2020 ZIM fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: 2020 ZIM fixtures

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:56 pm
Still no decision from the Reserve Bank as to how ZC’s money will be converted to pay employees. I just read an article saying ZC are pushing for them to be paid in forex.
I don’t see that happening. What used to be the case is you could have your own Nostro account where USD was deposited and you could theoretically withdraw it in USD. The gov has repeatedly stolen that money and we’re no longer a multi currency economy...well they’ve tried that and it’s failed and they’ve backtracked in a few sectors of the economy. I wonder if they’ve asked Mlotshwa for help since he’s ED’s nephew :lol:
Zim is at a crossroads and the government may well lighten up on a few of their ridiculous rules, the problem is the gov wants the money for their Xmas bonuses and the ZC staff need the money for Xmas so something has to give, ZC have to deliver in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve just read the Surrey tweet. 117 Surrey clubs have entered 1350 teams in some age group competition they’re holding. How on earth do you compete with that?
There is no way around. Once your money is in Zim it gets converted. Its standard procedure in most African countries actually. You usually have a time limit to spend it or lose it. They can only settle foreign obligations with that forex. Most big contracts are pegged using the bank rate. Its an unfortunate loss but it is what it is. This affects everybody and unless they can somehow register themselves like some sort of tourist facility like Innscor managed to do they have to accept it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

For sure the problem has been around for a while, and I’m certain that’s Metbank were covering for a lot of the tricks being played. My big question is are they still ZC’s bankers?
Of course if you have a shady bank you can use them to help you get bang for your buck, but I will take a poisoned ice cream on the fact that most of the profiteering happened during incoming tranches. You could use tricks to benefit cricket or use the same tricks to sideline money for yourself. You decide what these guys have been doing all these years :lol: Now it looks like they’re scratching their heads.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This is a good article today on CSA.
https://www.sacricketmag.com/moroe-and- ... the-music/
The parallels to what has transpired here are there to see.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And another
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/crick ... ricket-sa/

It’s all happening down there faster than you can blink.
These ANC muppets can’t quite operate with impunity just yet, but almost. The only thing missing not to make it an exact replica of here is that Ramaphosa is not the patron of their cricket :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 pm
How much hope do we have that one of the scheduled Tests actually takes place? I'd love to see us take on Ireland, but as TapsC said, this is only happening in Zim at gun-point.
There's a little bit of hope based on this article.
https://www.herald.co.zw/chevrons-set-to-bounce-back/

2 Tests v Sri Lanka in January looks to be going ahead

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:38 am
foreignfield wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:06 pm
How much hope do we have that one of the scheduled Tests actually takes place? I'd love to see us take on Ireland, but as TapsC said, this is only happening in Zim at gun-point.
There's a little bit of hope based on this article.

2 Tests v Sri Lanka in January looks to be going ahead
Makoni mentioned they might swap the tests for limited overs stuff. Hopefully not because I think if the boys can get some
Logan Cup cricket in & prepare the right pitches it could be a good series with a chance of victory for Zimbabwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Word on the street is that ZC are no closer to having the Logan Cup organized. What on earth are they doing? How hard is it to organize a handful of cricket matches?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am
Makoni claiming the Sri Lanka series will go ahead, whilst also suggesting the Test matches will be scrapped for more limited overs stuff

Also suggesting the domestic competition will start in December

https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/waiting-ga ... cricketers
Seems no impact of ICC's ban on ZC, these individuals are still given back their posts.Makoni is also one of those responsible for downfall of Cricket in Zimbabwe
Where have you been?? The ICC backed the Mukhanli /Makoni regime 110% !!! They ordered the SRC to reinstate them no questions asked. I'm sure that these thieves running the ICC are probably getting some kick back from ZC too
Thats 60% grace shown by ICC. 40% of Mukuhalani's fake report given to ICC, to prove politics not interfering in ZC

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

eugene wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:10 am
Word on the street is that ZC are no closer to having the Logan Cup organized. What on earth are they doing? How hard is it to organize a handful of cricket matches?
This is why I don't have the same level of respect for Hammy that people claim we should. He was responsible for this organisation staying in power and ruining the game like they continue to.

There has been absolutely no cricket for Zim in what should be our busiest period of cricket for the year.
Googly wrote: There's a little bit of hope based on this article.
It's the herald. Probably Melhuli getting one of his cronies to write up some crap.