dont want to see anywhere near a cricket field let alone an administrative position.

Encore
""Mukuhlani and Co get elected by the members""

Members like the briefcase clubs from Gwanda etc ?
An AGM notice pinned to the inside of the Tuskers office door at Queens,no agenda or audited accounts ?
Clubs in Bulawayo that are not properly constituted in their own right ?
The powers that be have been rotten for so long that it has become accepted,the players in general are captured because they have nothing else,our poked economy mustve been in answer to the thieves prayers.
Now we have principled,dedicated people who truly love the game trying to make a change and the world is ending?
Cricket in Zim is all but dead as it is those of us still here just havent got the energy to bury it yet,not that anyone here who loves the game wants to.

Buddy go and troll on the non existent ZC web page,and take encore with you.
You trolls have the ability to spout just enough of the truth to make your drivel sound plausible.

If you know how to read and are capable of understanding my point throughout this thread, then you'd realise that I have never said the Mkhuhlani board deserves to continue running ZC indefinitely... The issue is the ICC have made a ruling that means all meaningful cricket in the country dies if we are banned...

Right now, players are suffering (for example the lady chevrons) and will potentially miss out on the biggest opportunity of their lives, are you too stupid or insensitive to understand that? It's best to reinstate the board and find other means (within the ICC rules) to get rid of thieving ZC bastards like Mkhuhlani and get proper people running the game... with ICC resources, ODI and Test cricket, international fixtures etc intact

Quattro

Post by Quattro »

I think both sides have a fair assessment of the situation. If we get reinstated with the old board back best believe any players or staff that can be targeted as traitors will be left in the cold that includes Raza & Taylor. Meaning we will further decline our play at best we might hang on for 2-3 more yrs while being walloped by associate nations, ICC will come back to the table & maybe demote us to an associate nation. Slow death & painful to recover, we would lose the funding that many are in support of keeping.

On the other side, we can embrace the suspension stick to the SRC choice then likely be suspended indefinitely. Cricket Zim can be rebuilt, supported by the fans & experienced Sports Admins. With time maybe 5yrs which is a long time for any fan, we can start again at a lower level til we return back test status. We are still allowed bilateral series, only tournaments will greatly affect us. You might ask how we can raise funds, as at the moment i dont know but we need to be self sustainable otherwise ICC can fold us at anytime.

With the way the game is evolving, ICC will seriously have to consider more test nations. My thought was is it not possible to push for continental cricket councils under ICC, Africa has a lot of teams that play maybe level of competition isnt too good yet but with time there will be major improvements..