Zimbabwe to tour Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Zimbabwe to tour Singapore

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Is anyone else struggling to care about any of this now? Playing some meaningless T20s against Singapore, yippee. It's basically game over for us at this level. We're an afterthought, a joke. The recent failed board coup sums the situation up completely. As we know, the current board is useless. And to top it off, their "challengers" were even more inept - we had faith that they could pull the rabbit out of the hat when in reality they showed that they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Is it not fair to say that Zim cricket is now dead?
eugene wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 am
Jakielmania! Getting Jakiel in the team has without a doubt been the longest selection campaign in ZCF history.
That's the one silver lining, hopefully he'll get an international cap to his name. It ties a bow around everything for us anyway.

Googly

Post by Googly »

An interesting inclusion is Tony Munyonga. I confess to not having seen him play and mean no disrespect to the guy, but they’ve picked him from the UK where he’s made some runs in lower division club cricket. :lol: :lol: Unless a player is in the prem division they should practically disregard their stats because the standard really drops off below Prem league.
That’s when you know the “system” you’ve created has failed miserably. You’ve got Murray waiting impatiently and probably for not much longer and a crazily talented youngster like Myers in the wings, and you’d probably persuade Muyeye to come on home if you gave him a direct entry. Let me keep explaining about Muyeye-
The most talented youngster I’ve seen in a long time and I watch a lot of cricket. What an unbelievably stupid waste, if you’re not going to go all out to snare a world class talent, and a black one at that, then there’s an agenda I really don’t understand.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There are English club sides that this side picked for Singapore would struggle against. There’s no point in ringing the changes with lesser players! :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve worked out why all the players voted in solidarity with ZC- they’ve realized that every single one of them is going to get a shot :lol:

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:32 pm
There are English club sides that this side picked for Singapore would struggle against. There’s no point in ringing the changes with lesser players! :lol:
Googly wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm
I’ve worked out why all the players voted in solidarity with ZC- they’ve realized that every single one of them is going to get a shot :lol:
https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket/sc ... nd-nl-2019
Unparalleled excellence by the favoured sons...
Unparalleled excellence by the favoured sons...
ZIM_NED_IRE.png (62.51 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
Voice of reason.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

encore wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:48 pm
Googly wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:32 pm
Googly wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm
https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket/sc ... nd-nl-2019

ZIM_NED_IRE.png
Good point, time for new selectors ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s not a question of any of our regulars being favoured sons, we just don’t have the players. They’re not denying a whole bunch of superstars languishing in FC some game time, they’re hoping for a miracle. Well that’s not true either, they just don’t care so long as the loot keeps rolling in and they stay in charge.