Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Post by Googly »

A dashing 150 from Ed B and a circumspect but match winning 100 from Nick W yesterday in club. Serious players.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:37 pm
A dashing 150 from Ed B and a circumspect but match winning 100 from Nick W yesterday in club. Serious players.
They would be handy inclusions indeed .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Eddie back to back hundreds for Somerset Seconds yesterday and today. That’s not been done too often.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That will be enough to get him back into Ones I reckon, he’s been plundering in twos and club.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Trescothic has retired now so you'd think Eddie might take his spot??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’s retiring at the end of the season. Somerset will at least give him his final game in Ones for the correct send off. Ed has done enough to justify promotion now, but the firsts are winning so there will be reluctance to change that. Eddie’s big mistake has always been to bat too slowly but you can see he’s changing that. That mind set has made them think he’s only a red ball player when in fact he can play all formats, he’s damned good. I’ve watched him a lot on this live stream they use and technically he’s excellent, plus has a damned good hand eye. He’s got a bright future. He’s in that betwixt and between place where he’s now dominating in twos but hasn’t made it first time around in ones. I think this next time around he’ll go well. The guy competing for the same spot is Green by the looks of things.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m assuming some of you saw Byrom’s debut T20 innings against Surrey night before last?
Unbelievable. A match winning (Banton did the early damage) 56 off 19 I think it was. Puts to bed once and for all the notion that he’s a red ball player. Every decent player has a few career defining moments and I think this was one of them, they will now take him very seriously in all formats and he’ll get the exposure he deserves.
This Tom Banton lad may well be the best T20 prospect in world cricket at the moment. He didn’t look fantastic against spin, but good luck to the seamers bowling at this guy when he’s seeing it big, he can do stuff that is beyond the reach of mere mortals. That reverse sweep six off Curran was extraordinary, there was a moment’s silence after that, like what did we just see?

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:16 am
I’m assuming some of you saw Byrom’s debut T20 innings against Surrey night before last?
Unbelievable. A match winning (Banton did the early damage) 56 off 19 I think it was. Puts to bed once and for all the notion that he’s a red ball player. Every decent player has a few career defining moments and I think this was one of them, they will now take him very seriously in all formats and he’ll get the exposure he deserves.
This Tom Banton lad may well be the best T20 prospect in world cricket at the moment. He didn’t look fantastic against spin, but good luck to the seamers bowling at this guy when he’s seeing it big, he can do stuff that is beyond the reach of mere mortals. That reverse sweep six off Curran was extraordinary, there was a moment’s silence after that, like what did we just see?
I think that was his first ever Twenty20 match. Reminds one of Gary Ballance. Having been written off as a red ball player early, he set off like a house on fire in ListA and Twenty20. I recall his mondblowing hitting during ZIM's own Stanbic T20 too. Some were eventually swayed to chuck him into ENG's ODI side, plus his red ball form was more than decent. Anyway, the rest they say is history.
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

After an early nick off last game Eddie B blisters Essex with another fantastic innings. These are not just flashes in the pan, he’s making this look really easy.

CharlesFup
Supports: Southern Rocks

Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Post by CharlesFup »

Nick was a class act and Im sure known by all as one of the best of the best from the Seaboard merger. Those who were able to cross paths with him were truly blessed.

Dickson