Sri Lanka Replaces Zimbabwe in India Tour 2020

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Sri Lanka Replaces Zimbabwe in India Tour 2020

Post by sam_ahm »

Criminal by the BCCI. This is not good for Zimbabwe. I don't know what lies next?

Zimbabwe would do well to have boards like PCB on their side at least. They only board at the moment that will go against the BCCI is the PCB given the relation between both tha nations and may be CSA.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

There is a slight chance that the BCCI might have done this purely for financial benefits. Inviting Zimbabwe won't give them much returns, Sri Lanka is still a better option for them.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

encore wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 pm
South Africa have paid dearly for going against BCCI. To this day Haroon Lorgat's decision continues to hurt the finances of CSA.

We're now having to stop Franchise cricket, and move to just one big Provincial setup. Couldn't subsidise the early stages of our top T20 League too and had to scrap it.

I did say, Faisal Hasnain's decision will hurt ZC for years, and so it has proven. Many undermined it, but no matter how stubborn one is, the facts will never lie. And the last roll of the dice to reduce the India sting through the CWC failed dismally.

BCCI had no reason to exclude ZIM. Fulfilling the BD-AFG Tri-Series proved as much.

BCCI have set a very dangerous precedent for ZC through this decision. ICC neverprevented ZIM from playing international cricket, plus there is a court order.

BCCI demanded that Lorgat leave CSA. What is their price for ZC? Surely Mlotshwa and Kirsty are aware of it or have been made aware of it. Was it rejected? Is it Mukuhlani's head for a given name so he didn't tell them? That Hasnain must come back and fix his mess.
Hhm 101- blame the only non-black for all their problems 😂😂😂
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

Zimbabwe will be saved from some embarrasing defeats at least.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

If it’s any consolation, the 1st India v Sri Lanka T20I last night was washed out.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:18 pm
If it’s any consolation, the 1st India v Sri Lanka T20I last night was washed out.
:lol: :D

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

And the 2nd one has been terribly one sided.

I don't think Zimbabwe could have done any worse.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Some good individual performances from Sri Lanka in the 3rd T20 but India basically had the game won after the first 10 overs.

I reckon Zim would have had similar performances. Sadly, a missed opportunity and not sure if it will be rescheduled.