Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement

Post by zimbos_05 »

encore wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:24 am

Perfect template of how the history of Africa is written by non-Africans!
Hey guys. So this guy said this, but he didn't actually say it. It's all lies. Even though there is proof that he said it, it's still lies. Thanks

Congrats jaybro!!!!! Awesome news. Wishing you guys all the best.

Googly

Post by Googly »

At least put a picture of your mate Malema instead of a non African like MF :lol:
How’s the xenophobic genocide going your side? Get any Zimbos? :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Revenge attacks against South Africans in Zambia as we speak. What’s the all-African take on that?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I can answer- as Malema said- at least kill some whites, Indians and Chinese, why just target the black guys?
And target white capital for daring not to invest.
What’s your opinion?

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

There is no Xenophobia or genocide in South Africa. Mostly illegals causing havoc and strain. Our African brothers and sisters are being very dishonest for trying to paint a diffrent narrative. South Africans are reacting normaly as expected - even though it is essentially abnormal. Any talk of killings is a lie. But it WILL gt there very soon.

For a long time I was mostly either rural and urban middle class. Not that I was completey absent, but I was very limited to day-to-day exposure in townships and inner-city as the years went by. But I made a conscious effort to be part of that. Even bought some low-cost properties around. It's shocking! I will focus on adult Zimbabweans in South Africa:

WOMEN:
a) 70% are cheap dirty prostitutes
b) 5% hard core criminals - pickpockets, shoplifters, conwomen etc
c) 15% working as exploited waiters in restaurants, maids, child minders, farm workers, shop assistants, cleaners etc
d) 5% are poor, broken, beggars, or honest hawkers and lowly self employed eg selling cooked food
e) 2% are ringleaders in trafficking rings - supplying poor desperate rural Zimbabweans as slave labourers to farmers, contractors
f) 3% are legitimate business owners, or reasonably employed as eg teachers, nurses, admin etc
MEN:
a) 75% common city theives, conmen, armed hijackers or cash-in-transit heists, conmen, illegal miners, atm card scammers etc
b) 10% lowly paid security guards and menial contractors eg human trenchers
b) 5% working as exploited waiters in restaurants, gardeners, farm workers, shop assistants, cleaners, car washes, self employed rep&maint etc
c) 3% are ringleaders in trafficking rings - supplying poor desperate rural Zimbabweans as slave labourers to farmers, contractors
d) 5% are legitimate business owners, or reasonably employed as doctors, teachers, engineers, technicians, admin etc, or consultants

At least Zimbabweans are to some extent more acknowledged than Malawians, Mozambicans, Nigerians, Congolese because eg they do get employed at homes and businesses more than the rest. Plus, Zimbabweans are more diverse than Somalis, Ethiopians, Chinese, Bangladeshis and Pakistanis(eg not limited to fake goods shops, drugs, bouncers, delivery bikes, human trafficking and workshops/chop shops). Funny that you mention Zambians and revenge-attacks. Zambians (and Tanzanians) are by far the most dignified, formal and legal. Either running legitimate businesses, private practices as eg doctors, or gainfully employed as eg Accountants. Then again it would explain in part why they want to take the moral high ground.

My personal extended experience at a professional level with Zimbabweans has only been with males, and strictly in business. They are focused, ruthless and far more capitalist than ANY race or ethnicity that I've ever come across in my entire life. Serial speculators and instant profits or returns! Here and now - forget about the next minute never mind the next day or hour. Unfortunately they are also not generous, and incredibly selfish - towards their own kind too except those they benefit from! Which explains why - sanctions and ZANU aside - Zimbabwe is in part the way it is, despite having had a more solid foundation in terms of infrastructure, skilled human resources, social stability and no wars compared to most other parts of Africa.

Just like our stupid Constitution - the dumbest in the world - we have by far the most liberal refugee laws in the world. My position is, for anyone:
1. You want to visit, visit for a limited time up to 3 months with proof of funds to survive, and proof of accomodation/residence at a legal place under a legal person
2. If you want to open a business, fine, pay taxes etc and strictly employ South Africans.
3. If you want to work, fine, as long as it's a scarce skill like nuclear physicist or one in short supply like doctor etc
4. No assylum/refugee status for ANY African, Asian, European or American etc.
5. You have a child, don't hold out for SA citizenship, get them citizenship in your home country before they grow up informaly documented/illegal.
6. You make use of Public Services like clinics and hospitals for surgery and medication - pay! They are underfunded and meant for poor South Africans not you.
7. Everything else voetsek!

