SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by Googly »

Oh and the South African brain drain-
And 50% of the skilled people leaving are black folk before you turn it into a racial thing. Your perpetual racist narrative just has no substance. I’m following the racist social media attacks on the white springboks this morning because no one wants to hug Mapimpi :lol: but really all they want to do is stand in numerical order, and you wonder why they want to go and play rugby in Italy, France and Japan? :lol:
Soon you, Julius and Eben are going to be the smartest guys left there, that’s if Eben isn’t imprisoned by the efforts of the Human Rights Commission who’ve turned a blind eye to the 4000 farm murders, but have focused their considerable resources on an angry giant that only a moron would antagonize.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly

Post by Googly »

Giles is the one who booted Flower as well.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 am
https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/604154

Here’s Matt Breetzke, the kid you don’t think is very good. :lol: Don’t worry you’re not alone, he’d be overlooked here as well.
It's good that he's been selected for SA A though, right? Shows he's being thought of.
Van Tonder is a stupid talent, as is Janneman Malan.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/201 ... ssion=true

And Kirsten loses the ECB job!
Kirsten is overrated!

This man had: Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, Gamhir, Bhaji, Khan, Vijay, Ishant and to a lesser extent Kumble, plus Yuvraj and Raina at their best. And yet, he somehow still managed to make all that talent the 2nd best side in the subcontintent. Sri Lanka were number 1!

Not even John Buchanan turned that Australia side into New Zealand's whipping boys.

With South Africa Kirsten continued to be Sri Lanka's bunny! Imagine the talent he had: Amla, Kallis, Smith, AB, Duminy , Alviro, Philander, Steyn, Morkel.

How does Buchanan get so much disrespect, yet Kirsten gets respect for all his failures? Pound for pound, those IND and SA sides were not far below those great AUS sides, but Kirsten underwhelmed with both at a time when AUS were arguably in decline.

England dodged a bullett. They have an unsettled Test side and lots of rebuilding to do. Kirsten has zero experience in that. He's cricket's version of a Carlo Ancelotti, a Pep Guardiola. He either inherits or buys success.
Voice of reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He has to be better than Nxaa

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

encore wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:26 am
Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/201 ... ssion=true

And Kirsten loses the ECB job!
Kirsten is overrated!

This man had: Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni, Gamhir, Bhaji, Khan, Vijay, Ishant and to a lesser extent Kumble, plus Yuvraj and Raina at their best. And yet, he somehow still managed to make all that talent the 2nd best side in the subcontintent. Sri Lanka were number 1!

Not even John Buchanan turned that Australia side into New Zealand's whipping boys.

With South Africa Kirsten continued to be Sri Lanka's bunny! Imagine the talent he had: Amla, Kallis, Smith, AB, Duminy , Alviro, Philander, Steyn, Morkel.

How does Buchanan get so much disrespect, yet Kirsten gets respect for all his failures? Pound for pound, those IND and SA sides were not far below those great AUS sides, but Kirsten underwhelmed with both at a time when AUS were arguably in decline.

England dodged a bullett. They have an unsettled Test side and lots of rebuilding to do. Kirsten has zero experience in that. He's cricket's version of a Carlo Ancelotti, a Pep Guardiola. He either inherits or buys success.
You're not a million miles off. I respect Kirsten for what he has achieved in SA, especially helping spread the game to the poorer parts of the country. However i must admit, the sides he coached had some of the best players in the generation of cricket, nation wide.

I'm quite happy that Chris Silverwood has been given the job

encore

Post by encore »

encore wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:33 am
Would be great if Oman pull it off!

Ireland need 65 from 43 balls with 2 wickets on hands.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/194 ... es-2019-20

Losing big, bowled out with over 5 overs remaining, is less shameful because you went out with Stirling and O'Brien your two best aggressive batsmen leading from the front. You will win far more than you lose with that mindset.
After Oman embarrassed Ireland, I see that Nepal have bashed the Dutch with bamboo.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/194 ... es-2019-20

As things stand, Italy at number 26 have a greater probability of catching Zimbabwe, than Zimbabwe have of getting to the number one spot.

I keep on trying to argue why Zimbabwe should transform quickly and aggressively, but certain forumites keep on wanting to translate it into an assault on their favourites or me being anti-white or hating on players. It's got nothing to do with that. Fact of the matter is Taylor, Williams, Craig, Raza, Burl, Moor and Jarvis are not suitable for this format, and the only direction for them is going down if they continue to be selected. If non-selection for T20s means most are unattractive options for central contracts then so be it. Bear in mind, you have no opposition to me stating firmly that neither are Regis, Mutumbami, Mutombodzi and Munyonga despite exhibiting chanceless innings with high strike rate. You only have opposition when I mention the former. I have also said Chatara will have to be replaced very fast. But in Mavuta and Wellington, ZIM are on the right track already in bowling, plus the likes of Magarira around, as well as the other youngsters Shumba, Roche and Madhevere in the pipeline.

