2020 ZIM fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: 2020 ZIM fixtures

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:17 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:54 am
Well I hope they choose to play at AB Field because flying to Darwin or up Cairns costs a shit load, and I certainly am not going there to sight see.
Both are excellent cities/towns definitely worth the trip up there
I get enough heat and humidity here in Brisbane, i'm not spending my winters exposing myself to that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d love Encore to be online to give his take on the disaster unfolding in South Africa.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm
I’d love Encore to be online to give his take on the disaster unfolding in South Africa.
What's the latest

Googly

Post by Googly »

A secret committee selecting the team to play England and nobody will divulge who’s on it. Well respected administrators getting sacked, similarly well respected journalists losing their accreditation because they’ve written scathing articles about the racism within CSA, past players openly casting aspersions on what’s going on, sponsors fleeing for their lives, their FC system collapsing..the list is long.
It’s time for a walk out and let them get on with it.
After years of a skewed playing field if they don’t have enough players of colour to make up a side then they never will have, they should just pick a side that represents the demographic, which is the eternal war cry, and see how they go. That equates to one white guy.
Daft Du Plessis should grow a set and pack his bags.
CSA should have waited for a lesser side to tour before they made their move, England will mince a poor side.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I believe Standard Bank is in talks with CSA as we speak. If they pull the plug they’re in deep doodoo.
I don’t see them reaching any agreement.
It’s fascinating to watch, I so wish hhm was still here, I’d love to hear his take on this.
We’ve been down this road so we know step by step how it plays out.
You won’t hear a peep out of any player of colour from Rabada downwards. Hersch has had a bit to say, but he’s the only one, he’s our Taibu!
I’ll take a bet Junior Dahla is in the line up. I’m keen to see how he goes, he’s decent.
Bavuma for captain.
If Faf sucks this one up I’ll be surprised.
With the Kolpak clock winding down anyone that can jump will go, except for the big name black guys who’ll become their Hamiltons and Eltons in terms of well paid inside board front men being the veneer of respectability because if just one of them spoke out it would be damaging to the master plan.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Still no decision from the Reserve Bank as to how ZC’s money will be converted to pay employees. I just read an article saying ZC are pushing for them to be paid in forex.
I don’t see that happening. What used to be the case is you could have your own Nostro account where USD was deposited and you could theoretically withdraw it in USD. The gov has repeatedly stolen that money and we’re no longer a multi currency economy...well they’ve tried that and it’s failed and they’ve backtracked in a few sectors of the economy. I wonder if they’ve asked Mlotshwa for help since he’s ED’s nephew :lol:
Zim is at a crossroads and the government may well lighten up on a few of their ridiculous rules, the problem is the gov wants the money for their Xmas bonuses and the ZC staff need the money for Xmas so something has to give, ZC have to deliver in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve just read the Surrey tweet. 117 Surrey clubs have entered 1350 teams in some age group competition they’re holding. How on earth do you compete with that?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

hhm is confident that the selection of too many white players over African talent is what is holding the Proteas back.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Makoni claiming the Sri Lanka series will go ahead, whilst also suggesting the Test matches will be scrapped for more limited overs stuff

Also suggesting the domestic competition will start in December

https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/waiting-ga ... cricketers
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am
Makoni claiming the Sri Lanka series will go ahead, whilst also suggesting the Test matches will be scrapped for more limited overs stuff

Seems no impact of ICC's ban on ZC, these individuals are still given back their posts.Makoni is also one of those responsible for downfall of Cricket in Zimbabwe

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am

Seems no impact of ICC's ban on ZC, these individuals are still given back their posts.Makoni is also one of those responsible for downfall of Cricket in Zimbabwe
Where have you been?? The ICC backed the Mukhanli /Makoni regime 110% !!! They ordered the SRC to reinstate them no questions asked. I'm sure that these thieves running the ICC are probably getting some kick back from ZC too
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement