Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by zimbos_05 »

eugene wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 am
South Africa's decline is sadder than Zimbabwe's. Zimbabwe was never going to be a worldbeater and would always battle against the big boys. South Africa however could be the best in the world, instead they are serving up garbage and politicized team selections. The trend is only down since the more aggressive quotas have been introduced. Bavuma and Muthusamy would be lucky to make the Zimbabwe side. Also, what is all the fuss about Markram, I can't remember when I last saw him score big against a quality bowling attack. Is he really the next great SA batsman?
I think Zim was actually on a decent path. We had a good side and brilliant academy. We had players coming through the system, plus remember we lost a few to other countries. In a different world they would have stayed and we would definitely be a top 5 side at the least i'd say.

Markram was once touted as the next captain and being groomed for the role. I remember once when I was in SA, they were talking of him and Bavuma as the next best things and having KG and LN as the pace bowlers and QDK as wk, that they had a solid structure and enough depth to have players around them. Not looking the case now. Quotas will always find a way to screw things up somehow.
Black Mamba wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 am
Ban will be lifted...but big question wheather culprits will be punished whose actions caused Zimbabwe to miss global tournament like T20 Qualifiers.
I'm curious who you blame for Zims downfall

Googly

Post by Googly »

Black Mamba wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 am
Ban will be lifted...but big question wheather culprits will be punished whose actions caused Zimbabwe to miss global tournament like T20 Qualifiers.
He jeopardized our membership and asked for us to be suspended to hang onto power at any cost and nothing will happen to him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s a bit early to get the knives out for Markram, TDB and Bavuma. Only a top side is going to hold their own in India, let alone win.
Markram still averages 40 and Bavuma will probably get a stay of execution. I actually like Bavuma as a bat, he’s a decent player and a superb fielder, but in an ordinary world he’d be sent down. Cricket is a horrible sport when things are not going your way, each failure makes the next outing doubly difficult.
They’ve got Hamza and Klaasen in the wings, not sure who else.
When you’re in a weakened side it makes it so hard to perform, which just shows that although it’s individual, it’s also a team game.
What a reminder of how good Flower was!! He must have had the strongest mind in world cricket.
The real test for these guys will be the next home series.
That tiff between Rabada and De Kock is being brushed aside by the South African commentators, but I think there’s a bit more to it than that, theirs is not a happy dressing room. Also I mentioned the really poor body language Du Plessis had when he was talking to Nkwe (the coach).
I did say that we could mark the date of their demise at the WC, not that that makes me a soothsayer, for us on the ground that have lived through what’s happening down there it’s obvious how it’s going to end, it’s only about the depth of shit and how long it will take.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I've seen a bit of Hamza on TV and he looks a pretty good player. South Africa are wasting time on De Bruyn and Bavuma, instead Hamza and Van Der Dussen should be in the line up.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Bavuma will stay. He won't get shafted that easily. The problem is that CSA is trying to appease so many different things that they are not picking their best squad. They did in the 2015 world cup semi final too when they dropped Abbott for Vernon. No reason to drop Abbott and Vernon was not 100%. It essentially could be argued that that cost them the game. That was probably the tipping point for Abbott to leave

CSA does not know their strongest XI. They have two or three players that are certainties, but then they are juggling too much to meet too many different requirements, they are causing their own issues.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well that’s when you hand pick selectors that can be manipulated by people from the outside who have an agenda. We’re way past that, but CSA are actually slightly different...so far. They are used to winning and know they at least have players to put up a fight. Maybe a good beating will make those people with agendas back off a bit.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

Can somebody please update me on what the quota rule is now?

It’s changed a bit.
Last I heard was you needed 6 non whites in the team and at least two have to be African American. But averaged out over a year?

I heard something recently that they are concerned only black bowlers are being churned out so they might introduce a rule that at least one batsman in the national team needs to be African American too? Because they aren’t getting a go at present.

Nate646
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Nate646 »

chesterton wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:12 pm

It’s changed a bit.
Last I heard was you needed 6 non whites in the team and at least two have to be African American. But averaged out over a year?
African American??? Am I the only one bothered by people calling non-American black people African-Americans?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:

It’s changed a bit.

I heard something recently that they are concerned only black bowlers are being churned out so they might introduce a rule that at least one batsman in the national team needs to be African American too? Because they aren’t getting a go at present.
16 posts left

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 am
chesterton wrote:

It’s changed a bit.

16 posts left
Didn’t your parents and teachers at school teach you NOT to be a bully all the damn time?