Has our forum died

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Has our forum died

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:56 am
I'm here fellas. Just riding out the doom. I am committed to Zim regardless. Just not interested in the garbage posts or the trolls. The Dogg is right. If there is any cricket it will be followed on the cricket forum.
+1.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:47 am
oh yeah,
another thing that hasnt helped forum patronage is the sign up rules.
Need ten posts approved, and the admins arent always here.

Iget why, its to stop spambots and trolls. The side effect though is less new members that leave in frustration. They arent roped in and hooked.
+1.
robbocricket wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:09 am
I'ld reduce it to two posts (or three at the most) and after that you get on right away.
+1.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:09 pm
It’s a good place to visit if you’re feeling inexplicably happy and want to ground yourself, that’s for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I still visit every day but I find myself with little reason to post. What are we really following at this stage? There is no cricket being played and I am less interested in administrative politics.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC players and staff voted overwhelmingly for this, they’ve clearly stated they wish to play as little cricket as possible under the poorest and most corrupt Adminstration that significant money can buy. They have their wish. I was nothing but sympathetic to their plight, but I will now watch with some indifference as we grind to a halt. It would have been a miracle save with the best administrators possible, but now it’s done and dusted. I do hope that the small handful of guys with some ability can make careers elsewhere or see out what’s left here, and it’s finite, a few short years at most.

totoro

Post by totoro »

I feel like Forums and social media sites are slowly dying. some of my friends are completely leaving Facebook and other sites, and forums are pretty boring to be honest.

The only reason I stay is to read posts from Googly, CrimsonAvenger, sloandog and eugene. I don't even have the site bookmarked anymore. :(

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I visit the forum all the time, but the activity has died a bit, so hard to really keep posting.

I don't think I will leave, but it is hard to sit and watch and the ZC go backwards and the rest of the world take over us. Was looking forward to the T20 world cup as I was thinking I could go watch a few zim games, but now that that won't happen, I'm not even pumped for that.

Feel like there is a lot of good lads on here, but often the usual miscreants rear themselves and spoil it for everyone else too.

encore

Post by encore »

Can't be much encouraging to read this thread when the debit order for your hosting fee is about to go through...

Voice of reason.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

I am still here too folks. I jump on at least once a week to see what is happening but I am not always logged in and rarely post.

As someone else has said, there isn't much to post about which is very sad.

If you guys don't already, there are a few good active facebook pages you can follow. "Zimbabwe school cricket" and also the "Heath Streak Cricket Acedemy" to follow some of the youngsters coming through.

Cricket is definitely not dead here, just the politics and greediness of some so called executives are stifling the game at a national level.