How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am

Not really. Your latter phrasing suggests that you are just making a statement of how someone feels as opposed to the point they are making. A point can be valid, but it can be wrongly addressed. The latter would suggest that you don't actually understand, but are playing off the message as nonsense, regardless of how rational it may sound.
None of this makes any sense. "A point can be valid but wrongly addressed." What does that mean? Did you mean to say "A point can be valid, but wrongly stated?"
hhm can say that he feels "more black players deserve a chance" and I can say, "that is a valid point". He can then say, "in order to to do this, we must stop white players from playing the game, and remove all white people from any position of power". I can then disagree with this because his manner of addressing his point is incorrect. So, i can understand his initial point, I just don't necessarily agree with him in general nor would support him.
The HHM analogy is off the mark completely.

This is because you compared Zimdoggy's blatantly homophobic comment "LGBTQ rights promote pedophilia" with HHM's entirely plausible one of "black players deserve more chances". Let me say this again, the first comment is bigoted. The second comment is one that is reasonable. You cannot compare an apple to an orange.

A second reason why your comparison falls off the mark is in the type of comments you are comparing. Zimdoggy's comment is either true or false. It can be proven or disproven with data. HHM's comment is neither true nor false, its an opinion. It cannot be proven or disproven with data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:48 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:54 am

Not really. Your latter phrasing suggests that you are just making a statement of how someone feels as opposed to the point they are making. A point can be valid, but it can be wrongly addressed. The latter would suggest that you don't actually understand, but are playing off the message as nonsense, regardless of how rational it may sound.
None of this makes any sense. "A point can be valid but wrongly addressed." What does that mean? Did you mean to say "A point can be valid, but wrongly stated?"
hhm can say that he feels "more black players deserve a chance" and I can say, "that is a valid point". He can then say, "in order to to do this, we must stop white players from playing the game, and remove all white people from any position of power". I can then disagree with this because his manner of addressing his point is incorrect. So, i can understand his initial point, I just don't necessarily agree with him in general nor would support him.

This is because you compared Zimdoggy's blatantly homophobic comment "LGBTQ rights promote pedophilia" with HHM's entirely plausible one of "black players deserve more chances". Let me say this again, the first comment is bigoted. The second comment is one that is reasonable. You cannot compare an apple to an orange.

A second reason why your comparison falls off the mark is in the type of comments you are comparing. Zimdoggy's comment is either true or false. It can be proven or disproven with data. HHM's comment is neither true nor false, its an opinion. It cannot be proven or disproven with data.
So if it can be proven with data, I’ve won this argument because I showed actual examples?
*cue Rocky Music*

Although I don’t even agree with that because it’s still unchartered territory, and a lot of it is predictions on what is to come based on a very real action of redefining what the terms are of marriage and it’s knock on effect. Adoption rules for one. Visa rules as another. Concrete examples.

Now Moey from Detroit can legally marry his childhood mate Aqib from Dhaka and bring him to the USA legally. Not hard to show a few photos of them innocently hugging and citing ‘our relationship was hush hush because of Muslim society and not many people know.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:48 am

Addressed is another work for action.

No, because I did not justify his comment about pedophilia. I justified his initial comment about it being a means that can lead to something else, I never specified the something else.

Also, HHMs comment could be proven by data. You would look at participating figures. Schools involved. Coach numbers. Grassroots levels.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:09 pm

No, because I did not justify his comment about pedophilia. I justified his initial comment about it being a means that can lead to something else, I never specified the something else.
So are we now going to justify Hitler's initial grievance that Germany was hard done by world powers after WWI? Surely, you can see the slippery slope?
Also, HHMs comment could be proven by data. You would look at participating figures. Schools involved. Coach numbers. Grassroots levels.
You can't prove an opinion. "Black players need more chances" cannot be proven because its merely an opinion. More chances than what?

Gay rights lead to pedophilia can be proven to be false because Gays are no more or less likely than straights to be pedophiles, nor are most pedophiles gay.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 am

So if it can be proven with data, I’ve won this argument because I showed actual examples?
*cue Rocky Music*

No because there are 1000s of examples of the Church that you've ignored.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This thread has convinced me that we should just have one catch-all thread for the entire forum.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 pm

So are we now going to justify Hitler's initial grievance that Germany was hard done by world powers after WWI? Surely, you can see the slippery slope?
Wow, talk about making 1+1 = 14. Your problem is that you are assuming that because one can understand someone, they agree with them and what the same thing. Doggy was merely saying that everything has a next progression. The reaction was basically what you are doing, jumping from A to F, and not understanding his point.
You can't prove an opinion. "Black players need more chances" cannot be proven because its merely an opinion. More chances than what?

Gay rights lead to pedophilia can be proven to be false because Gays are no more or less likely than straights to be pedophiles, nor are most pedophiles gay.
You can prove or disprove an opinion. You've just done that with the pedophilia thing. If not then we might as well do away with science.

Everything is an opinion and that opinion is not confirmed until proven true or false. If someone says "Black players need more chances" as an opinion, they have to prove it. Like I said in my last post they would do so by looking at the facts and figures.

Do you just read what you want to read?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:09 pm
This thread has convinced me that we should just have one catch-all thread for the entire forum.
:lol:

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

No question the ZCF has helped me by being a great leveller to me.
Here I am, whinging & moaning about the state of affairs in Australia, then I read Googly's & other Zimbabwean forumites' posts about the state of affairs in Zimbabwe.
I have a job, my kids have jobs & you can pretty much guarantee milk & bread will be available tomorrow. We whinge when cricinfo doesn't update scores quick enough or Foxtel's satellite can't broadcast the cricket.
I don't think I have a right to complain about much.
I certainly refer to this forum when I hear someone bellyaching about whatever & try to introduce them to someone else's reality. There's a few Australian tennis players & NRL players who should take a pilgrimage your way to realise how fortunate they are.
Also, being introduced to people like Hhm & Watermelon makes me feel happy to be me.
Finally, one of the great threads was the forum members meeting at a pub & having a drink. I'll cherish that one. My shout first!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

A ZCF trip to Zimbabwe is what is really in order. I would love to watch Zimbabwe play at the HSC, followed by a few beers at Googly's mansion.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes