2020 ZIM fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2020 ZIM fixtures

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm
I’d love Encore to be online to give his take on the disaster unfolding in South Africa.
This isn’t directed at you specifically, but I see this type of comment way to often here from a lot of forum members.

Encore/hhm got you all good. He hit a nerve with the forum like nothing I’ve seen before on a forum. In the sense it lasted years.

A master troll and he won. He got his tentacles in and riled everyone up and my impression at least is he stands on top. Played the forum (some exception) like a fiddle.

Strangely, the one forum member who actually got to him and made him run was Chesterton.

Who would have thought that of all the forum and its members, with the substantial collective intelligence we have, that the one that destroyed hhm, was a paranoid nutcase with 100 posts that thought him and Sloan wanted to kill him.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

:lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY = encore?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

https://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/cricket ... bf85373c81
NT Cricket CEO Joel Morrison confirmed Cricket Australia was considering the Marrara precinct as a possible training and playing venue for the touring Zimbabwe side in 2020.

“Cricket Australia are considering a number of options throughout the country for the series (against Zimbabwe next year), including Darwin,” Morrison said in a statement to the NT News.

“We’ll be better placed to understand the likely host venues early in the new year.”
That pretty much confirms the series v Australia will be played in Australia.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And in Darwin as we predicted. Could be worse.. could be at Ayer’s Rock.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:55 pm
What’s wrong with Darwin?

Great city
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Damn. Was hoping for AB Field. Flights to the NT can be pricey...

oh well, perhaps we can do an aussie based catch up at one of the games and watch Chari score 10 off 40.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 pm
Googly wrote:

Great city
What’s great about it?

I’ve never been so I don’t know, but from what I can gather the place seems like hell.
Extreme heat, can’t swim in any of the lakes beaches because of jellyfish and crocodiles. Extreme aboriginal poverty and anti social behaviour. Isolated.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 am
... can’t swim in any of the lakes beaches because of jellyfish and crocodiles ...
Another Aussie gone soft :(

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 pm
Googly wrote:

Great city
What’s great about it?

I’ve never been so I don’t know, but from what I can gather the place seems like hell.
Extreme heat, can’t swim in any of the lakes beaches because of jellyfish and crocodiles. Extreme aboriginal poverty and anti social behaviour. Isolated.
I swam up there in the fresh water holes it was great, we went up recently for a boys trip (perfect destination) it’s tour typical back packer town so there’s a few good night spots (monsoons is the hot spot) European women and also for the fellas who enjoy the rippers there’s a few good gentlemen’s clubs around.

We hired a van and drove through the Litchfield National park where we swam in numerous water holes and took in some great views.

We also went for a days fishing in the Darwin Harbour (4-5 times the size of Sydney harbour) we caught plenty of big fish and even three sharks !!! Next day we went Barramundi fishing Jabiru in the Kakadu national park, although due to them
Not having a decent wet season for a while the Barra were hard to catch we encountered a water buffalo and saw some really big crocodiles.

There’s also these markets on the beach which are really cool and the sunset on the beach was magical, although as you pointed out you can’t swim in the water.

The vibe of the town is really lad back and rules are much more relaxed than the other states of Australia, I’d highly recommend visiting
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement