Hamilton Masakadza is the new "Director of Cricket" at ZC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Hamilton Masakadza is the new "Director of Cricket" at ZC

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Days like this I wish Chesterton was still around, he’d be all over this like the activist he is.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

kudet

Post by kudet »

It was written in the Stars.. one wondered when that was to be announced. This could effectively mean the end of Raza's career as a zw Player.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

kudet wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 pm
It was written in the Stars.. one wondered when that was to be announced. This could effectively mean the end of Raza's career as a zw Player.
For Raza's sake I hate this appointment...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Geez talk about being a bunch of negative nellys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look no doubt Hamilton is an ally of the current admin, that's why he got the job, and yes he has had a run-in with Raza, but I'm not ready to write him off completely as an administrator. The guy hasn't even started yet so let's give him the benefit of the doubt, at least he's a former player and he knows the struggles of the players etc, that already makes him a much brighter prospect than anyone else in the current admin.

I'm not saying he's going to change the game overnight, but I still feel this is a positive appointment and I'll hold my judgement until he's been there for a while. I understand some of you guys have 'inside information' or are in contact with current players, so you will probably know more than I about Hamilton's true character. But as a player he always represented Zimbabwe well so lets hope he can do the same off the pitch as well.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't really want to write him off, but there was nothing in his time as a player to show he was a leader. Even as a captain he was quiet and took a back seat.

To me this just seems as an appointment to cement Mukhulanis position. Having a yes man in a position of power who can report back to him on what is happening and use their power to get the people they want in.

I'm quite ready to be proven wrong.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Will he be able to advocate for better salaries for the first class cricketers?

Is selection going to be transparent with competent selectors being appointed?

How is ZimA going to be revived?

How does he Intend to engage the Traditional cricket playing private schools to restore the confidence of the aspiring cricketers to forge a career after high school?

Will there be a Clear pathway for the youngsters ie schools cricket >Club cricket>academy>provincial/Franchise cricket>A team cricket>national team cricket?

Is he going to mend the bridge with raza/Taylor?

Are we going to see a high Performance Center with qualified personel?

Is there going to be a domestic revamp of former international Players turned coaches taking Charge of Franchise Teams?

Will he advocate for a Players association?

Those are just but some of the questions i have for hammy

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m going with no no dunno dunno dunno no no dunno no no. :lol:
It begs the question why it hasn’t been done before, the previous director should have been fired for doing nothing for years, instead he’ll get a bonus for appointing someone to do his job for him :lol:
Only in Africa, you have to laugh.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Was andy flower's role not similar to what Hami is doing now?

Googly

Post by Googly »

If I’m not mistaken he was the Young Lions coach and some sort of boss of High Performance.
I’ll eat my shorts if he was on 20-25k a month though :lol:
The hardest working coach in world cricket is hands down Gary Brent. He goes from sun up to sun down including throwing balls. Most of these ex cricketer/coaches don’t do that. He’s a machine, and has serious knowledge.

The problem with any new appointments or supposed initiatives is that there’s no unbiased feedback from the journalists. These guys make up whatever is required to suit the prevailing narrative. Whether Hamilton does a job or not remains to be seen, but the journalists will paint a rosy picture regardless.
That reasonable to do list costs money, and we’ve seen that the only thing they’re prepared to spend money on is new appointments and themselves.
We’re watching and waiting, but history tells us that things will only get worse.

On a lighter note the head of ZANU youth league (he’s not very young :lol: ) and it’s an official government arm, is offering to invade the US embassy to teach them a lesson about imposing sanctions on us.
It’s bizarre but true.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And in South African news the former Speaker of the House, Baleka Mbete has publicly blamed nation wide load shedding on the former Colonialists, she’s stated that without electricity in the past there was no load shedding. She does have a point, I guess.
She’s the woman that announced that ANC’s expenditure on Zuma’s R4 million swimming pool was in fact justified because it was not actually a swimming pool but a water reservoir for use if his house caught fire.
These people don’t just walk amongst us, but over us, they control our countries. It’s a messed up world.