Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by The Robot »

African Cricket Wont Improve Unless they put " Colour " behind talent. Cricket in Africa is getting shattered, even at the advent of T20s, whereas T20s has given huge interest in Europe, Asia & America. Other Countries are showing huge interest for this format.

Colour Politics begin when Cronje was in charge, that team of 1999 looked like World Beaters and were very close to win a global title, since then an X factor missing in SA Team that caused them exit from crucial stage in global tournaments, and at present they are in worst phase.
Robo to rule :oops:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:03 am
sloandog wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 am
chesterton wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Can somebody please update me on what the quota rule is now?

It’s changed a bit.
Last I heard was you needed 6 non whites in the team and at least two have to be African American. But averaged out over a year?

I heard something recently that they are concerned only black bowlers are being churned out so they might introduce a rule that at least one batsman in the national team needs to be African American too? Because they aren’t getting a go at present.
16 posts left
Didn’t your parents and teachers at school teach you NOT to be a bully all the damn time?
15 posts left, don’t give what you can’t take

Googly

Post by Googly »

What’s happened to Encore, he’s been absent for a while?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Googly wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm
What’s happened to Encore, he’s been absent for a while?
Maybe he's been suspended by the ICC for having multiple personalities

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think encore has called it a day.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

As his schizophrenia worsened it became easier and easier tearing him a new one, it was hardly sport any more.
To be fair I enjoyed his input because one gets a direct insight into how the decision makers actually think. Whether he is one or not one can only wonder, but their logic is the same. His manipulation of stats and facts to push his agenda is world class, he’s the Jonathon Moyo of the cricketing forums and I’m sure when you have that much to say you won’t be quiet for long.
I’m a cynic of populist propaganda because every single time once that person gets into a powerful position they think they’ve earned the right to line their pockets. Not one politician or administrator has ever dreamt up a way to grow a parallel structure because the quickest way is to take over an existing one. It works temporarily and sticks it to the people perceived to have monopolized resources, it’s fast, gets temporary results and is wildly popular. I don’t think the general population will ever figure out that they’re mere pawns in a power game.

Doing things properly it turns out is not that easy and impossible for some, and above all it takes time, many years if not generations and the founders rarely enjoy the benefits, which is the crux of the matter, it’s like planting trees! It’s a good analogy actually, who’s planting the trees? Nobody that I can see.

In case anyone missed the mistakes that were made here we can sit back and watch it happen all over again in South Africa in fast forward. The frustrating part is that no one learns from it. There’s a lot of “this time we’ll make it work, we’ve got money, resources, infrastructure and the numbers!” What could go wrong? When it doesn’t work the outcome is always more bitterness and more divide, which is human nature.

What Africa needs is technocrats and we have them in abundance, but we end up with greedy politicians that know exactly how to position themselves only for their own benefit and to surround themselves with a group that can consolidate their positions. When the avarice gets too much and the pot empties they eventually fight amongst themselves

What I don’t get is the greed. When is it ever enough?
And the shamelessness- if you know there are better people out there for public office and your wallet is full surely enjoy your ill-gotten gains elsewhere because what you left behind is a smoking ruin. The problem is you’ve mapped the route for the next plunderer who promises to do better, but can’t and won’t. If you’re wondering whether I’m talking cricket or politics here, they’re one and the same.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Guess the ICC meeting was today, any updates.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Googly

Post by Googly »

Great news indeed.