Blessing muzarabani

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Blessing muzarabani

Post by Donald »

I see that blessing muzarabani is back in Zimbabwe playing for eagles in a practice match against mountaineers. He took 1-25 from 10 overs. Nice to hear he is back. It may be just for the winter until he goes back to England but certainly younger players can learn a lot from him

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Blessing muzarabani

Post by Black Mamba »

This is nothing good as Zimbabwe have to play important shorter formats for reaching ICC 50 Overs World Cup 2023 and fast bowling attack is very much poor

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I thought we had decided to never speak of Muzarabani again after he ditched us?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Donald wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 am
I see that blessing muzarabani is back in Zimbabwe playing for eagles in a practice match against mountaineers. He took 1-25 from 10 overs. Nice to hear he is back. It may be just for the winter until he goes back to England but certainly younger players can learn a lot from him
What youngster is he teaching?

He’s still the youngest bowler there just about.

Not sure what wisdom warming the bench in English division 2 he can pass on either.

Maybe how to game the English residency system.

Probably something like this;

Step one ~ join or partake in overseas cricket tour
Step two ~ Download Tinder upon landing
Step three ~ poke hole in condom.
Your imagination can fill the rest.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/mabhunu-sh ... -the-noise

TO say that Blessing Muzarabani has gone through quite the transformation, since calling time on his international career to try his hand at county cricket in the UK, would be a gross understatement!

Yes, the 22-year-old is still very much the tall, humble, withdrawn and hugely talented youngster from Highfield that we have grown to love over the years.

But in the time since signing with Northamptonshire last year; Muzarabani has transformed from bering the darling of the locals to a mere fond memory, as evidenced by his sombre and subdued homecoming some weeks ago.

Infaras his game is concerned, there is a renewed swagger about the way Muzarabani goes about business these days.

The former Rising Stars quick now prefers to spend most of his free time alone, and spends most of his days either at practice or at games with Eagles – having signed on as an overseas player – or holed up in his apartment located somewhere in the Harare Business District.

The apartment is a secret, you see, and not many of his friends or even family know its exact location.

He fancies himself quite the batsman now, and dreams of turning into an all-rounder someday.

However, the most important thing about his transformation is how “Mabhunu” is now more comfortable in his own skin and has no regrets about quitting international cricket.

“Yes, I have no regrets,” said Muzarabani.

“It was not an easy decision to make and one I did not take lightly; I consulted a lot of people, both family and friends, and a couple of cricket people whose opinions I hold dear.

“They all seemed to point me in the one direction.

“Obviously, I cannot mention each of them by name, right now, but believe me I thought long and hard about it,” he said.

The former Rising Stars pace bowler recently returned home to little pomp and fanfare – having just completed an injury-blighted season with Northamptonshire.

“It was a good season, inasfar as debut seasons go, but there were a couple of challenges here and there,” said the cricketing starlet.

“Adopting to the new environment was the biggest challenge, as there are always things you want to do all at once, but that is not really practical.

“There is the need to assimilate one’s self into a new country and league, endear yourself to your new teammates and, most importantly, contribute on the pitch itself.

“Luckily, I have been there (UK) a couple of times before, playing club cricket, and so I was familiar with the terrain.

“My new teammates were very welcoming and as such that helped me adapt faster,” he said.

Muzarabani paid special tribute to West Indies Test skipper Jason Holder, as the 28-year-old Barbadian cricketer became a pillar of strength and guidance for Muzarabani.

“The senior players in the team were very helpful and I learnt a lot from guys like Temba Bavuma and Jason Holder.

“Holder, in particular, was the person I leaned to the most, for help, guidance and advice.

“He is a very talented all-rounder and he really helped me with my batting.

“I have improved in confidence and technique, so much so that I now harbour aspirations of becoming an all-rounder myself,” he said.

Muzarabani took the first steps into turning that dream into reality, earlier this month, when he scored maiden first-class half-century a fortnight ago.

His only regret, so far, is that he did not play enough games, having injured his back before he could truly make his mark in county cricket.

“I’m okay now, but I had a back problem a few months ago and it cost me a huge chunk of the season.

“That was by far the hardest part of the season; watching from the stands and being powerless to help.

“It was really bad, and I remember being told I could even come back to Zimbabwe and rest, as it was mostly a strain and all I needed was rest,” he said.

That said, Muzarabani still looks forward to getting back to the UK and making up for the disappointments of his debut season.

He has not even ruled out returning to international cricket once his contract is done.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Good to have him playing for the Eagles, hasn’t really set the world on fire yet with the ball though.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think he still has a long way to go. The 1 thing I can see at least is that they have instilled a work ethic in him. He could have been on holiday. What surprised me the most was learning that Ngarava has a better first class record than him. Well I guess they have barely played much but it also shows how crazy it was he got signed with less than 10 FC games in him.In fact I think he had less than 30 professional games overall. He was very lucky. In the long run him going to England is a win for us because they will transform him from a prospect to the finished product in a professional environment. He will probably come back and replace Jarvis in 3 years. Perfect timing.

I can't wait for that county team to come down so that we can measure our own league.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes I’m looking forward to that as well. If they play a Board XI, Presidents XI, Zim A, Select XI or any other side that’s effectively our national players it’s not a reflection, but I’d like to see that as well. We want to see how a bottom rung county side goes against our franchise sides.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Actually everyone will be watching with interest. There’s a fair amount at stake. If we get smashed it’s a further nail in the coffin.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why would Muzarabani be holed up in a secret apartment?
:lol: :lol: H-Metro should get into him, hopefully he’s not hiding some dark secret :lol:
The reporter must be the editor’s gay lover, can’t think how else that got to press. :lol: