Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Eddie Byrom and Nick Welch

Post by Jemisi »

Zim has well thought out laws against theft.

But they are not working that well.

I didn't say you only need religion. I said if Hitchens is right then all of your condemnation of ZC is pointless.

Literally meaningless.

If your faith is in us producing this civilization through competition for resources then why complain about moral issues when the ZC crooks outcompete the poor and the murungus?

If Hitchens' story is accurate they're just behaving according to their programming.

We can all chill.

But if stealing is actually wrong then it matters if the govt or ZC is doing it. And it really matters when the crooks are inside the church.

But if you are right, might is right.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see that you can’t wrap your head around the fact that without an imaginary friend you believe there is no morality. My unbending personal moral code gets me into trouble all the time! Pray for me Brother :lol:
I’ll leave you with George and his two commandments. Think out the box, bud, it’s all proven bullshit, at most be agnostic until the dude phones you.
https://youtu.be/CE8ooMBIyC8

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Everything can be justified for the greater good.

‘Kick the whites off the farm to give a brother a shot’. Moral justification.

‘My wife refuses to suck me off, she’s angry because I stayed up late with the boys on Saturday, but what an overreaction! I’m hitting up my ex who does that thing with her tongue’ justification.

‘My newborn son has Down syndrome. Poor guy. What a shit life he will lead. I’m doing him a favour by drowning him’

‘Tinashe just dropped 50 bucks on the ground. He hasn’t noticed. He’s my friend but Fuck him? He’s friends with the guy that raided my uncles farm. 50 bucks won’t kill him, it’s mine’

This is just random shit that came into my head whilst eating pizza as I type. Can you see the slippery slope? I’m sure I could think of even curlier ones.
The Bible sets the standard.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:47 pm
I see that you can’t wrap your head around the fact that without an imaginary friend you believe there is no morality. My unbending personal moral code gets me into trouble all the time! Pray for me Brother :lol:
I’ll leave you with George and his two commandments. Think out the box, bud, it’s all proven bullshit, at most be agnostic until the dude phones you.
https://youtu.be/CE8ooMBIyC8
I can see your moral code. I have read lots of your words. It comes through clearly. But if there's no Code Giver, it is just a matter of opinion. And then I am just left to pick my outrage. Why be concerned with the thieving and the corruption if these guys are just doing what our species has always done to conquer the world? If you are right then there's no reason to be upset. But I am much more convinced by your judgement of wrong doing in ZC. Those judgements are generally consistent with what Jesus says. And sure, happy to pray for you whenever you ask, Googly.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Angus Curtis playing a key role to help Ulster beat Bath last night in the European Cup. Would of been interesting to see how a cricket career would have gone.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He would have been good at anything he tried his hand at. His younger brother may end up being a better rugby player. Angus has had about 5 concussions, which is not good. I don’t think he can afford many more. He’s small for a centre and puts his body on the line big time, and you’re in the firing line at centre all the time. His dad was an Irish international as most know, but he was a fantastic batsman. In his last term at Falcon he scored 9 hundreds and 2 double hundreds! A record that will never be beaten until the end of time. He was the same era as Hick and I believe had a better record than him, he was a scratch golfer as well. He held a swimming record at Ruzawi that stood for for over 40 years and I think held a 100m record at Falcon that stood for a long time. An over achiever of some note :lol:
Nowadays the schools perhaps play two 50 over games in the third term, they don’t really schedule any games in that term from what I can see, it’s a question of two schools agreeing to play because they have the weekend off. In the first term in January they only schedule about 6 games and then athletics nips the remainder in the bud. Half of those games get rained off.
The 5 or 6 main schools rely on two T20 festivals played in the August holidays and at the start of the third term to tick the cricket box. The cricket culture at school is all but done. If you’re scheduled to play a government school they invariably pitch up late or not at all, citing transport problems. The parents will not contribute one cent towards ensuring their boys get to a game, and they never ever come to watch, ever! It’s shameful. Those youngsters are on their own with zero support from day 1. You don’t get to play them at their own grounds because most don’t exist.
So if you’re a keen youngster you might get to play 6 or 7 games a year of 50 over cricket. There ain’t anybody good coming out a system like that. The black cricketers who’ve done well out of a township environment deserve some serious kudos because cricket really is a game that requires buy-in from parents.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Masakadza wants to make an immediate difference he needs to meet with coaches and headmasters of schools and try and get more 50 over games scheduled. Our cricket has died at the roots and nobody has a genuine discussion about it, there are mere mutterings and shuffling of the feet. They need to identity the good kids and get them coming once or twice a week to practices at ZC facilities so they can get better coaching. There are very few decent coaches at school in the junior teams.
It’s all a huge mess that’s going to be almost impossible to sort out.

kudet

Post by kudet »

on a sad note, just saw on twitter that duncan frost is no more

https://twitter.com/ByoMetroCricket/sta ... 8283505668
As the Bulawayo cricketing family, we are really saddened by untimely passing on of
@QueensCricket Board Member, founder of the @SparBonsaT20 & former international umpire Duncan Frost. May his soul rest in peace
@ZimCricketv @ICC @CricketHarare @Vummim @madorotafadzwa

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see no commiserations for the Pink Rhodesian from anyone at ZC in an official capacity. He did more for Bulawayo cricket with no money than ZC have done with an annual 10 million dollar budget. At least he made them sweat a little before ICC strangled any possibility of a turnaround. Go well Frosty. If there’s an afterlife maybe you can come back and test deep rooted tribal superstition vs some recently purchased Christian beliefs.
I predict mysterious ailments afflicting some culprits.
You can only buy protective strong medicine with USD, bond notes won’t cut it, these N’angas only deal in greenbacks.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Should we rename this thread ‘political grievances’ ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement