Exciting prospect

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Exciting prospect

Post by jaybro »

Maybe one for the future here Liam Mutenda, have you heard or seen anything of him Googly??

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/video-youn ... ssion=true
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Re: Exciting prospect

Post by TapsC »

I love the commitment. Those hours training will pay off 1 day. Bulawayo seems to have it figured out structurally outside of ZC with the Streak Academy(credit to him for this) the Spar T20 league and what sounds like a proper youth structure. I honestly didnt think kids were still playing for 2 or 3 teams a week these days given the mess we are in

Googly

Post by Googly »

No I can’t say I’ve even heard of him.

I’ll keep an eye out for sure. Once a generation cricketer is used a bit loosely, we hear of them here every couple of years or so. If his grandfather is the Speaker of the National Assembly it’s not worth getting him out or you’ll lose your farm or business. :lol: Just keep bowling him long hops :lol: and whatever you do don’t sledge him :lol:
A bit sad when a politically connected kid’s first wish is to leave the country and go and play in England :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry but that is really funny. I just checked to see if he was on the sanctions list, but he isn’t, maybe he’s a good bad guy.
He should be saying- my first wish is to play for Tuskers under the able guidance of Mr Singo and then hopefully I’m good enough to warrant selection one day for our national side. He’ll be 20 in 8 years time, at which point he can make his debut against Mozambique. There will be no cricket here in 8 years time if ZANU and ZC ZANU are still in power.

If your family sorts the mess they’ve created by stepping aside you won’t have to leave, son, you could play your cricket right here, and there ain’t no queue jumping at that passport office either :lol: unless you get refugee status. I did some business once with a political guy who’s wife and two children had been granted political asylum in The States, talk about manipulating the system.

I’m pretty sure he will go to Falcon at some point and then we’ll get to see him up in Harare. I hope he’s a gun, we need good news.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s actually what we needed a while ago, was a political heavyweight’s son to be a proper cricketer, we wouldn’t have needed commercial endorsements, they would have diverted ZINARA, ZESA or some railway pension funds our way :lol: