2020 ZIM fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: 2020 ZIM fixtures

Post by Mr Twig »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:11 pm
That Australia tour seems odd. I highly doubt CA agreed to that. A touring side to Aus in mid winter when Aus are generally playing elsewhere. Seems very bizarre.
Makes sense to me. Australia are not going to waste their summer schedule against a lowly team like us. They've deliberately buried it in the winter and will most likely play these games in Cairns or Alice Springs.

Here is the latest FTP updated November 19
https://icc-static-files.s3.amazonaws.c ... v-2019.pdf

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:11 pm
That Australia tour seems odd. I highly doubt CA agreed to that. A touring side to Aus in mid winter when Aus are generally playing elsewhere. Seems very bizarre.
Makes sense to me. Australia are not going to waste their summer schedule against a lowly team like us. They've deliberately buried it in the winter and will most likely play these games in Cairns or Alice Springs.

Here is the latest FTP updated November 19
https://icc-static-files.s3.amazonaws.c ... v-2019.pdf
Finding grounds to play in would be tough seeing as AFL will be in full swing. Aus also would not just hide them away if hosting as they would need to make some money from it. No one is doing that by playing in Cairns or Alice Springs. It would make sense to play at Alan Border Field as that is where CA academy headquarters are and they would have no issue getting that field in a scheduling manner.

Most likely is that Aus will go to Zim as it is nothing for them to do so.

If theres one thing we know is that Zim does not end up sticking to their fixture list. We are playing the same teams over and over as well. We don't even play Eng, SA, NZ, WI so I would expect that fixture list of ours to change. I hope the Aus series goes ahead and they play at AB field, but I don't hold much hope, and also unsure if I want to see Elton, Cephas, Chari, and some more has beens getting picked so they get a free holiday.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yes the Zimbabwe tour of Aus will be played in Darwin and Cairns

I’m not holding hope for any test matches to player by Zimbabwe, I’m expecting them to be replaced by limited overs stuff.

You have to remember the the new model for Zimbabwe Cricket is to play as little cricket as possible to save money to pay off the debt.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:21 am
Didn't they play up there and out of season as well when Aus had to host BD for the first time?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:50 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:21 am
Didn't they play up there and out of season as well when Aus had to host BD for the first time?
Yep. 2003. First and only BD tour of AUS. Apart from another tour in 2008.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Australia has hosted 3 winter tours in the ‘top end’ of Australia

Bangladesh for 2 Tests & 3 ODIs in 2003

Sri Lanka for 2 Tests in 2004

Bangladesh for 3 ODIs in 2008

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

And Cricket Australia has used the winter months to to promote 'A' tours.
In July 2006 there was the Top End series with Pakistan & India "A"s held in Cairns & Darwin.
In 2009 we hosted Pakistan A in June/July, playing at Townsville.
In June 2010 we hosted Sri Lanka A in Townsville & The Allan Border Field in Brisbane.
In July/August 2014 we hosted India A & South Africa A at the Allan Border Field & at Townsville.
In July/August 2016 we hosted South Africa A At the Allan Border Field (ABF) & Townsville then India A in August/September at the ABF.
So, it can be done regardless of any footy codes are playing.
It really irked me when Australia canned the tour by Bangladesh a couple of years ago because the Top End was the perfect location. They are prepared to play 'A' cricket up there - for investment in the future!? But couldn't host Bangla because it wasn't financially viable.
I know the answers & it's all to do with the arrogance & profit margins of the top 3 but the cynicism to say you are promoting the international game & then don't shits me.
Plus, the lost opportunity for the overseas players to never or play very little in Australia would be disappointing. Ask Mahela Jayawardene & Kumar Sangakkara how many tests in Australia they played? Actually, in 2012/13 they did get the Boxing day & New Years day tests in Melbourne & Sydney but that was on their 3rd tour. It was the Top End In 2004 as stated by Jaybro & Brisbane & Hobart in 07/08.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Well I hope they choose to play at AB Field because flying to Darwin or up Cairns costs a shit load, and I certainly am not going there to sight see.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:54 am
Well I hope they choose to play at AB Field because flying to Darwin or up Cairns costs a shit load, and I certainly am not going there to sight see.
Both are excellent cities/towns definitely worth the trip up there

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Upcomming Australia tour of Zimbabwe is going to be a holiday tour :D

Venues, Environment and Enjoyment is on the cards then the little bit of game :lol:
Robo to rule :oops: