Forum memories thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chesterton

Forum memories thread

Post by chesterton »

In a year that carries more nostalgia than action, I thought I would create a thread just for this forum, for people to reflect on fun times or interesting moments they have had over their time here on the forum. I’m sure everyone has a few, given the loyal and dedicated base we have here.

For me personally, I think it was when I called out Sloandog and he started abusing me and I gave it to him back, and he said ‘bring it on’ and ‘keep them coming’ and I kept them coming and he was so rattled he had a cry and asked ‘big brother’ Zimbos_5 to step in and look after him.

That was interesting.

I’ve also enjoyed some of the viewpoints from Googly and Jemisi on their views of the current state of affairs. It is a lively place to be and post at times.

zimbos_05

Re: Forum memories thread

Post by zimbos_05 »

That time you went down to 15 posts was pretty memorable

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:47 am
In a year that carries more nostalgia than action, I thought I would create a thread just for this forum, for people to reflect on fun times or interesting moments they have had over their time here on the forum. I’m sure everyone has a few, given the loyal and dedicated base we have here.

For me personally, I think it was when I called out Sloandog and he started abusing me and I gave it to him back, and he said ‘bring it on’ and ‘keep them coming’ and I kept them coming and he was so rattled he had a cry and asked ‘big brother’ Zimbos_5 to step in and look after him.

That was interesting.

I’ve also enjoyed some of the viewpoints from Googly and Jemisi on their views of the current state of affairs. It is a lively place to be and post at times.
😂 another thread about me essentially. Very strange behaviour
14 posts left Hhm.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

OP are you just sitting in your room punching bong after bong between sips of straight cask wine and coming up with paranoid thoughts and crazy idea shit ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

My memories of the forum were when it was worth logging on to every day, shame a few people have completely ruined it

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Train Driver wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 pm
My memories of the forum were when it was worth logging on to every day, shame a few people have completely ruined it
In defence of those babbling nonsense, there isn't exactly much sensible to discuss these days regarding Zimbabwean cricket.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

A good memory for me happened quite recently.
When chesterton asked about the quota rule in the South African domestic comp, he mentioned teams requiring a certain number of African Americans.
I thought when one lived in Africa, you were from the continent of Africa. Where did the American connection come from?
Or is Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington & the Wayans brothers the new SA line up?
Maybe I'm aussie American because I'm a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant?
Spare me, please.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Train Driver wrote:
Yeup when I first joined in mid 2013 the forum was great, plenty of people adding great content, the best memories of mine are definitely the match threads, the 2013 Test win over Pakistan was probably my highlight. I think I wrote ‘CHATARA!!!!’ A thousand times
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:38 am
A good memory for me happened quite recently.
When chesterton asked about the quota rule in the South African domestic comp, he mentioned teams requiring a certain number of African Americans.
I thought when one lived in Africa, you were from the continent of Africa. Where did the American connection come from?
Or is Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington & the Wayans brothers the new SA line up?
Maybe I'm aussie American because I'm a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant?
Spare me, please.
African American is the polite and inoffensive way of saying people from that heritage. Stop living in the Stone Age.USA has nothing to do with it.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Train Driver wrote:
It would be lovely to talk about a flourishing domestic league, or an upcoming series, but in reality, those things are difficult. Our own organisation does not interact with the fans so how are we kept updated on what is happening and what to talk about?

In saying that, a forum can also have diverse topics.