Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Lifting of ZC suspension on the 8th

Post by TapsC »

What I do know is that FTP is solid and can only be cancelled by mutual consent.. what we will probably see is less tests but more ODIs or T20s since there is supposed to be an extra T20 world cup as you can change the format played again by mutual consent.

I also agree that test cricket should just be left to the very best players. No developmemt programme needed there. I am also pretty sure that our best players are more suited to the longer format than the short stuff. We also have an advantage of having multiple part timers who can be dangerous on a spinning track like we saw last year in the first Bangladesh test. We need to prepare the same kind of wicket against the west indies when they eventually pitch up.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:24 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Time to get back to business. If Mukuhlani was shrewd and really wanted to consolidate power he would bring back a Flower brother to make people forget the pain of the last couple of months. The money is there. Be smart for once
After the way Mukuhlani treated Streak I doubt either of the Flower brothers would want to work under him, Muku through Streak under bus after the qualifiers by sacking him then accusing him of being a racist.

I'm happy the suspension is lifted as I've given up now on the hope of a bright future ahead which I know can't be achieved under this regime, now I just look forward to hopefully seeing a few of my favourite players make some big scores before they retire. I also hope to see Zimbabwe play a few more Tests with the current player group, watching Zimbabwe play Test cricket is still my favourite cricket to watch.
Money talks accompanied with a long term contract. This is why Rajput is here to stay. I think he signed a 3 year deal. We dont have a financial issue when it comes to salaries because the ICC is signing off on them and drip feeding the cash. You think Grant Flower would turn down a 15kusd a month contract and rather sit at home? We barely play any games. Its basically free money for 6 months.

We have seen the board burn the same guys over and over again and they always come back. AC is a good example. Sean Bell's email is another. Dont be surprised to see Streak back in the future. The reality is the money in cricket in Zimbabwe is really good if you look at the amount of work you have to put in to get it compared to other occupations. BT and Jarvis had to play 40 to 50 games a year to earn their keep in the UK

Taibu even applied to be Sri Lanka's fielding coach recently. They all need money in the end. They need to survive just like everybody else

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What was Sean Bell's E-mail..?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think ZC will organize some series' now, they have to, in addition to the domestic season. ICC funding restored is a huge relief for ZC and they will be assured of more fixtures next year as part the ODI league, there is U19 WC in January, and not to forget there is a T20 WC again in 2021 so the qualifiers for that event will be held next year.

chesterton

Post by chesterton »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm
Wow do you pay attention to anything on this forum? You replied on the thread ffs.
Blinded by cash.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

chesterton wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:09 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 pm
Wow do you pay attention to anything on this forum? You replied on the thread ffs.
Blinded by cash.
Not many posts left hey cockroach.
I’m laughing at you, and so is the rest of the forum.
Off you pop kid

Googly

Post by Googly »

Does ICC send money for the time we were suspended I wonder?
There are some fat cats there on 15-30k a month, if you multiply that by 4 months that’s at least half a million that’s going to the hierarchy. They’ll pay themselves way before the players, plus there’s some coke and buns to dish out for the people who played their part, hopefully they get cheated :lol:
They’re going to have a tough time dodging games because there’s an air of expectation and they’re under the spotlight for a bit, but they’ll manage to keep the game time to a minimum, watch and see, not one game more than necessary will be organized.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:22 pm
jaybro wrote:
TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Time to get back to business. If Mukuhlani was shrewd and really wanted to consolidate power he would bring back a Flower brother to make people forget the pain of the last couple of months. The money is there. Be smart for once
After the way Mukuhlani treated Streak I doubt either of the Flower brothers would want to work under him, Muku through Streak under bus after the qualifiers by sacking him then accusing him of being a racist.

I'm happy the suspension is lifted as I've given up now on the hope of a bright future ahead which I know can't be achieved under this regime, now I just look forward to hopefully seeing a few of my favourite players make some big scores before they retire. I also hope to see Zimbabwe play a few more Tests with the current player group, watching Zimbabwe play Test cricket is still my favourite cricket to watch.
Money talks accompanied with a long term contract. This is why Rajput is here to stay. I think he signed a 3 year deal. We dont have a financial issue when it comes to salaries because the ICC is signing off on them and drip feeding the cash. You think Grant Flower would turn down a 15kusd a month contract and rather sit at home? We barely play any games. Its basically free money for 6 months.

We have seen the board burn the same guys over and over again and they always come back. AC is a good example. Sean Bell's email is another. Dont be surprised to see Streak back in the future. The reality is the money in cricket in Zimbabwe is really good if you look at the amount of work you have to put in to get it compared to other occupations. BT and Jarvis had to play 40 to 50 games a year to earn their keep in the UK

Taibu even applied to be Sri Lanka's fielding coach recently. They all need money in the end. They need to survive just like everybody else
AC is running his own show and I doubt Streak would return under Mukuhlani. Also I must have been on holidays when the Bell email went around? Can somebody show it to me?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:24 pm
Does ICC send money for the time we were suspended I wonder?
There are some fat cats there on 15-30k a month, if you multiply that by 4 months that’s at least half a million that’s going to the hierarchy. They’ll pay themselves way before the players, plus there’s some coke and buns to dish out for the people who played their part, hopefully they get cheated :lol:
They’re going to have a tough time dodging games because there’s an air of expectation and they’re under the spotlight for a bit, but they’ll manage to keep the game time to a minimum, watch and see, not one game more than necessary will be organized.
The crazy part of it all is that the ICC must know this is how much they get because they control the books. They were never going to help. I wonder how much other admins around the world get paid

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 pm
TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:22 pm
jaybro wrote:

AC is running his own show and I doubt Streak would return under Mukuhlani. Also I must have been on holidays when the Bell email went around? Can somebody show it to me?
The email is in another thread. I forgot which 1. A twitter account which is clearly close to Mukuhlani posted it. He was talking about his qualifications and how he could be useful to ZC. Sent it to ZC. Very recent email