Focus on the likes of Elton, Zhuwao, Musakanda, Kasuza, Kamunhukamwe etc in batting. Munyonga may yet prove himself, but Chari and Maruma have not had enough chances for judgement to be passed so it's only fitting that they get those chances because they have great track records.

And I used Pakistan and it's players as a reason because as an "isolated" nation(IPL pressuring ENG, SA, AUS, WI etc not to select too many Pakistanis), they knew they had to do something early to ensure their relevance, and they focused on their PSL. This is a brutal format in which they too could have easily been ranked 9th-12th had they not acted fast. ZIM don't have the luxury of their own competition. Only way their players will develop is through playing more. Against these low sides not much Points/Ratings will be lost in the short-term, plus there's the Africa Cup.

Players who are naturally positive and attacking in their batting and bowling approach, or very economical, is the ONLY way Zimbabwe will avoid sinking into oblivion. It's not ZC-SRC battle that will sink ZIM, or the Test they hardly ever play, and the ODI Championship where they have seniors (eg BT & Craig) who can score a lot of runs for the odd win. It is in T20Is where falling outside of the Top 20 may force the issue on ICC.

Save this post, and let's talk in 2 years time. Zimbabwe will regress badly in T20s with Taylor, Williams, Craig, Raza, Burl, Moor and Jarvis. Raza will be 34 in a few weeks - what chance does he have of improving his international T20 record? NONE! Why bother?

1. I told you voting against BCCI was a disaster, Hasnain messed up, you will regret for years to come, many laughed o rgot upset, and guess what ZIM hasn't earned a single dollar from India in years, and no extra income since.
2. I told you ZIM shouldn't pay over the odds for BT and KJ. It was a mistake and you wouldn't qualify for the CWC you argued and it came true. Instead, by not appreciating what you already had, you lost Muzarabani, plus 2yrs of Panyangara who was easily ZIM's best bowler by far, and proved it in all of his last matches in each format.
3. For years I told you SRC have absolutely no leg to stand on to take on ZC, and that the Hoggs and DEBs would be of no value either. You argued otherwise. Now every national side for men and women, plus u19s and officlas like umpires have suffered. You got kicked out of the CWC, denied of money that was meant for you, being given money by Bangladesh to fulfill your commitments just like beggars and domestic season delayed. To cap it all off, led by a loved 33 year old and experienced Sean Williams, were embarrassed by Singapore. He couldn't even register a ton in 4 innings from #3 against such low opposition - the kind a maligned Vusi, Matsi, Dabengwa and Mutizwa would have smashed with ease.

So mark my words, ZIM will achieve absolutely nothing in this format with unsuitable players. Let's talk in 12-24 months. You have more time in ODIs, but T20s are an entirely different ball game!

ADAPT OR DIE!
https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/me ... kings/t20i
T20RankingsAssociates.png
T20RankingsAssociates.png (47.12 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

@encore You come on here making essay like posts arguing about team selection as if it is the forum that picks the team.

The forum has been arguing for you years over terrible selections. You have an issue with selection, take it up with your mates on the selection panel, and the administrators at the top forcing selections.

The one thing we will never agree on, you demand selections at the expense of quality players, not under-performing. The players you also want to bring in have terrible stats, such as Sauramba over Murray.

You are not some messiah. You are also not doing any good by continually accusing the forum of being responsible for Zim performances. You are driven by race, and that leads you to go on rants and create pointless threads to build your ego.

encore

Post by encore »

After a weak Proteas T20 XI shared the spoils with India, a very weak Sri Lanka side is beating Pakistan 2-0 at home

GAME 2
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... an-2019-20

GAME 1
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/195 ... an-2019-20

Just look at the Strike Rates!

Pakistan taking Sri Lanka for granted, and trying to use this Series to see if their "less T20 like batsmen" can come good. It never works. Like I said, Shehzad and Babar in the same XI, and worse in the top 3 is a recipe for disaster. Bad start for Misbah and Safraz. They will get their World Cup squad right, but this tour has just strengthened Sri Lanka. Guys who opted against going to Pakistan have competition now. It will only strenghten Sri Lanka.

The World Cup is a year away but already one can tell it will be the most exciting and competitive CWC ever, and Australian pitches will give everyone a chance. Tough to choose a City. Two games for SA in Sydney, one vs England but the other unconfirmed except more than a week later. But "rural" Perth is a better bet and cheaper(?) - SA v IND and AUS v WI a few days later. More sensible and arguably the best 5days compared to most with at least ENG and AFG there too.
Voice of reason.