SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by encore »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:29 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, If ever there was a requirement of proof that Hhm has a vindictive, racial agenda against the past and remaining white members of Zimbabwean Cricket, this pathetic thread can safely be used as evidence.

It's really embarrassing you've got nothing better to do with your time than search through past games, and stats, just make a point that the demise of Zimbabwean Cricket is due to the white man. In praising Chigumbura as our greatest ever match winner you've shown, again, your tunnel vision. I'll agree Chigs was one of my favorites back in the day, because he actually performed. Since his hibernation into the useless cricketing sloth he's become, I have no interest in him at all; he doesn't bowl, can't bat and doesn't seem interested. 2004-2008/09 he had something about him.
In calling Sean Williams Zimbabwe's biggest loser you've shown, again, your tunnel fucking vision! FACT

And lastly, calling out Streak is disrespectful beyond words.

Get a fucking life you absolute LOSER!
Come on, this is just low Sloan. Stick to facts. Elton Chigumbura has incredible wins for not just ZIM but Northamtonshire too. He's peerless in Zimbabwe. Ben Stokes' stats will never be in top 20 never mind top 10 lists, but he's matchwinner who'll be remembered more than some statistical greats. Even in that famous T20 win, Chigumbura got both Hayden and Gilchrist. Apart from Symo, which other destructive batsman remained? Some would argue he won the match that day. There are plenty other instances with the bat and ball.

Facts are facts, and Heath & Sean simply haven't had it easy. Period! I've boldly told you guys that a lot of the low points for ZIM cricekt were actually due to players you least expect and I was roundly criticised. Don't blame me for putting it in black and white, while having freely insulted me over time for highlighting a basic fact. Respond with facts.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with being divisive etc. Honestly, how many would have even considered Chatara next to Taibu and Hami had I not argued his case lately?

I've been around this game for a very very very long time, and picked up a bat and ball before you were even born, and believe you me, sooner or later you will acknowledge that those very players I refer to are not T20 players whether you like to or not and be surprised when ZIM win with weaker players. Remember, the same was said of a hyped up Grat Flower who wasn't so bad in County Cricket limited overs, but he realised that he couldn't even match the likes of young Chatara and Sauramba in ZIM's T20 set up then.

It's got nothing to do with race. You are probably the kind of selector who would take Khawaja to SL/IND ahead of Handscomb because you feel AUS can't afford to drop Ussie's quality. Is it discriminatory to pick Mawoyo/Vusi/Chakabva in an away Test match ahead of Taylor? Is it discriminatory to pick Mawoyo/Vusi/Chakabva in a live rubber ahead of Sean Williams? Is it discriminatory if I open my bowling with Chisoro and leave for Usteya for th emiddle overs and powerplays then leave Cremer completely out of the XI? Is it discriminatory if I pick Elton Chigumbura to bat my Super Over ahead of Andy Flower? You decide!

Facts tell me Sean Williams is a loser, and that Heath Streak has been involved in a lot of lows and that a lot of former players(white) he betrayed enjoy a lot of his lows and can't stand him.

What are your facts?
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Literally no one is arguing that Chigumbura won that match against Aus because he only scored 4 in the run chase. Literally all the plaudits went to BT from all the fans and the media. Only those with agendas like yours are finding excuses for Vusi and Elton.

You keep bringing up Heath when there is no need. You clearly are obsessed.

Everyone on this forum likes Chatara. No one has ever derided him. You just have your head stuck too far up your arse to see what others write.

Did you know how to hold the bat, or were you distracted by the bright colours of the stickers on it?

To be honest, Khawaja and Handscomb could both have a spot in the team, you just drop Marsh. Khawaja also just scored a 138 yesterday in a One Day game, and averages 40 in tests...sooooo, just saying. It is discriminatory to pick them ahead of Williams in a live rubber (this is a weird term, is every game not a live rubber). All the players you want, are past it. Mawoyo is a commentator. Utseya has retired. Vusi only perform locally. Elton is past his best by...it is discriminatory to keep picking players that have not earned their spot and are only picked because of connections.

Please do not even compare Elton to the greatest batsman Zim has produced. Two separate eras and style of player, and one was actually ranked number 1 in the world, at a time when the likes of Kallis, Tendulkar, Waugh, Lara, Hussain, Jayasuriya were all players.

