Test Team vs Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Test Team vs Sri Lanka

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:14 am
Can we look forward to the ZCF Team of the decade ?
Hmm, will that XI have hmm once or 4 times? :D
We can compensate for that by having Jemisi twice and Andybligzz thrice...

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:04 am
jaybro wrote:
Hmm, will that XI have hmm once or 4 times? :D
We can compensate for that by having Jemisi twice and Andybligzz thrice...
:)

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:22 pm
TapsC wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:07 pm
https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/prince-wan ... he-big-one

Looks like Masvaure is gunning for that opening spot too. 2 more rounds before the squad is announced. Burl Raza and BT haven't even played yet
Great to see the nice happy family pic there!
Even better that his wife is not only praying and fasting for him but also cooking him healthy food.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:52 am
Guys, are Raza's issues with the board resolved and will he be in the reckoning for the test squad?
I was thinking about that actually, I guess he’s not a lock for the series at this point. If he plays for the Tuskers in the next month or so leading up to the series you’d think that means yes.
Hmm.. This is a very important year for Zimbabwe cricket, starting right from the U19 WC. I think Zimbabwe should field their best XI possible in every single game.

When will they announce the schedule for Sri Lanka series?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:35 am
jaybro wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
Guys, are Raza's issues with the board resolved and will he be in the reckoning for the test squad?
I was thinking about that actually, I guess he’s not a lock for the series at this point. If he plays for the Tuskers in the next month or so leading up to the series you’d think that means yes.
Hmm.. This is a very important year for Zimbabwe cricket, starting right from the U19 WC. I think Zimbabwe should field their best XI possible in every single game.

When will they announce the schedule for Sri Lanka series?
Late Jan early feb is the word
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
Moor
Burl
Craig
BT (capt & keeper)
Williams
Raza
Munyonga
Maura / Mashinge
Mumba
Jarvis
Chatara

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

If everyone is fit and available:

1. Ryan Burl
2. PJ Moor
3. Craig Ervine
4. Brendan Taylor
5. Sean Williams (c)
6. Sikandar Raza
7. Regis Chakabva (wk)
8. Donald Tiripano
9. Kyle Jarvis
10. Carl Mumba
11. Tendai Chara

Prince Masvaure can come in for Burl if he doesn't play any 4 day cricket leading into the series.

If for some reason we don't play on a green top and a spinner is required, Chisoro can come in for Tiripano.

If Raza is unavailable, bring in Kasuza to open and drop Moor down to 6 even though I'd rather see him up top with Burl.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:29 am
eugene wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:51 am
I have missed our Name your XI threads. Good to have some cricket in the near future to talk about.
The XI I'm looking forward to is... well, we are close to that time of the year where eugene's ZCF XI would be out :D
The ZCF XI is in the works.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

jaybro wrote:
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:29 am
eugene wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:51 am
I have missed our Name your XI threads. Good to have some cricket in the near future to talk about.
The XI I'm looking forward to is... well, we are close to that time of the year where eugene's ZCF XI would be out :D
There actually already is one, covering the first decade of ZCF: viewtopic.php?t=14345
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Ryan Burl posting on twitter he’s playing his last game for Chottagram before returning to Zimbabwe

One would presume that means he’s in the Test squad? Can’t help but feel for the guys slugging away in the Logan Cup, although there haven’t been that many guys demanding selection with a mountain of runs.

Tiripano was pretty much booked his spot in the squad at the very least with another big game for the Mountaineers, can’t help but love that guy he always goes back to domestic cricket and kills it, although I don’t think he’s good enough for Test cricket he always puts up the numbers and demands selection.

Kasuza didn’t really do enough to force his way in either, or Mudzinganyama who probably needed another 100 at least. I’d say Prince will open with Moor, if Burl does play he’ll probably bat at 7 or 8 & play as the spinner, hard luck for Chisoro if he misses out for Burl, he’s done all you could have asked of him.

This is the side I think they might go with reading between the lines -

Prince
Moor
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza
Burl
Regis
Tiripano
Jarvis
Chatara / Mumba