Warm Up Game : Zimbabwe XI V/s BCB XI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Warm Up Game : Zimbabwe XI V/s BCB XI

Post by jaybro »

The issue is the quality youngsters don’t seem interested in playing & the selectors are ignoring the ones who actually around & selecting the likes of Regis & Richmond.

You could easily field a well balanced side of youth & experience without compromising the results (which isn’t hard because the side is losing to everyone).

The experienced guys I’d keep around are

BT
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Chatara
Jarvis

The intermediate guys

Moor
Chisoro
Madziva
Burl
Tari
Chari

Youngsters

Kamunhukamwe
Mashinge
Mumba
Ngarava
Mavuta
Shumba
Munyonga
Murray
Wesley Medeherve
Rugare Magairira
Myers

That’s 22 guys who you could use for all 3 formats with more than enough experience and an eye on the future. Obviously if you have guys like Maruma or Jakiel who have exceptional seasons should still be considered, but selecting guys like Mpofu, Mutombodzi, Richmond or Regis without them really doing anything special makes no sense.

Totally discarding the old firm won’t help, in fact they’re the perfect example of why throwing too many youngsters into the deep end at once is a bad idea, their careers along with guys like Vusi, Stuey, Elton etc were handicapped by not having any experienced players to learn off.

You’re right about trying to entice guys like Blessing, Matigmu, Byron Welch etc back, but I’m not confident they want back.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Of those younger guys on your list you’ve got Shumba, who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, Myers and Murray who are possibly capable of making the step up, in particular Myers. We bizarrely, and no thanks to the people who keep deliberately trying to destroy our system, keep finding the odd supremely talented kid.

The others are ok club cricketers but we are wanting to win internationals not compete and be gracious perennial losers.

The problem is the people that pass themselves off as coaches and selectors need to get out and about and see what real talent looks like. In England I’ll find you 10 boys better than Myers, as good as he is, and maybe only because they’ve played so many games. There’s only one Muyeye though :lol:

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Ideally yes you’d bring back the likes of Muyeye but I’m just going off the guys who are currently in the system.

Really would be a shame if Shumba was lost to the game, I really liked the look of him, he did play a game or two in the T20 domestic competition.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement