Hamilton Masakadza is the new "Director of Cricket" at ZC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Hamilton Masakadza is the new "Director of Cricket" at ZC

Post by TapsC »

Had forgotten about 1 casualty from the ZC-SRC fallout who i'm sure wont be forgiven. Rainsford :lol:

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 pm
Had forgotten about 1 casualty from the ZC-SRC fallout who i'm sure wont be forgiven. Rainsford :lol:
Yeah what was the story there? He was part of the new Mukuhlani board but then resigned after they got suspended by the SRC, I wonder what the real story was?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya that’s an interesting one. If he resigned in case there was a coup to keep his options open and then the coup was thwarted he’s got egg on his face and lost himself a cushy little number on the Board and shown himself not to be a loyalist but an opportunist.
I don’t know though, just speculation.
This board has not only survived, but have dug a firm foundation and power base. I think they’re with us to the end :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:34 pm
And in South African news the former Speaker of the House, Baleka Mbete has publicly blamed nation wide load shedding on the former Colonialists, she’s stated that without electricity in the past there was no load shedding. She does have a point, I guess.
She’s the woman that announced that ANC’s expenditure on Zuma’s R4 million swimming pool was in fact justified because it was not actually a swimming pool but a water reservoir for use if his house caught fire.
These people don’t just walk amongst us, but over us, they control our countries. It’s a messed up world.
The part I found astounding, out of quite few, was...

Mehdi: South Africa is the 5th most violent place in the world
Belaka: Says who?
Mehdi: The UN report
Belaka: So what?

The other part was that ANC guy in the crowd trying to justify corruption by saying others are doing it. This is the crux. They don't care about others, only themselves. They will forever blame the west and to be honest, the west don't mind. They can either withhold or get involved in the corruption and get things on the cheaper. The west also knows that if Africa was flourishing and non corrupt, they would overtake the west because it is Africa that has the resources. Africans are their own worst enemy.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:44 am
Ya that’s an interesting one. If he resigned in case there was a coup to keep his options open and then the coup was thwarted he’s got egg on his face and lost himself a cushy little number on the Board and shown himself not to be a loyalist but an opportunist.
I don’t know though, just speculation.
This board has not only survived, but have dug a firm foundation and power base. I think they’re with us to the end :lol:
How many commentators gigs can he get without them? I guess we will find out in January but he is easy to discard compared to an active player. He panicked if you ask me.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

While the role itself could have been created to get a retirement deal for Hamilton, to compare his case with that of Utseya is a bit far fetched. Utseya converted himself to a medium pacer and still mysteriously remained in the country's top 15 cricketers to go to the 2015 World Cup and forged a coaching certificate to get into the ZC coaching setup! Hamilton did not do anything remotely close to that.

However, even if we go to the other extreme and think that Hamilton is put there on merit and a much needed position is created for that purpose, it is not difficult to see that he is being used by the current board. The complaint for long has been that there are no ex-cricketers in the management. Now, they would retort saying we have the most capped player in our history heading the cricketing affairs. No further questions can be asked!

Also, I don't see why this role of his would be trouble for Raza. Unless Raza himself decides he would not play under Hamilton's Directorship, I can't see Hamilton messing up with team composition for personal grudge - especially now that he is not even playing and is responsible for growing cricket in the country.

As Jaybro says, better to wait and watch and give him a chance, but I understand why not many would want to hold their breath for any spectacular improvements.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Recent events have left us in no doubt who the big boss is.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’m going to take the mental chess one step further.

Unless Hamilton is truly a card carrying member of the Illuminati, he himself will get fucked over too.

In many sports, usually salary cap ones, players are encouraged to move on by getting a sweet post retirement gig, but how many last?

I’m going on record to bet that Hamilton will have this position for a year, and the first sign of trouble he will be dumped.

ZC kept their word and gave him a role, but no ones making them keep him if inept. As soon as he puts a foot wrong they will make him redundant and that will be that.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

No I don’t agree, I think he’s there for a while. What he’s going to struggle with to some degree is now being on the other side of the fence. Let’s face it, ZC have never had an easy relationship with most of the players. Hammy is now the strong man to keep everyone pulling in the same direction...it’s not going to be that easy.

On a lighter note our Minister of Foreign Affairs has just threatened America.
“We have the means to bring this all to an end, should we deem this necessary or should we be pushed too far!”

This was in response to the American Ambassador continually refuting ZANU’s claims that sanctions were responsible for our plight.

I’m hoping he’s just meaning that they might kick America out diplomatically as opposed to unleashing our nuclear arsenal on mainland America. This is our problem, these guys are all powerful and there are never any repercussions. One aircraft carrier making its way to the Mozambique Channel would cause a stampede that would rival the Great Wildebeest Migration of the Serengeti.

This is intriguing, let’s se Nichol’s response. He will come out swinging.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

didn't a Cape town politician blame whites for load shedding by creating small dams!
:roll: