#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by sam_ahm »

Guys as of now the first and foremost priority should be to get the suspension lifted, let the funding come back and then get the tours going.

The damage was already done when Zim got suspended, this was totally expected.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:19 pm
Well. What did you expect? Is this not what some of you guys wanted if Mukuhlani didnt fold? All for nothing in the end.

Expect the SRC to miraculously lift the suspension 1 day or 2 days too late. They are the real bastards if they were never going to follow through anyway. Kicked us out of the world cup for no reason
TapsC wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm
This is not on Mukuhlani. As much as guys dont like him this is not on him. He didnt break the rules here. We all know who did
TapsC wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm
There is no proof of him requesting suspension. Well I havent seen it. If somebody can show me this then I will change my mind. The only proof I have seen so far is the SRC breaking the rules. Thats the hard truth.

Common sense is such an infectious ailment... woe to those immunised against it

Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Once again Mukhulani did break the rules, you can spin it as hard as you like. On top of that ICC have been waiting for ZC to fuck up. All of Mukhulani’s supposed alliances have backfired badly. What arrogance to believe that you can keep getting the lion’s share of the grants that go to the lesser nations and believe it will last forever when the cricket around you is in tatters through your own theft and mismanagement. That story of legacy debt you can shove where the sun don’t shine as well. His comrade, Bvute, is under pressure from all sides, if catch and release don’t come into play he’s in deep and will probably be on extended vacation.
I’m sure there’s still a sickening compromise on the way, so you’ll still be twisting the truth for a while yet.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Taps, how close minded and narrow can you be.

Mukhulani and his board have been thieving and destroying the game for years. We are not upset with them over this one incident, but their years of thievery and skullduggery that has led to the constant decline of cricket in Zimbabwe. You only need to listen to his interview to realise how much he does not care about cricket and how much he has destroyed the game. There also has been evidence that he asked for ZC suspension.

Political game or not, people like you and encore are to blame as well. You support such regimes and do not hold them accountable.

Now that we have been replaced from the T20 qualifiers, the SRC should not cave in and should take these guys to the cleaners. Can't imagine there would be much for us to play now and ZC board will obviously blame SRC for that and everyone will forget about how terrible a board they are.

it is also clear that the ICC wanted to suspend us. They have been trying to for years. They were looking for a reason to replace us.

Guess we will see players retire now. The same old will hang about. Looks like Hammy, Elton and Richie are about to become the core of the team.

Extremely sad day. I'm shattered.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I wish I had more footage of old Zimbabwe matches to watch. Wont much be much to watch going forward.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

And it’s the same old story where I’m almost prepared to bet that the ICC allocated money specifically for the women, and what’s been allocated, what’s been spent and what remains will not add up.
$1.9million a year is supposed to be set aside for womens cricket in Zim. They will be lucky if they get 50k!

As for tapsc saying SRC broke the rules, ZC have been breaking rules, the law and players hearts and peoples livlihoods for years. DIdn't hear you whinging and whining then

We all knew that ZC would burn the place down to the ground rather than cede power. Just like we all know Zanu will do the same in government.
Your continued backing of corruption and enabling the muku morons has led us here.
I doubt you will get that because your ability to see is blinded by misguided loyalty.
Of course the players had the real power but dollar signs destroyed their souls.

Let me sum up the stupid morons at ZC with a story...langton the umpire who has worked hard on his skills and put in own time and money went of to West Indies a few years ago after our season had finished to umpire for their tourney and was paid real well by WI.
ZC refused to pay him what he was owed from his Zim umpiring as he made enough money already overseas.
Special kind of stupid.

For the game of cricket and the shambles Zim has been and will continue to go down...better off getting a competing nation involved than us.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
The worst part about this is that they obviously have inside sources and they were told that this was probably going to happen today. This is why there is now suddenly a deal. Now we have to go with our tails between our legs to beg the ICC to reconsider. All for what in the end?

