Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Post by zimbos_05 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:20 am
spot on mate, i feel that the board missed a trick by not focusing on varsity cricket. this could have been an initiative they could have used to dangle a carrot for those u19s who are done with high school, give them a partial/full scholarship, appoint former players as coaches and keep track of such player performances and maybe an odd match for a franchise. universities should be used as high performance centres and zc should do something about it. what they need is a director who is cricket oriented, willing to try new ideas and make a follow up on it
The "board missed a trick" Mate this uni league was taken to the wise makoni and a structure to train sports teachers around the country in level 1 cricket coaching, training 300 a year so that school kids from Peterhouse to mzilikai would be trained correctly in the basics. The response was what's in it for me....
Thats the bottom line individual greed comes before the country.
This also applies to the players, they too greedy for money to change the board. The players are the biggest strength. They get every thing they deserve .

You look at the documentation from 2003 it highlights and outlines how the board should be run and communication chains etc etc professionally done by international people. Everything for good governancce is there they refuse to implement it as they are too greedy.
Makoni just got himself a degree....
This is the thing for me. They all talk this good game and all these ideas are there. They have the people around willing to run them and do the hard work, but they are just not interested.

Like I said in a previous post, all that talk from Mukhu means nothing to me. The man has no idea and the people around him are just in it for themselves. Until there is change at the top, I don't think we can see much changing and we will keep being taken over by much lesser sides.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Makoni and Malema are frothing because the All Blacks suffered under the hand of the colonialists at the rugby yesterday.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 am
Just listened to the Dean at Stumps interview

Mukuhlani talks a good game and was very diplomatic when speaking about the players and who he thought should be captain. I feel he’s been given some advice not to speak his mind after his remarks about Streak. I still don’t believe he has the knowledge or desire to actually do anything to help the game, the only positives for the game are that ZC should be out of debt in a few years and that the FTP is packed, both points courtesy of the ICC not ZC.

As for Byrom his answers were very deflating for a Zimbabwe perspective, he distanced himself from Zimbabwe with the words he used so I can’t see him ever coming back. He’ll likely be tried for England & thrown on the scrap heap like Ballance.
I liked the captaincy answer. Probably the only answer I really did like. They like PJ for multiple reasons and the truth is he does have the ability to lead. I liked his comment about Sean Williams and that winning mentality he seems to possess. Its not like these guys are completely clueless. In fact I say this about the whole country. These people are not dumb, they just choose not to do the right thing

You are also right that the ICC has basically saved ZC by doing their job for them. Organizing the money and fixtures

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 pm
jaybro wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 am
Just listened to the Dean at Stumps interview

Mukuhlani talks a good game and was very diplomatic when speaking about the players and who he thought should be captain. I feel he’s been given some advice not to speak his mind after his remarks about Streak. I still don’t believe he has the knowledge or desire to actually do anything to help the game, the only positives for the game are that ZC should be out of debt in a few years and that the FTP is packed, both points courtesy of the ICC not ZC.

As for Byrom his answers were very deflating for a Zimbabwe perspective, he distanced himself from Zimbabwe with the words he used so I can’t see him ever coming back. He’ll likely be tried for England & thrown on the scrap heap like Ballance.
I liked the captaincy answer. Probably the only answer I really did like. They like PJ for multiple reasons and the truth is he does have the ability to lead. I liked his comment about Sean Williams and that winning mentality he seems to possess. Its not like these guys are completely clueless. In fact I say this about the whole country. These people are not dumb, they just choose not to do the right thing

You are also right that the ICC has basically saved ZC by doing their job for them. Organizing the money and fixtures
Yes you’re right TapsC I probably would have liked the answer too if it were coming from someone else’s mouth, but call me a cynic but I don’t believe Mukuhlani or anything he says, he done his dash for me and showed his true colours with the way he handled the Streak situation.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Dean was very subtly having a dig at Mukhu at times. But in a diplomatic way. I don’t know if too many people would have picked it up but I can tell Dean is critical of him.

But everyone’s right, if you didn’t follow Zim Cricket, you’d simply get the impression this is a guy doing his hardest who has made a mistake or two. Not a thief who’s incompetent and clinging to power. Amazing. They do the PR game well.

Ed is very confidently spoken for a 22 yr old.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 pm
Its not like these guys are completely clueless. In fact I say this about the whole country. These people are not dumb, they just choose not to do the right thing
Very true. They know what to do to suit themselves

Googly

Post by Googly »

The 15 billion dollar question is why. It’s every third world country. They’re called third world for a reason.
Why would you take something and run it into the ground as fast as you can? You can attempt to dignify it by saying you’re leveling the playing field of years of inequality, but if you take most of it for yourself, friends and family then you’re just a thief.
Other third world countries haven’t had the excuse of racial inequalities and they’re just as bad.
What slays me about our situation is that these politicians have enough money to last a couple of lifetimes of extravagant living yet they plunder faster and faster. It never occurs to any single one of them to fix anything, except about a month before elections.
There is not one thing in Zimbabwe that is not broken almost beyond repair, and that takes a special group of people to achieve that. If there’s ever a next group they will do the same, that’s the tragic part of this.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

so leave..

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:56 am
so leave..
I say that because you are clearly better than them, and have a brain. You could benefit another country's system

Googly

Post by Googly »

Money is the problem :lol:
First prize would be summer in UK and summer here, but unfortunately that’s not on the cards.
These MF’s have impoverished most of us.
I’ve been trying to get a few things done of late and having to visit various government departments. Everything has pretty much collapsed. Whoever you talk to puts major obstacles in your way that only a backhander can resolve regardless of whether your house is in order or not. It’s so frustrating dealing with everyone. Even if you’re in the upper echelons it’s not easy, the pie is so small now and there are avaricious people watching your every move.
It would be great to have a crystal ball and see just two years into the future.