Facts have been given to counter you. You ignore them. You clearly have a personal agenda against Heath. You clearly have an agenda against white people as a whole. You are part of the problem and when Zim cricket is completely dead, you will be the first to cry because you are not getting your payments.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

To be fair the umpires dudded us with the Richmond call. That is not outside and a no ball we win.

On a broader scale, this is what happens when you don’t have the Taylor and rasa and a two front line bowlers, in case people want to say they are overpaid.

When the Raza, BT,Ervine and Williams veneer of competitively is gone this is what happens.

Williams was there and he made a fifty in alcoholic owing cause from like 25 balls. Imagine if he wasn’t there ?

And selection was horrible. That isn’t close to our best team we can field- even With the main players out. Who is that’s Tony guy?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If we had any sense, our top team would look like this.

1. Byron
2. Welch
3. Ervine
4. BT
5. Williams
6. Raza
7. Munyeye

Our A team would look like this.

Regis
Musakanda
burl
Butchart
Rouse
Mutimbodzi
Richmond
Murray

And we have Maruma and Chari as backups.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I didn’t even think about Blessing, the shit Curran and Higgins.

We are a test country, getting test funding and we are losing to Singapore, an amateur team, while we have literally a team full of county players playing 1st 11. Most having no hope of playing international for the UK.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This must be worse than the loss to Uganda surely.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

The shit Curran :lol: that’s harsh. He’s a damned good player. Someone who knows Higgins mentioned on here that he had no intention of coming back here, and he probably doesn’t, he’s spent most of his life there and probably has England ambitions. He had a good season last year, but will need to back that up with another good one and he might be in the running for the Lions.
I just want to see the coaching staff sacked :lol: :lol: we’ve had a string of shocking losses and by rights they should be gone. They tick all the boxes for the Board though, they’re yes men, shamwaris with everyone and they’re one big happy family. I fear they’re here to stay, it’s not about winning or losing anymore, it’s about consolidation of power and longevity. ICC have sent the message that they’re not worried about losses and ZC have clutched that straw with extreme gratitude.
I see Klusener is the new Afghan coach, that can’t be an easy job. He likes fishing, there’s no water there, but definitely more than there is in Harare :lol: We’re like Afghanistan but without the cricketers. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I didn’t know Eltie played for Northants? Tell me more Oh Spin Doctor. He’s a decent player that’s for sure.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

That's very funny Googly. Why do you think Elton is Zimbabwe's only real superstar since Andy Flower and Paul Strang?

Completely lit up the Bangladesh Premier League T20 with bat&ball one time too with his unrivalled finishing. Thoroughly outbowled and outbatted a lot of big names to, never mind his Zimbabwean peers. Elton has just been unfortunate with all the politics and his assumed proximity to Chingoka/Bvute by virtue long-term captaincy. Otherwise, despite availability issues because ZIM played more and he was a centrally contracted captain, Elton should have gotten way more T20 gigs - even if it was a few games - over the years were it not for the 'principled' coaches. That's why it's funny when people get worked up about Raza in the now poor T20 competitions with junk bowlers sometimes. Elton slayed in these things ages ago against proper quality, and would have if IND, NZ, AUS and ENG gave him other chances at his peak.

Man of the Match. Brilliant bowling and batting. Running 25runs from 23 balls!
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/805 ... ard/435823
EltonNorthants.png
EltonNorthants.png (40.4 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Show me a T20 bowling economy rate better than this in England from any import/Kolpak - Abbott, Morkel, Pattinson, Siddle, Streak, Amir you name them, never mind Jarvis
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/805 ... t-t20-2010
EltonNorthantsBowling.png
EltonNorthantsBowling.png (6.92 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Peerless hitting!
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/805 ... t-t20-2010
EltonNorthantsBatting.png
EltonNorthantsBatting.png (14 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Other notable - https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/805 ... t-t20-2010.

If Northants got Chigumbura earlier, batted & bwled him higher they probably would've won that competition. Period!

NB: Notice how Northants, way back then, used Chaminda Vaas as an opener in T20s? Today ZIM is opening with Regis Chakabva for crying out loud, and even talking about Ryan Burl opening. You guys are so behind times it's not even funny. :roll:
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I just don't think he can read to be honest. I mean. If he an pull up stats from 9 years ago, then you might as well argue for Zim to pick players for the 80's and 90's.....oh wait, hang on...