This is not on Mukuhlani. As much as guys dont like him this is not on him. He didnt break the rules here. We all know who did
Although you do make many good and valid points here in on the forum in isolation, including recently, added up I do get the feeling (as others have alluded to) that you do seem to be behind the board and are death riding the people looking to make positive change. You’re looking for the ‘I told you so’ moments. This is just feedback.
The big thing for me is you don’t seem to be very intent on holding the board accountable for their whole tenure, even though I don’t think you condone them. Remember they have caused the situation we are in. Through thievery or just general apathy and bad management.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Muuhlani has been in charge since 2015. Guys I am begging you to drop 1 piece of corruption from then until now? Then maybe I will change my opinion. If not you guys are barking. Show me how he stole then we can talk? What actual evidence do you have over the last 4 years of theft? Are you saying Taibu Streak and the ICC appointed MD saw these guys steal and said nothing? If we had qualified last year and Streak was still there would you have been complaining? Would you have been ok with ZC being suspended right after we qualified?

This is where I think you guys are hypocrites. When Mukuhlani accused Alistair Campbell of being corrupt and wanting ZC to pay his child's falcon school fees did you ever investigate? I am pretty sure it was ZIMDOGGY who asked where this evidence of AC corruption is? Why does he keep going back to work with the same thieves if he is a clean man?

You guys all choose to talk about this corruption ignoring the strict measures the ICC put in place to stop it. Over the last year how much money was stolen by Mukhuhlani Jimmy? Dont forget there is a difference between the board and admin. Bvute is already feeling the heat.

The SRC are not a God annointed body and an agreement is already there so I heard. They were never going to follow through.

I really honestly did believe the corruption stories about Mukuhlani specifically until now guys. Im sorry to disappoint you. I couldnt believe it when I saw the police not arresting 1 person with the SRC in a position of power and the president's son in law in charge also with police sealing off the ICC offices

Dont get me wrong I hate corruption with every bone in my body. I dont even pay to jump fuel lines. The problem I have here with this is that the strategy was all wrong and people backed us doing the wrong thing to achieve an outcome they want. Do you think those police officers guarding the highlands office were not corruptly paid to do that? Supporting 1 form of corruption to stop another.

I feel like hatred for the current board has blinded peoppe to the point where you want us to self destruct. Before you say I dont offer an alternative here is what I would have done. Get them arrested FIRST.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 am
TapsC wrote:
The worst part about this is that they obviously have inside sources and they were told that this was probably going to happen today. This is why there is now suddenly a deal. Now we have to go with our tails between our legs to beg the ICC to reconsider. All for what in the end?

Although you do make many good and valid points here in on the forum in isolation, including recently, added up I do get the feeling (as others have alluded to) that you do seem to be behind the board and are death riding the people looking to make positive change. You’re looking for the ‘I told you so’ moments. This is just feedback.
The big thing for me is you don’t seem to be very intent on holding the board accountable for their whole tenure, even though I don’t think you condone them. Remember they have caused the situation we are in. Through thievery or just general apathy and bad management.
You might be right here when I think about it. To keep a long story short maybe I should just say my main point here and stop from now. Im getting lost in paragraphs. It now looks like I support people I dont

THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Corruption takes many forms Taps, but also don't let facts get in the way.

Mukhulani was part of the Bvute/Chingoka team in 04/05 that took over. That board went through an illegal constitution change, expelling of life members, and engaging in embezzlement and blatant racism. That in itself is enough grounds for such people to be banned from ZC for life.

Corruption also takes the form of unpaid salaries (players and staff). Remember that groundsmen for the WCQ were not paid from the ICC money allocated.

Instead of barking on about the failure to pay players, the terrible working conditions and support, the stolen funds used to pay wives and family, and the persistent abuse of racism, I am only going to ask, what about the ZC failing to follow their own constitution in the recent election they had?

They broke rules of their own constitution. Does that not smack of corruption and a need for investigation?

You say you do not support the board, yet at every opportunity to fight against them, you have not. You are a supporter of them on Facebook, and on this forum, even after Mukhulani has said that he does not care about the sport, the game and the development of it. He has blatantly said he has better things to do and that should be the first sign that this man does not have the players nor the game at heart.