I personally don't care which South African businesses in other parts of Africa are looted or burnt down. In fact I encourage it. Burn them all!!! I long divested - shares etc from a lot of these entities. My portfolio is a bit more "principled" if I can call it that. The exploitative corporates can suffer, I like that. The people who will suffer are the younger generation pensioners via PIC/GEPF 20 years from now. They let their fund managers invest in tax evaders, base erosion and profit-shifters like Christo Wiese, Johann Rupert, Brian Joffe, Koos Bekker etc businesses not black business. So let them suffer for it.

You see a Pakistani, Chinese or Bangladeshi practising racism, you can be certain it's 70% most likely towards a Zimbawean man, and 25% towards a Malawian man, 5% other. Then you begin to ask yourself hard, painful questions.

Generaly, all women in South Africa are endangered. Majority being black women. But for me the lowest human being in South Africa is a Zimbabwean woman. My heart sincerely aches for them the most. To die of poverty in Zimbabwe(which won't happen because you have land for subsistence), is better than to sell your body for just us$2< and be treated worse than a dog! I am told, that even Nigerian street pimps don't want them anymore because they are worthless and bad for business image. Zimbabwean men need to stand up for their women and rebuild their country. This is unacceptable.

Malema is a fool. Some of us thought he would be an outlet for our youth - even supported EFF through funds and ideologies. Instead he went to whites in Cape Town and asked them for money so he could help to restrain Blacks - mostly the same youth and students. then covertly went to the UK to cement that relationship. He's relatively succeeded in fulfilling the role he applied for, as most of the youth even apathetic ones subscribe to his mental manipulation which is just pretence but that support hit a ceiling and is fast reducing. He is becoming more and more confused and slowly losing the battle to retain relevance oveer that group. 2019-2020 will be make or break for him. 2021 Local Government Elections will be his biggest fight and judge. I see DA and FF+ suffocating him.
Voice of reason.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Guys, how difficult is it to stick to Hamilton Masakadza on this thread?

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:00 pm
Guys, how difficult is it to stick to Hamilton Masakadza on this thread?
Absolutely, some of the stuff on here now is just total bollocks, we can't even have a thread on here about a retirement without someone picking a make believe XI, fucking childish and pathetic, no wonder the forum is a carbon copy of Zim cricket

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sorry gents. In my defense cricket is almost taking a back seat to the political and economic upheavals happening in our region, we really are at crisis point and most of us are extremely worried. I’m enjoying battering that evil opportunist and racist Malema whom Encore has gone from hero-worshipping to being vaguely embarrassed about, I’m thinking it’s possible Encore has fraternized with one of our $2 ladies and has contracted a mind altering illness :lol: You could of course pay them slightly more so they were less exploited than if they’re earning a few hundred Rand a night as damned good waitresses if it makes you feel any better :lol:
I’m following an interesting debate on Twitter where people are suddenly admitting they’re not really from here after all and it’s getting delightfully heated for the Shona guys after its been pointed out that they’re actually from East Africa :lol: , which we all knew, and we’re wondering if we can’t have our land back which was illegally stolen from us :lol:
The help yourself pie has gotten so small that the real fighting is about to begin.

I guess I have to say something about Hammy or I’ll get shat on by everyone :lol:
I can only be skeptical of any new role he may assume, but let’s hope he grows a set and puts cricket before himself and his bosses.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I had been calling for his retirement several years ago. But realized that he was still one of the top 5 or 6 batsmen in the country. He probably still is at age 36.

Masakadza will be missed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

I am neither here or there with Hamilton hardly know the guy so wont judge or criticise him. I just wonder if he had 30 or 40 more tests how good he could have been. I wonder if he had studied part time how much more he could have played and done. i believe he was a much better player in the longer formats and had the potential to be a limited overs bully locally. Its a sad case of Zim cricketers that they have lost so much time and opportunities to develop due to our horribly short season and our exclusion from main stream cricket.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always