Logan Cup 2019/20 R3 Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v ACHPP

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Logan Cup 2019/20 R3 Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v ACHPP

Post by TapsC »

That Rangers opener will crack the Zim team by March if he keeps playing like this . That's the 1 attractive thing about ZC. It won't take long for you to get noticed. There is a vacancy uptop and he bowls as well.he just needs to convert those 50s

Googly

Post by Googly »

Soon all you’ll have to do is make roll call, attend daily prayer and pay the 10% tithe and you’ll get a gig. I said in an earlier post that people won’t want to play over Xmas, especially when a tiny bit of planning could have prevented this.
We’re now officially in a major drought as well. If it doesn’t rain our problems are monumental. The gov can even f^*# up the rainfall pattern :lol:

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

It's a joke. Also raises the standard for the others. Unless they are in camp...

If "in camp" means sitting by the pool drinking cocktails that have little parasols floating in them, then yes, they're in camp. Their lack of appearance is worse than an Aussie PM on holidays during bush fire season.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:59 pm
Soon all you’ll have to do is make roll call, attend daily prayer and pay the 10% tithe and you’ll get a gig. I said in an earlier post that people won’t want to play over Xmas, especially when a tiny bit of planning could have prevented this.
We’re now officially in a major drought as well. If it doesn’t rain our problems are monumental. The gov can even f^*# up the rainfall pattern :lol:
There is no excuse for not playing. This is a lack of professionalism. You sit and do nothing for months and then when it's game time you decide to go on holiday. How many cricketers world wide are in action right now? It's so disappointing. how do you expect to just kick on against an international side with no game time? I really hope guys like Masvaure are rewarded and some of the favourites are dropped after a first test horror show. This is getting tiring. Craig Ervine has played 71 first class games since 2004 and 15 were actual test matches. Sean Williams 61 games since 2004 and 10 were test matches. Brian Chari 68 games since 2011. It's shocking.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When you treat the players with disrespect for two decades and then expect them to be at your beck and call in a failing system then this will happen. Not one season has gone smoothly where it starts on time and is not interrupted by player action, lack of money etc. Plus some of these guys know there’s no one close to them in ability. I maintain that the players mostly deserve their poor treatment, they could have (and still can) put a stop to this diabolical mismanagement any time they choose, although they’ve mostly made their beds now. When our abundantly generous funding gets cut and the cricket really grinds to a halt they’ve got no one to blame but themselves.
Having said that it’s a poor effort and it will reflect in what’s likely to be the standard frustrating performances that we’ve gotten so used to.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:59 pm
That Rangers opener will crack the Zim team by March if he keeps playing like this . That's the 1 attractive thing about ZC. It won't take long for you to get noticed. There is a vacancy uptop and he bowls as well.he just needs to convert those 50s
127* and four wickets with his off-breaks as well, plus a leftie.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:27 am
When you treat the players with disrespect for two decades and then expect them to be at your beck and call in a failing system then this will happen. Not one season has gone smoothly where it starts on time and is not interrupted by player action, lack of money etc. Plus some of these guys know there’s no one close to them in ability. I maintain that the players mostly deserve their poor treatment, they could have (and still can) put a stop to this diabolical mismanagement any time they choose, although they’ve mostly made their beds now. When our abundantly generous funding gets cut and the cricket really grinds to a halt they’ve got no one to blame but themselves.
Having said that it’s a poor effort and it will reflect in what’s likely to be the standard frustrating performances that we’ve gotten so used to.
I get that a lot of players have animosity (a lot don’t) but this is still poor.

For me personally, I question WHY they wouldn’t want to play after being out of action for so long. They have had a nice break and are well rested, not constantly active like the Aussie or Indian team. This was a great opportunity to have a live net session.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

15th FC hundred for Regis

18th career ton

Pulled his team out of a big hole

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 am
Well, get him in the team! :)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:55 pm
foreignfield wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 am
Well, get him in the team! :)
If he can rinse and repeat next game. He will be on the radar.

Do it a third time shortly thereafter. Nigga be opening against Australia.

Also I’ve never heard of the bloke before. Am I a dumb cunt on this or has he come from the clouds?

If he has come from the clouds and IF he repeats it successfully, then that is a massive endorsement of credibility for the Campbell academy.

Hold the thought but. Could just be variable luck.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*